Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont know what he is talking about. i am very macho. i drink really strong coffee no sugar or cream nothing. and i dont put jam or butter on my croissant or anything like that.
Another "funny" giving the OP all the weight it deserves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 03:07 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Well djacques, Clint has made most of his money promoting films containing lot's of senseless violence amigo.
After all when it comes down to acting talent, a piece of 4 by 2 would give Clint a run for his money.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
What a bunch mindless tripe some people spew. Mr. Eastwood was useing his childhood during the depression to illistrate the direction our society is heading. We have gone from being a self supporting, strong, take care of our own people. to being a bunch of entiltlement minded, sniveling, law suit happy bunch of crybabys...... I can't wait for the next real depression to hit......Now I'm sure a number of you have to stand in line for your check....................

Old 12-17-2008, 04:55 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
What a bunch mindless tripe some people spew. Mr. Eastwood was useing his childhood during the depression to illistrate the direction our society is heading. We have gone from being a self supporting, strong, take care of our own people. to being a bunch of entiltlement minded, sniveling, law suit happy bunch of crybabys...... I can't wait for the next real depression to hit......Now I'm sure a number of you have to stand in line for your check....................
I totally agree with you, if the times got really tough, alot of people would be running aroud like chickens with their heads cut off.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:24 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I always thought Clint Eastwood was a bit of a dolt, and he's now proven it. Yeah, let's go back to solving problems with senseless violence. What a great step forward that would be.

Yes, appeasement always works. Just ask the man on the left...

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-17-2008 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Linked to copyright image.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:35 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Redneck is not a racial or even a geographical epithet, it's a state of mind. I'm white, why on earth would I use a slur that was simply anti-white?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:50 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
It was easier in the past. A man knew what it was to be a man. You stood up for things that were wrong and had the right to do so. You were expected to do so. The way you lived, the training you put yourself through, prepared you for the inevitable confrontations, ones that could end in dismemberment or even death.

Then something happened. We passed laws of decency. Lawyers became our shepherds, and what was once a fairly easy thing to understand became muddled in the bureaucracy of what we call being "civilized". A man could no longer stand up to the wrongs that were around him. He had to go through courts and lawyers and trudge through miles of red tape. Woman demanded equality and she got it. Not by getting everything the man had but by the man being castrated into the form of a woman. I don't care what you say, that's not progress. That's not evolution. It's a disease and it needs someone to understand what's at stake. Someone who can stand up like a real man and take action against injustice and unfairness in this world. Today. Right now. Before lunch.
-- He was a Quiet Man

Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
It's an incredibly short 'article' but I do agree completely with this part.

Quote:
"In those days you punched the bully back and duked it out. People were tougher then.
I have a lot of teachers in my family - the way they describe today's option it more or less sounds like 'run and hide.'

Old 12-17-2008, 07:30 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
While I'd never want to go back to life in the 1950s he does make a valid point.

This country is trying to feminize little boys and kill any semblance of masculinity in our male youth. Below are some of the lessons my Mom and Dad taught me I'll teach my son when I have kids (and probably be prosecuted by CPS)...

Real men treat women with respect but refuse to be their doormats and you never, EVER lay a hand on a woman unless in defense of your life or anothers life.

Standing up for yourself and being assertive is a positive trait not negative

You don't need to wear a helmet every time you go outside the house.

You should expect to fail once in a while and have to pick yourself up and try again.

Not everyone should get a trophy all the time.

Life isn't fair.

You are accountable for your actions.

You are ultimately responsible for your own happiness.

No matter how the feminists and liberal feel gooders try and change it our country will always need some real men around. Sorry, but sometimes you really do need to be able to "punch out the bully" both figuratively and metaphorically. If they have their way we will be a nation of doormats and p***ies!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachytree View Post
Wow, "soft" -- at first I thought he was talking about the obesity epidemic you see outside L.A. burrito stands these days, but then he's really talking about how Leftist pseudo-science has gained in prominence, to the detriment of the nation.

"Therapist couch", now who would want to wallow in that milieu? with those pervs?

Eastwood is, of course, totally right.
What I find amazing (and very funny too) is the fact that you right winger neoCONS talk non stop about the "liberal movie stars" and talk about wishing all the movie stars would move out of the country blah blah blah.. and then immediately go into buttkiss mode anytime one of them talks out of the "right" side of their mouth.Hilarious AND hypocritical at the same time.Right wing typical M.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies