Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:09 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well. rabid rhetoric is not specific to the left, the right has plenty of it too. Unfortunatly these are the views we are flooded with by the media and most of us are hanging somewhere in the middle twistin' in the wind. I am personally not inspired by Obama at all, nor am I inspired by any other politician. They are all vermin in my world. I don't think that Obama has a snowballs chance in hell of making things any better. The Federal Government as a whole is a goathead under our saddle blankets and he wants to make it bigger so I figger this critter is gonna buck some. Deep seat and a faraway look folks, if ya don't hang on it could be a long walk home in a banged up condition.
I'm with ya on most of it....I voted for him,but I don't see Obama as the end to this current mess at all,he was just by far the lesser of two evils imo.I too have never been inspired by a politician or anybody else for that matter except my Dad and other working people who take/took care of their families without a bunch of drama,drink or drugs.

I'm NOT a hero worshipper of any kind at all and think people who worship sports figures,celebrities and politicians are complete morons,but that doesn't mean a person can't impress me.If someone wants to impress me all they have to do is be good to their kids and animals,keep their noise,dogs and problems on their own property,their fences fixed,talk quietly in the local coffee shop without being a loud mouth,don't lie to me in a trade and their pickup truck is in the Church parking lot on Sunday(I'm missing today because of the stinking flu) and I'll be impressed with them.That's not asking for much is it? You'd be surprised how hard that dude is to find now days.

Cockle burs are our problem under a saddle around here instead of goatheads.Same end result tho',you are walking/limping/crawling/being carried home and watching the wrong end of a mule disappearing over the hill with his tail stuck straight out of his butt.

Just for the record...I think this is by far the stupidest thread start that I have ever seen and figured it would have died the first day,BUT there has been some good discussion in it so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 02:56 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

Just for the record...I think this is by far the stupidest thread start that I have ever seen and figured it would have died the first day,BUT there has been some good discussion in it so
You just don't like the fact that the liberal/Democrat/Obamite vote relies on Joe the Plumbers and Nobamas to plow their driveways so that their Toyota Prius's don't get stuck in an inch of snow.

You may call my thread stupid, but I think and misguided, low ID "thread bully" is far more detrimental to intellectual debate than a CD member who started a thought provoking thread that undermines the masculinity of Democrats.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
You just don't like the fact that the liberal/Democrat/Obamite vote relies on Joe the Plumbers and Nobamas to plow their driveways so that their Toyota Prius's don't get stuck in an inch of snow.

You may call my thread stupid, but I think and misguided, low ID "thread bully" is far more detrimental to intellectual debate than a CD member who started a thought provoking thread that undermines the masculinity of Democrats.
Have you even read your own posts? What Dem relies on the repukes to plow their driveways? Are you drunk?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:10 PM

37,201 posts, read 19,200,869 times
I guess jimson weed...

Old 01-18-2009, 04:37 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
I shovel my driveway if I ever need to get my Prius out, thank you very much.

At any rate, if the irony in you griping and moaning about rural people being generalized as useless and illiterate by urban Liberals whom you group together and slander as immasculine weren't so thick, I might be entertained.

But then again, I don't pull over the plowman or email the graphic designer and ask him for his political affiliation. So I wouldn't know anything about this.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I guess jimson weed...
or dried horse dung

Old 01-18-2009, 05:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
I bet most people who plow their own driveways are Republican.
Huh? How do you figure? What does that mean?

I don't plow my driveway. I just mash it down with a few passes of the Dodge Caravan, and that usually does it. Fortunately, my driveway slopes toward the road, and it's about 75 feet or so long. I just put 'er in gear (I park facing the road) and let 'er rip. I make sure no traffic is coming before I enter the highway, 'cause I don't dare stop at the road, or I'll most likely get stuck. Those plows throw everything up right across the front of the driveway. Anyway, once I'm out,I go where I need to go, and when I return home, it might take me 3 or for tries to back in, but I always get in, and then I'm done untill the next snow. Thank God for front wheel drive!

Shoot, maybe that is called plowing my own driveway.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I like to enjoy wine and cheese before dinner, Barnes and Noble, and Starbucks. And I also have really big truck (GMC 2500 Ext. Cab, long bed, 4WD).
And, no doubt, you drink cuba libre's too! I used to really like those.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 PM

Ya know, I live in an area that is highly populated by Democrats (of the mills and auto plants type...Lordstown GM), and most of them drive trucks. They hunt, too. I'm sure there are a lot of liberals on this Forum that would be surprised and amazed.

Oh, and they love thier guns, too.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 01-18-2009 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 01-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ya know, I live in an area that is highly populated by Democrats (of the mills and auto plants type...Lordstown GM), and most of them drive trucks. They hunt, too. I'm sure there are a lot of liberals on this Forum that would be surprised and amazed.

Oh, and they love thier guns, too.
LOL...I vote dem and do all the above plus....I just don't know what the hell a cubre libra is...I thought it was a midget Mexican wrestler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies