Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
What's wrong with "discussing" it? And, who was wiretapping, anyway?!
That's what I was thinking? Why would he not be able to discuss who would take Obama's place? If he wasn't cashing in on selling the seat as the Governor was, what did he do that was inappropriate??? If the story is going anywhere, I think it needs a bit more traction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
This started out as another right-wing witch hunt thread...looks like it still is...
The investigation about Rahm's involvement in this is not a right-wing witch hunt. It needs to be done efficiently, accurately, and without input from the public pulse.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
What investigation of Emmanuel would that be?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
What a waste of good server memory this thread is....LOL

Why don't they just clear out all the right wing conspiracy threads that never come to pass? I'm sure the website would run 20% faster.

Also ban Worldnut Daily articles from being posted here. They've taken too many wingnuts for a ride and made them look like fools over and over.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What investigation of Emmanuel would that be?
An investigation into whether he did, or did not, do anything illegal in connection with Blago.

But you already knew that...

Old 12-28-2008, 06:55 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
The investigation about Rahm's involvement in this is not a right-wing witch hunt. It needs to be done efficiently, accurately, and without input from the public pulse.
And the thread title Rahm Emmanuel being pressured to resign already seems to you to conform to such a standard? Fitzgerald has all the tapes and any improprieties on them will be acted upon. Meanwhile, I see nothing here but an apopleptic right-wing seeking to revive the "glory" days of Whitewater and the Clinton Hit List...

Old 12-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
And the thread title Rahm Emmanuel being pressured to resign already seems to you to conform to such a standard? Fitzgerald has all the tapes and any improprieties on them will be acted upon. Meanwhile, I see nothing here but an apopleptic right-wing seeking to revive the "glory" days of Whitewater and the Clinton Hit List...
Did I not, in post 22, write, "The investigation about Rahm's involvement in this is not a right-wing witch hunt. It needs to be done efficiently, accurately, and without input from the public pulse."?

Let the investigation be done - and not by Republicans or Democrats. It does not require my input, or opinion. If he's innocent, he's innocent. If he's guilty, he's guilty.

That is all.

Now... is there something unfair about that?

Old 12-28-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
An investigation into whether he did, or did not, do anything illegal in connection with Blago.

But you already knew that...
Nope, I didn't know that since Fitzgerald has said as much regarding this investigation of Blagojevich. So, who else is supposedly investigation Emmanuel?

Old 12-28-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nope, I didn't know that since Fitzgerald has said as much regarding this investigation of Blagojevich. So, who else is supposedly investigation Emmanuel?
That is not the point, and we both know it.

One way or the other, Emmanuel needs to be shown to be either innocent or guilty - and if he's guilty, what he is guilty of.

The matter needs to be objectively investigated - and that objective investigation cannot be led by public opinion.

If he is shown to be guilty of punishable offenses, he needs to resign. If he is shown to be innocent, he needs to be allowed to get on with his job.

Again, what is unfair about that?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
One way or the other, Emmanuel needs to be shown to be either innocent or guilty - and if he's guilty, what he is guilty of.
Silly me, and to think that we believed in the presumption of innocence AND that's after an indictment! Emmanuel was not arrested, has not been indicted, nor has he even been named as a "person of interest," much less a "target" of Fitzgerald's investigation. Frankly, I don't know how much more innocent an individual could be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies