Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:11 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You may interpret it that way, but I don't.
I don't even think it's a valid interpretation. No one has to watch people making out if they don't want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 02:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Screw it let's make everyone exactly 100% equal from criminals to babies...well except the unborn of course and allow them all to practice anything they want as long as it's legal. I don't know why parent's are looked down on for this type of practice.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I don't even think it's a valid interpretation. No one has to watch people making out if they don't want to.
How can you avoid seeing it when you are standing next to them at the bus stop or in a line at Disneyland?

Old 12-20-2008, 02:14 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Exactly.

I once was waiting at the bus stop and this heteosexual couple were passionately kissing out in public. I felt that was totally inappropriate. If they could not keep their paws off of each other then they should at least get a room and spare the public.
It is funny that this would come up on here today. My son and I were having a discussion yesterday about how it seems to us that people have lost their sense of dignity anymore. Screaming and yelling in public, pawing each other in public, using foul language toward anyone and everyone, not taking care of their family, demanding the "right" to be just as trashy as they please in public and calling it "being real", not using good manners, etc. etc.

There was a time when almost everyone....from the richest person in town to the poorest person in town.....tried their best to behave with human dignity. Somehow we have lost that. And in losing it we have lost a lot of the glue that kept society functioning.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:16 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
It's the acceptance of odd situation families instead of holding on to traditional family values as the standard. Bonds and links through father, mother and child do contain something more than any other combination can give if for no other factor than that's the path natural selection sent us on. Maybe it's sending us on a different path now but I can't see how evolution fits in without a way to propagate. So is it good practice for humanity which relies on propagation to make traditional nature forced family values less important while at the same time pushing the values of abnormal families forward to a point where both are equal?

Old 12-20-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
It is funny that this would come up on here today. My son and I were having a discussion yesterday about how it seems to us that people have lost their sense of dignity anymore. Screaming and yelling in public, pawing each other in public, using foul language toward anyone and everyone, not taking care of their family, demanding the "right" to be just as trashy as they please in public and calling it "being real", not using good manners, etc. etc.

There was a time when almost everyone....from the richest person in town to the poorest person in town.....tried their best to behave with human dignity. Somehow we have lost that. And in losing it we have lost a lot of the glue that kept society functioning.
Yep. This is one of the things that I least like about our society. I think we can really learn from the older generations. I say this as a 35 year old.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
A quick hug and peck on the lips isn't too distasteful. I'm speaking about the type of displays that are not "rated G"
Well that's all I was basically talking about.

I guess when some people hear "PDA", their minds go to extremes.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Well that's all I was basically talking about.

I guess when some people hear "PDA", their minds go to extremes.
From what I've seen personally, the extremes are becoming the norm nowadays.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Totally. Once again, though, it's an example of how uncomfortable a lot of people are with sexuality, whether it's hetero or homo.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Totally. Once again, though, it's an example of how uncomfortable a lot of people are with sexuality, whether it's hetero or homo.
It's also an example of how those who are "comfortable with their sexuality" forcing others to witnesss how comfortable they are with it. This is what we mean by forcing it upon others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies