Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:13 AM

356 posts, read 1,177,948 times

Advertisements

A Rebublican believes in the sanctity of life for the unborn child, but at 18 you can kill him.

A Democrat believes terminating the life of the unborn is permissible, but the 18 year old serial killer needs to be saved.

Does not seem to go hand in hand.

As for the Presidents daughters drinking under age, how many college students don't? They are just kids, that happen to belong to the President.

Pelosi nor the President are responsible for murder rates, the suspects are.

Aithough I do not know either one of them, both are most likely good hearted individuals with firm convictions; however, I can think of better role models for my children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 10:13 AM

2,971 posts, read 2,251,898 times
Nan Pelosi is a nominal Roman Catholic, an ardent supporter of abortion, and champion of "San Francisco values." She is a moral example all right.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,125,531 times
Quote:
Hmm, Nancy Pelosi, a Roman Catholic consistently voted in favor of partial birth abortion, showing no concern for the rights of the innocent unborn, but consitently votes AGAINST the death penality. She opposed state and local governments from displaying the 10 Commandments on public property. Also, as a Catholic, she opposes allowing students to pray in the classroom. I could go on but I think it is clear. . . Please no attacks that I am being "judgemental" because the thread originator asked a question that asks for opinions, and for one to make a judgement
While it's nice to throw around non-medial terms to create a response, it doesn't change the fact that this is irrlevant as it is not the norm. And please don't say that I am saying that life is irrelevant.

The Constitution is opposed to placing your Commandments on everyone's property. So don't distort this and make it about Pelosi.

Ok, two non issues out of the way, what's next?

Quote:
Also, as a Catholic, she opposes allowing students to pray in the classroom.
Oh another contrived "issue" Again see the Constitution.

Now if you want to discuss morality and being pro-life, let's discuss the life issues that effect millions of Americans: Healthcare, education, poverty, energy policy/enivornment, consumer protections/environment, etc etc.

And the death penalty is not pro-life, or are you suggesting that Jesus would have pulled the lever on so and so because they were a bad person.......

Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM

1,247 posts, read 923,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Nan Pelosi is a nominal Roman Catholic, an ardent supporter of abortion, and champion of "San Francisco values." She is a moral example all right.
How is she any less moral than anyone else? Because she doesn't follow YOUR moral code?

Old 05-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
How is she any less moral than anyone else? Because she doesn't follow YOUR moral code?
No, I find it hypocritical for someone to claim they are Catholic to support abortion. I find it hypocritical for someone Catholic to believe homosexuality is not sinful.
And I don't know her "current" stand on this issue of partial-birth abortion, but I do know she has been in favor of it in the past.

And LF05 the OPs thread question regarding who is a better moral example Pelosi or Bush does require one to make a judgement. Most people would determine the answer to this question based yes on their own moral code. Backed of course with evidence, which I supplied.

Why, how would you determine who is a better "moral example."

Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,125,531 times
Quote:
No, I find it hypocritical for someone to claim they are Catholic to support abortion
Pro-life is not = to anti-abortion. Pro-life is much, much more than that. Not everyone adheres to the same beliefs with conception.

But by all means call her a hypocrite while Republicans have a platform that doesn't support healthcare, education, or a number of other issues that literally effect LIFE and MILLIONs of Americans.

Quote:
I find it hypocritical for someone Catholic to believe homosexuality is not sinful.
God must be a hypocrite then.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,819,082 times
Default It would be a rainy day in hell ;-)

Lets put it this way.

On a rainy day with thunderstorms I would NEVER stand beside George! Come to think of it I would never stand beside George inside or outside on any day.

He talks the talk but can’t walk the walk and the good Lord will look down on him harshly on day.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:54 AM

234 posts, read 785,503 times
I think a lot of politicians (like Bush) pretend to be religious, or claim to be "certain ways" in order to win votes, and stay in power.

I'm not a fan of George W. Bush or Nancy Pelosi. I'm not a fan of any of the current presidential candidates either.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Pro-life is not = to anti-abortion. Pro-life is much, much more than that. Not everyone adheres to the same beliefs with conception.

But by all means call her a hypocrite while Republicans have a platform that doesn't support healthcare, education, or a number of other issues that literally effect LIFE and MILLIONs of Americans.

God must be a hypocrite then.
JoeP your posts often confound me. When I stated I find it hypocritical for a Catholic to be in favor of homosexuality you state God must be a hypocrite?? God's word clearly states his position on this issue. What on earth are you talking about?

Old 05-17-2007, 08:05 AM

793 posts, read 3,118,662 times
Oh lord, having to choose an answer to this one is like the choice of being forced to listen to an entire CD by either N'Sync or the Backstreet Boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies