Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,436,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Why are sexual offenders (those who abused kids) segregated from the general population in prison?
They aren't, automatically. I would know, I've interviewed some in my research. If they are little weak guys who can't defend themselves, or they have specific enemies, they will be segregated.

Quote:
Answer: Because the general population will usually, if they don't kill them, harm them severely.
Of the eight or so incarcerated sex offenders I was directly or indirectly in touch with, the worst case of assault involved another sex offender who broke the person's leg because they collided in the hallway, causing the attacker's Walkman to break.

Quote:
BTW - where did I say, or imply, that I found such murders "amusing"?
Your smiley, for one. Your apparent willingness to believe they are more common than they really are, for another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Again: If the person is below the legal age of consent, than the law provides that lawful consent cannot be formed.
Everyone knows that. Everyone with any reasoning ability also knows that that's what's called a legal fiction.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,150,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Everyone knows that.
Reading various posts contradicts your viewpoint

Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,150,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
They aren't, automatically. I would know, I've interviewed some in my research. If they are little weak guys who can't defend themselves, or they have specific enemies, they will be segregated.

Of the eight or so incarcerated sex offenders I was directly or indirectly in touch with, the worst case of assault involved another sex offender who broke the person's leg because they collided in the hallway, causing the attacker's Walkman to break.

Your smiley, for one. Your apparent willingness to believe they are more common than they really are, for another.
Then, let me qualify my statement: In our jurisdiction, those convicted of sexual offenses against children ARE segregated -

I would call the hanging of one convicted of a sex offense with a child a little more than "breaking" a leg

Old 12-21-2008, 06:12 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,648,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I said there are hamrless people on the Registry. You put them there. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Quote:
(Originally Posted by jtur88)
You put them there

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did
[quote=Greatday;6656857]No - I have not been involved in placing "harmless" people on the sex offender roles. Those I assisted in were violent criminals.

And, I have never agreed that sex offenders, any sex offenders, are harmless.

Do you often try to misrepresent what others post?

QUOTE]

Old 12-21-2008, 06:17 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,648,499 times
Yes, as a matter of fact, I did
[/quote]

Quote:
No - I have not been involved in placing "harmless" people on the sex offender roles. Those I assisted in were violent criminals.

And, I have never agreed that sex offenders, any sex offenders, are harmless.

Do you often try to misrepresent what others post?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Reading various posts contradicts your viewpoint
I haven't seen any that do.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,438,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Do you think it's wrong that someone who is 18 and has a girlfriend (or boyfriend) that is 17 get's charged with statutory rape because of the partners parents and is labeled as a sex offender for the rest of their lives? I've known innocent kids who were charged simply because their partners parents did not like them or did not approve of their relationship and they were charged and grouped with the rest of the perverts that are sexual offenders. Do you think there should be some leniency in these types of cases or do you think that they should just have the book thrown at them?
These are not sex offenders, they are just teens doing what comes natural. This is completely out of line with the actions.

Geeeez were these people never young, or were they the ones that couldn't get a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies