Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you least like to have as a next-door neighbor?
a quiet, homosexual male couple 12 8.63%
a big family (Mom, Dad, 5 kids, 2 dogs, and Grandma) 28 20.14%
a very sexually active, single heterosexual male 7 5.04%
an Evangelical Christian 37 26.62%
a female strip club dancer 8 5.76%
an atheist 3 2.16%
other 9 6.47%
I could be happy with any of them as my next-door neighbor 35 25.18%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:08 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times

Advertisements

big family- I hate children and the elderly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 05:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
i hate filth.. and so far in maryland with millions of illegals moving here, its trash everywhere.. they just don't know what a trash can looks like.. so i would hate to live next to them..sorry i have to feel this way, but its true..
Yeah, I almost put "an illegal alien" on the list, but I wanted to keep all of the choices "legal"; otherwise, everyone would have chosen it, whether it's an illegal alien, a drug dealer, etc.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:15 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
a drug dealer
What does this drug dealer sell?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
What does this drug dealer sell?
Maybe that could be the next poll:

What type of drug dealer would you most like to have as a next-door neighbor?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Wow, that's wildly inappropriate. Did you know that the majority of pedophiles are middle-aged, straight white men? Pedophiles often don't mind touching children of either sex, it's about age for them, not gender. Frankly, your kids are in more danger from good ol' uncle Ted than your gay neighbors.
Was just kidding. I know plenty of homosexuals and live near a homosexual couple.

Personally, I wouldn't mind living near any of them. The one option that you didn't add, that I would mind living near are ghetto street thugs who somehow managed to afford a house out in suburbia. Such trash should be eliminated from existence.

As far as the big white trash family goes, every neighborhood I've lived in since I was a child has had one family like this, and I think they bring an interesting personality to the mix. I always enjoy them on the fourth of July.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
i hate filth.. and so far in maryland with millions of illegals moving here, its trash everywhere.. they just don't know what a trash can looks like.. so i would hate to live next to them..sorry i have to feel this way, but its true..
Millions of illegals in Maryland? LMAO. I'm from Maryland originally, btw, so I know that is a gross exaggeration! I now live in California which actually DOES have a huge number of "illegals," and they've never been bad neighbors in my experiences... and I've lived in 2 towns that had more immigrants (both legal and illegal) than American-born residents. I'm sure you don't really "hate to feel this way" or you wouldn't have said anything.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:41 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Was just kidding. I know plenty of homosexuals and live near a homosexual couple.

Personally, I wouldn't mind living near any of them. The one option that you didn't add, that I would mind living near are ghetto street thugs who somehow managed to afford a house out in suburbia. Such trash should be eliminated from existence.

As far as the big white trash family goes, every neighborhood I've lived in since I was a child has had one family like this, and I think they bring an interesting personality to the mix. I always enjoy them on the fourth of July.
Thank you for the clarification.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I have to chuckle, because the fact that you were just kidding highlights an interesting transition in the way society sees gay people.

I've realized over the last couple of months (since Election Day) that there are lots of folks who simply don't care about someone's sexual orientation. It seems like a lot gays (myself included, until recently) still are very defensive about being gay, and as a result, have a "victim mentality" about it.

Yet, there are those who still really do not like gays, so sometimes it's not easy to tell if someone's kidding when they make a remark like you did. That's why it makes me laugh when I see that you're only joking.

After Prop. 8 passed in California, I read comments on here and on Craigslist from straight guys saying that they were "laughing at the gays". My first reaction was the usual one: They hate us! And they're laughing at us because we lost! But then when I saw more of their comments, I realized that a lot of them weren't laughing because "gays lost", they were laughing at some gays/protesters because they were acting as if they were about to be shipped off to a concentration camp! lol...

It's interesting - I think the "straight community" has made a lot more progress in accepting differences in sexual orientation than many gays realize.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Used to live next door to exactly that - they were outgoing, friendly, funny, but one kept trying to hit up on my 13 yr old stepson.
Then he was a pedophile who happened to be gay. I have gay guys living two doors down and they are great neighbors. I wouldn't worry about them being with my son for a minute.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:01 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I'm sorry you have had that negative experience with your Christian neighbor. Most Christians would back off if you inform them that you are not interested in hearing what they have to say. God never calls us to force our Christianity on anyone which is why He gave us free will to choose. We are only called to share the good news but respectfully stop sharing if it is unwelcomed. Sounds like your neighbor was being obnoxious and a bit inconsiderate. They had no right to use your backyard as their play area without your consent. Please don't attribute this to apply to all Christians.
I am in total agreement with you. I am a Christian and we walked down the street to church on Sunday and this guy saw us. He knew we were involved in our church. I guess that's why they call them evangelicals, they have the need to shove their particular beliefs on others... I mean evangelize!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies