Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:00 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times

Advertisements

Thats because you allow yourself to be brainwashed by the media characterization of our President. I think for myself and evaluate the President based on how his performance effects me as a citizen of the US. You know little or nothing about me, my needs or my relationshipo with our government.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-19-2008 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Removed personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yep, noticed it. Don't care. Anything a little more substantive that we can pick apart now?
You assume that there is something substantive about him in the first place. Bad assumption.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:36 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Thats because you allow yourself to be brainwashed by the media characterization of our President. I think for myself and evaluate the President based on how his performance effects me as a citizen of the US. You know little or nothing about me, my needs or my relationshipo with our government.
I don't know if you were responding to me or in general. However, I was not directing my post at you, although I suppose since you're a Bush supporter, I was. I too think for myself & it's a bit hard to know anything about anything w/out reading or watching the news, how else is someone supposed to get information? I'd like to know what your thought of Obama would be if he steered this nation in the exact same way Bush has for the last 8 years....I predict since he's a democrat, you'll blast him.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Who cares. I am making a comparison between the current President who has been ridiculed and skewered for his public speaking with the President elect who was thrust into office because he can read a teleprompter. My point is Obama is no more articulate than Bush when speaking impromptu so he should be subject to the same ridicule

right?
Wrong! Recognize the complete double-standard mentality of the "left". Everything about them is hypocritical.

Lets think like a Dummie-crat:

"I am pro-choice, but against the death penalty."

"Equality for all, except in the case of Blacks or Hispanics or Women in which case we need affirmative action cause some of us are just a little more equal than others. PS - Asians need not apply for special consideration cause you are all so smart."

"Global warming is killing the planet...we must act now! PS - this gas is sure expensive, how about a refundable tax credit for us poor guys so we can still drive our SUV's."

"I am committed to ending Global warming...from the comfort and safety of my Lear jet."

"Minimum wage for me. PS - maximum wage for you greedy CEO types."

"The auto execs are out of touch when they fly into Washington in their private jets. PS- Obama needed that private jet to run a campaign, and Pelosi's new "private" government jet is for her safety."

"Illegals are just here to earn a living, quit persecuting them. PS - lets raise the taxes on the rich guys to pay for their education, healthcare, and anchor babies."

I can't think of one position you Dummie-crats have that you don't contradict yourself on. You are inconsistent. You rationalize your behavior as needed to make yourselves feel good, while in reality you collectively act like spoiled children.

Bush has done some things I don't care for. But he has stayed consistent in his stated goal and purpose, and has not waivered in the face of adverse public opinion. You guys on the "left" have no balls - you alter your stance or position based on CNN and other MSM propaganda. If its popular this week, you are all for it. Next week it might be something else.

PSS, you Demmies are a crooked bunch to boot. Selling Senate seats, rigging elections, ACORN, etc. At least learn how to cheat discretely. You guys are rank amateurs.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
PSS, you Demmies are a crooked bunch to boot. Selling Senate seats, rigging elections, ACORN, etc. At least learn how to cheat discretely. You guys are rank amateurs.
Irony, in it's finest form.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:39 AM

Yep, them auto execs are out of touch with their private jets:

Pelosi Jet Request Sparks Debate, Does Size Matter When It Comes To Speaker's Military Jet? Republicans Say Yes - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/07/eveningnews/main2445668.shtml - broken link)

Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 AM

Affirmative action? Asians need not apply, even though they are the true minority in the US (along with Native Americans):

Washingtonpost.com: Affirmative Action Special Report

Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Quote:
I'm still flabbergasted that there are people who still cling to the belief that Bush & his Administration were good for this country & the world. Amazing.
Karfar, are you kidding friend? the republicans are still blaming clinton for everything that's happened since 1943!
Quote:
Even some die-hard republicans have changed their tune about Bush.
and, as you can see, the die-hards posting here have not. and BTW, 12 inches of snow? howdy from new mexico, 33 degrees and sunny, high of 55 degrees today. good luck up there in brewtown.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
I base my ideas on the realities of my experiences. When I look at my pay check and see 1/4 of it going to the government I say "no more". When I see radical Muslims carrying out terrorist attacks on Americans throughout the world I say "do something". When I see our labor markets flooded with cheap labor from Mexico and H1bs from around the world I say "overhaul immigration build a fence and deport illegals".

This is simple stuff and doesnt need all the olberman/hannity commentary and supposed analysis. Its like the commercial with the firemen passing legislation.

Everyone in favor of clean water say I, aye!!!, easiest job I ever had"

Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Karfar, are you kidding friend? the republicans are still blaming clinton for everything that's happened since 1943!

and, as you can see, the die-hards posting here have not. and BTW, 12 inches of snow? howdy from new mexico, 33 degrees and sunny, high of 55 degrees today. good luck up there in brewtown.
HAHA, yes I'm just about done w/winter here. But on the plus side, it's a snow day, no work today, yay!! Although, it's only 33 there? That's not too fun either, but enjoy your sunny day, I'm jealous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies