Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you are using a psychology definition. i am giving a penal code definition.
my penal code definition of pedaphilia is from CA penal code 288
see link
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE SECTION 281-294
btw i am slightly off its 10 years difference not 14.
and the child must be under 14 not 18.
There is no penal code definition of pedophilia. Pedophilia is not a legal term at all. That code defines "lewd and lascivious conduct with a child under 14" and other crimes. Pedophilia is a mental disposition, not an overt act or crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You have to admit though, that a teacher having a sexual relationship with a student (much less an underage student) is wrong if for no other reason then the inequitable status of the two. It could have the potential of sex for grades or the like. Like with rape -- the relationship could very well have less to do with sex or love then with manipulative predation. And regardless of the teachers 'hotness', no teenager asks for that.
Sure, I agree with your coulds--"could have the potential of sex for grades", "could have to do with manipulative predation." But it shouldn't be absolutely presumed the way it is currently. Consent should at least be allowed as a defense. And in any case, I'm all for firing and blacklisting the teachers. But prison? Ridiculous. Save prison cells for real thugs and dangerous offenders.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There is no penal code definition of pedophilia. Pedophilia is not a legal term at all. That code defines "lewd and lascivious conduct with a child under 14" and other crimes. Pedophilia is a mental disposition, not an overt act or crime.
no there is not. but there is a legal instrument for dealing with the behavior called penal code 288. all crime is a mental disposition. assault on children is overt and is criminal in nature.
Penal Code 288 Lewd or Lascivious Acts - San Bernardino Lewd Act with a Minor Defense Lawyers - California Sex Offense Attorneys - Neil Shouse & Associates

Old 12-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no there is not. but there is a legal instrument for dealing with the behavior called penal code 288.
It's important to use words correctly. Pedophilia is not interchangeable with penal code 288, although there's certainly a substantial overlap. Some pedophiles don't violate section 288. Some people who violate section 288 are not pedophiles.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
It's important to use words correctly. Pedophilia is not interchangeable with penal code 288, although there's certainly a substantial overlap. Some pedophiles don't violate section 288. Some people who violate section 288 are not pedophiles.
some pedophiles do violate penal code 288 and get caught others dont for a long time.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:01 PM

7 posts, read 10,605 times
Exclamation It Happened to me!!

I was in 7th grade and my teacher was a runner short shorts long black curly hair. She was sick one day and called our house becuase we were neighbors. to help care for her animals. 2 large inside dogs. I never told anyone even though my mom suspected. Was I a victim? I didn't feel like it. But looking back now. I think maybe there was some other effects. I am completely blown away by a women that resmebles my teacher or just dark super curly hair. and now in my late 30's havent had a lot of luck with women my age. and about 5 yrs ago. I was doing work for a lady that was in her late 70's and she said something about me being in a bodybuilding competition. I said yes i was preparing for it. She made comments about my muscles and stuff. Moderator cut: Not PG-13 Well now i desire it. I go to the store or shopping and feel stupid. cuz im 37 6'3 250 21 inch biceps 54 inch chest 33 inch west and all the 20-28 yr old girls are having a fit. and i am wanting women in ther 70's and 80's SO i guess it did break me and now ill always be broken. the ladies i try to make conversation with in there 70' thing im crazy. but it only thing gets me going. and i wont have any 70-80 yr old women coming to me anytime soon.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 08-24-2009 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: Please keep to PG-13 standards, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies