Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:41 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Chet , i am interested in the co2 , it comes from trees also but i concede that China and India have a potential to put out a lot of it. Al Gore i feel like i see through. Clinton and Blago could sell snow blowers to iran
O oKay, THey ARE OFf....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
One explanation of the effect of increased CO2 is simply MORE energy in the atmosphere. That energy then could lead to storms of greater intensity and more variability in the weather.

Or maybe the atmosphere has enough capacity to do what ever it is gonna do regardless of what man made CO2 sources do.

I don't know.

I do think it is neat that the da mare like roof top gardens, but I would hate to have one if it sprung a leak.

I also think that is pretty close to Blago-like the way Al Gore peddles carbon credits. I can almost hear Al's kindergarten teachery voice saying to his investment partners "we have something here that is f'ing golden. THIS is a valuable thing...."

Who knows...
....in review, more energy in the atmosphere.?......O.K. I see how more gasses go up, heat ..goes up......and what? more or less clouds?..because there are reports of snow and ice in new places. Could this be a Climate Shift.........now that has happened before....a small change in the total tempature on the earth and we are all toast.....

Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Unless I am mistaken, plants and trees both process carbon and release it often in varying amounts between day and night depending on multiple factors (producing flowers, fighting a disease, dropping leaves, growth process, etc...). In most cases, they absorb more carbon than they expel, though at full growth, such as mature tree, the difference is often minimal between the two processes.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Unless I am mistaken, plants and trees both process carbon and release it often in varying amounts between day and night depending on multiple factors (producing flowers, fighting a disease, dropping leaves, growth process, etc...). In most cases, they absorb more carbon than they expel, though at full growth, such as mature tree, the difference is often minimal between the two processes.
thanks for the post

Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
bluescity she's right and she might be doubly right. Menopause could be the death of you. Plus there's global warming.
I thank you for that ackknowledgment of menopause, which even sounds like a fatal disase among men. I have shoveled alot of snow THIS WINTER and it is only JAN, and after reading about passive agressive behavior, and BEN FRANKLIN.....i now wonder if we are maybe under a 40 year cycle that has reduced emmissions and caused and allowed global cooling. I even wonder if the current eccomomic slow down is a natural action to save the planet?

Old 01-11-2009, 02:48 PM

898 posts, read 1,401,982 times
got about 6 inches of global warming dumped on me today.

You know, I'm really starting to get tired of shoveling all this global warming.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:08 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Is she right?
I don't think ANYONE knows what is happening with long-term climate trends...

There are some very credible scientists in fact who are far more worried about a mini or actual ice-age being in our near future - due to long-term cycles in the Sun, and other long-term cycles of earth...

Our earth has been stuck in ice-ages far far more than interglacial warmings over the past several million years... The current 12,000 year interglacial warming is at the 12,000 year mark now..

Maybe we should stock up on snow shovels and electric blankets.

The Bulletin - Could current trends mean mini ice age? (http://www.esubulletin.com/articles/opinion/2008/09/11/could-current-trends-mini-ice-age - broken link)

Lack of Sunspots And The Mini-IceAge

Earth on the Brink of an Ice Age - Pravda.Ru

Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I don't think ANYONE knows what is happening with long-term climate trends...

This dude's wife does. She's the only one though.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
If cows and humans stopped passing gas that would end "global warming" forever.

(That "hot air" can be expelled from either end of the food chain... if you catch my drift)

Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM

540 posts, read 629,877 times
There is a study out today from England that proposes that we are about to go into a new Ice Age that will dislocate people from about half of North America. I guess its gonna be cold as hell in Florida.
Everybody put a pot of beans on the stove, -my god hurry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies