Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support War Crime Trials for Bush & Friends?
YES 118 47.97%
NO 124 50.41%
Don't know 4 1.63%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
A man that believes in life liberty and the pursuit of happiness would write what I wrote. No it is not your choice not to be a slave. It is the sacrifice of those that have sacrificed for you -that you are not a slave. Helluva difference.
Where is the tyrany in this great country that you speak of, sir? Did you catch someone listening in on your telephone conversations as if anyone would give adamn about what you have to say as laid out in these forums. May be that you need to rethink your allegiances to the nebulous fluff of John Lennon and instead listen to a little Elvis. Lennon was a great muscian and I love him a lot for that, but he was also a p.ss ant. - commie. This is in fact a perfect example of knowing how to seperate reality from idealism.
You know why you are not a man of peace? Because TWICE you proved yourself otherwise. No peaceful person would write what you wrote.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 PM

273 posts, read 342,758 times
You have to have a great capacity for denial, and great mistrust of commonly accepted sources of information to reject the fact that Bush is "eligible" to be tried as a war criminal.

I think it is along the lines of believing the moon landing was a hoax.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
A man that believes in life liberty and the pursuit of happiness would write what I wrote. No it is not your choice not to be a slave. It is the sacrifice of those that have sacrificed for you -that you are not a slave. Helluva difference.
Where is the tyrany in this great country that you speak of, sir? Did you catch someone listening in on your telephone conversations as if anyone would give adamn about what you have to say as laid out in these forums. May be that you need to rethink your allegiances to the nebulous fluff of John Lennon and instead listen to a little Elvis. Lennon was a great muscian and I love him a lot for that, but he was also a p.ss ant. - commie. This is in fact a perfect example of knowing how to seperate reality from idealism.
Another excellent post.

These people have no idea what tyranny really is. Just talking points that they like to regurgitate and launch personal attacks when asked for examples of the tyranny they rail against.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:04 PM

540 posts, read 629,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You know why you are not a man of peace? Because TWICE you proved yourself otherwise. No peaceful person would write what you wrote.
Really...I suppose no masochist would write what you wrote.hmmm?

Old 12-20-2008, 06:51 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Ask Nixon's cronies who are still around about that one.
Why go back that far? Why not ask some of the folks from the pretty corrupt administration of the only President to be impeached in the 20th century?

Oh wait...aren't many of those folks (including his wife) coming back again for the new "change administration?"

Old 12-20-2008, 09:46 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
The most likely scenario for a torture prosecution is something like what happened to ex-Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet. His own country wouldn't touch him, but an industrious Spanish prosecutor - aided by the work of human rights activists and backed by international opinion - indicted him for torture and war crimes and nearly snared him. If Bush, Cheney or Rumsfeld faced a similar indictment from abroad, Americans would be outraged - but not really. The US government would try to head it off, but wouldn't be able to do much. No one would actually go on trial, but the indictees would see their travel options humiliatingly curtailed and go to their graves knowing the phrase "charged with war crimes" will be next to their names in the history books.

John McQuaid: US lacks consensus to prosecute Bush for war crimes | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
Really...I suppose no masochist would write what you wrote.hmmm?
And for a third time. Your insults are not appreciated nor do they suggest what you claim, that you are a peaceful man.

I notice your posts elsewhere rail against other Americans and how they deserve what they get as well as how wrong they are. You use labels and disparage them. You appear to equate strength with belligerence. Do you not understand the consequences of belligerence and how it incites equal responses? I'm guessing peace is peace when it's on your terms only. All others be damned. That is just scary.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 12-20-2008 at 10:23 AM..

Old 12-20-2008, 10:24 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
What the OP suggests probably will not happen, bush is teflon coated.
Boston.com / News / Nation / Executive privilege seen as leak-case option

Old 12-20-2008, 10:36 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Already tried, remember the impeachment proceedings?

War crimes, and illegal war against a sovereign nation under false pretense, is a far more serious matter than the private affair of consenting adults, and I can see this simple fact is lost on you.

Please try and pay better attention and stay on topic
Oh, I was on topic and perhaps you should pay closer attention. I was not refering to Slick Willy's sexual exploits Bosnia ring any bells? War under false pretense certainly it was! And how about his DOMESTIC "wars". Waco comes to mind. Yet all that folks like you want to do is crucify Bush. Personally I do not like the war in Iraq one bit. Our attention should have been focused elswhere. But Bush hasn't done anything Clinton didn't do in terms of bogus conflicts. Nice try............

Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Already tried, remember the impeachment proceedings?

War crimes, and illegal war against a sovereign nation under false pretense, is a far more serious matter than the private affair of consenting adults, and I can see this simple fact is lost on you.

Please try and pay better attention and stay on topic
How are they war crimes when you have America going into Iraq to depose a violent genocidal dictator like Saddam and root out dangerous terrorists and a few innocent civilians get killed. I feel bad for those who were innocent and died, but come on this is a neccesary war that needs to be fought for Iraqui democracy and the security of most of the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies