Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times

Advertisements

No surprise here. Of course, the war on a noun will never end because we're not fighting countries but individual groups. Cheney goes on to say bush would like to close Guantanamo but can't figure out how to do it. Cheney believes it will be very hard for Obama to keep his campaign promise to close the facility. I think Obama is up to the task. Suprising he didn't say "if you will" once in the interview. Can't wait to see Cheney get out of town.
Clip:
Asked if he thought, in hindsight, any of the tactics went too far, Cheney said, "I don't." Questioned about whether he thought the reported use of waterboarding on Mohammed was appropriate, Cheney replied, "I do."
The vice president was asked when the United States could responsibly close the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, which was set up to hold detainees in President George W. Bush's war on terror launched after September 11.
"Well, I think that that would come with the end of the war on terror," Cheney said, adding no one knows when that might be.
"In previous wars, we've always exercised the right to capture the enemy and then hold them until the end of the conflict.
"The same basic principle ought to apply here in terms of our right to capture the enemy and hold them," Cheney said, noting that in many cases the captives' home countries did not want them back and no other nation was willing to take them.
Print Story: Don't close Guantanamo until terror war ends: Cheney - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081215/pl_nm/us_cheney_guantanamo/print;_ylt=AhXRiD7yMS.s.2VOKsPm21Ng.3QA - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
No surprise here. Of course, the war on a noun will never end because we're not fighting countries but individual groups. Cheney goes on to say bush would like to close Guantanamo but can't figure out how to do it. Cheney believes it will be very hard for Obama to keep his campaign promise to close the facility. I think Obama is up to the task. Suprising he didn't say "if you will" once in the interview. Can't wait to see Cheney get out of town.
Clip:
Asked if he thought, in hindsight, any of the tactics went too far, Cheney said, "I don't." Questioned about whether he thought the reported use of waterboarding on Mohammed was appropriate, Cheney replied, "I do."
The vice president was asked when the United States could responsibly close the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, which was set up to hold detainees in President George W. Bush's war on terror launched after September 11.
"Well, I think that that would come with the end of the war on terror," Cheney said, adding no one knows when that might be.
"In previous wars, we've always exercised the right to capture the enemy and then hold them until the end of the conflict.
"The same basic principle ought to apply here in terms of our right to capture the enemy and hold them," Cheney said, noting that in many cases the captives' home countries did not want them back and no other nation was willing to take them.
Print Story: Don't close Guantanamo until terror war ends: Cheney - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081215/pl_nm/us_cheney_guantanamo/print;_ylt=AhXRiD7yMS.s.2VOKsPm21Ng.3QA - broken link)
OK, my happy little daydream is to see all the garbage..Rove, bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney..and all their friends and family occupying Guantanamo for eternity to pay for what they did to Americans.

""""In previous wars, we've always exercised the right to capture the enemy and then hold them until the end of the conflict.
"The same basic principle ought to apply here in terms of our right to capture the enemy and hold them," """

Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Craw back under your rock Dick, you have locked up your place in history as the meanest and most corrupt bastard to every hold the office of VP. You make Agnue look like a saint.

May your also rot in hell with your minion Bush.

Bastard

Old 12-16-2008, 12:40 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
I other words, until there is not one single human being alive on earth who could potentially become a terrorist. Just as he determined that Iraq had to be attacked, because it could potentially be a producer of WMDs.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:39 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I other words, until there is not one single human being alive on earth who could potentially become a terrorist. Just as he determined that Iraq had to be attacked, because it could potentially be a producer of WMDs.
..you will agree that once this is done, there will be peace on earth.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Clip:
Hasn't Cheney's reptilian tongue fallen out yet due to the leprosy I've wished and prayed so hard for him to contract?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 PM

164 posts, read 240,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, my happy little daydream is to see all the garbage..Rove, bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney..and all their friends and family occupying Guantanamo for eternity to pay for what they did to Americans.

""""In previous wars, we've always exercised the right to capture the enemy and then hold them until the end of the conflict.
"The same basic principle ought to apply here in terms of our right to capture the enemy and hold them," """

Yes yes yes! That's my happy little daydream too! Dreaming about a day when 'accountability' comes back home to stay and these douchebags are made an example of to any others who would run this nation into ruin based on their personal desire to profit & greed.

Really want to punish these morons?; let's put them in Guantanamo but on Fidel's side of the fence!.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
Yes yes yes! That's my happy little daydream too! Dreaming about a day when 'accountability' comes back home to stay and these douchebags are made an example of to any others who would run this nation into ruin based on their personal desire to profit & greed.

Really want to punish these morons?; let's put them in Guantanamo but on Fidel's side of the fence!.
Yeah, and let's do it when Fidel's good friend Hugo Chavez is visiting.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 12-16-2008 at 05:58 PM..

Old 12-16-2008, 06:05 PM

164 posts, read 240,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah, and let's do it when Fidel's good friend Hugo Chavez is visiting.

Now, now. Let's not overdo the punishment!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:33 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
I think that real punishment for Cheney would be his companies falling into complete ruin. An international boycott of every facet of his business would show him what we think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies