Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:48 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,286 times

Advertisements

So....liberals invented homosexuals. And the Internet, but not the "Real Internet".

God that is funny stuff. Keep it coming.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:50 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
So....liberals invented homosexuals. And the Internet, but not the "Real Internet".

God that is funny stuff. Keep it coming.

PLEASE! Show some mercy!

If I laugh any harder I may crack a rib

Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Liberals have a tendency to invent stupid things. Like the internet (not the real internet, just El Goro's version), homosexuality, gray areas in matters where there ARE moral absolutes, political correctness, etc.

But probably the dumbest invention ever created by a liberal was the notion that they somehow have this mythical "open-mind" that causes them to be better human beings than the rest of us "narrow-minded" (simpletons). But your open mind is my laughter, for what goes in your open mind makes you a fool.

"Merely having an open mind is nothing; the object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid."
liberals invented homosexuality? El goros version of the net? Are you entirely brain dead at this point? You don't even try to make an intelligent post anymore. You basically excrete your mental feces into your hand and throw it at the screen.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I thought we settled the gay animal issue last week. Animals do all sorts of disgusting things that most humans chose to not do. Gay sex being among them doesn't really move me. The same animals that will engage in gay sex will also have sex with siblings, parents and offspring. It gets a lot grosser too. I personally don't look to the animal kingdom for moral inspiration.

"pithy"?

Not really, you fail. There has been plenty of observations about animal homosexual couples. Remember not all animals are the lifelong breeding type, however when homosexual animals are the ones that typically breed for life, they typically stay together. K thanks.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:14 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
liberals invented homosexuality? El goros version of the net? Are you entirely brain dead at this point? You don't even try to make an intelligent post anymore. You basically excrete your mental feces into your hand and throw it at the screen.
You really have a way with words ...

Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,712,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Liberals preach love, tolerance, diversity of opinion, but it's all a lie. They are some of the most intolerant people I have ever met. They cannot stand that others have an opposing ideology.
I've experienced intolerence from both the right and left. My wife and I used to have a group (mostly family) for holidays....and her one brother (right) and her mother's neighbor (left) were two of this most intolerent people of other views I've ever met. I finally told them both privately that they needed to knock it off....they would actually get angry with each other and cause others to feel uncomfortable with the situation.

Don't let anybody every tell you that the left is more open minded or tolerent than the right....it just ain't so. Both sides are about equally closed minded with their pet issues.

It's just that being closed minded seems to get pointed out when people on the right exhibit it more for some reason.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's actually the pain of rolling on the floor, convulsed by hysterical laughter over inane, unfounded, delusional remarks that contend a political group has the "tendency to invent things like......................homosexuality" that liberals or any other rationally thinking group can't stand.
I truly hope that you just didn't contend that any rational individual must hate homosexuality.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:28 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,593 times
having an open mind is the process of formulating an opinion.. whether you like to acknowledge it or not.. we're all open minded to a degree... keeping an open mind is a matter of still intaking knowledge and information in defining your opinion... sure.. there is such thing as over-thinking things... which is why many people on the far left don't manage to get anything done.. because they're too busy over-thinking it... but if you're getting lots done by oversimplifying everything.. without thinking and keeping an open mind to some degree.. you are exactly that.. a simpleton.. and in some cases a moron... george bush got lots done.. but did he do it the right way? did he manage to do it the most tactful way? without hurting as many people?? probably not. Whether you want to admit it or not... there is middle ground on this open mind debate.. liberal vs conservative....

Old 12-27-2008, 01:30 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Quote:
Originally posted by msconnie73
Neither do I. I am a free-thinking conservative with republican leanings and do not listen to Limbaugh, hannity or coulter nor do I use only one media source for all of my news. I analyze issues from both the liberal and conservative angles and have found conservative ideas make much more logical sense and less reliant on emotional rantings.
Good for you connie. Funny how I can generally tell free thinking conservatives from talk radio conservatives. It's good that you think about your beliefs instead of just going with what you're told. If only there were more non-ditto head conservatives on this forum.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:10 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
The thread was started because I am tired of reading posts by liberals here about how ignorant we conservatives are due to our inability to "open our minds". And then they claim, because they have this so-called open mind, they are much more tolerant and intelligent than everyone else.

Such an idea and concept was invented. Like a mouth, you can only put so much in an "open-mind", and I would be weary of what goes in it. Just because something goes in it, doesn't make it intelligent or right.

Ok, well now I can well understand the position you laid out there. Just next time, make your thread title a little more clear as to the content within the thread. I don't mean to seem like I'm being nit picky, but I hope you can understand how it might look from my position. In any event, were groovy, so lets look at this.

Bit bummed by liberals suggesting that you or conservatives in general are incurious, I can understand this, I get tired of it myself from time to time. Especially the whole "tolerance" issue which really means be tolerant with whatever liberals believe that day. Of course it bogus, because neither liberals or conservatives are very tolerant today which leads me to believe that tolerance is something played lip service to more than actually aspired to. After all, shouldn't liberals be "tolerant" of religious folks and shouldn't those following faith's which have tolerance as one of their primary tenets be shown to those who don't believe?

In America today, tolerance being held by one political group or the other is as much a myth as "liberal media" and little more than one more issue for absolutist to bicker over and display their intolerance. In fact your thread here is one example of that and people can't expect to combat intolerance with more intolerance in hopes of finding tolerant people as they are usually off to the side getting a chuckle while they shake their head.

In fact, I find it extremely humorous in a sad sort of way that we live in such a hypocritical society. Be it liberals displaying their intolerance to religious people for their being intolerant, or religious people being intolerant of liberals for their progressive views when their own religious tenets suggest they need be tolerant. It can even be our foreign policy as a nation, where we now rationalize torture because the other guy has used it. In above examples it does show one thing, that people desire to be intolerant as to be accepting of those views and ideas unlike those we hold requires effort and understanding, something we lack in abundance.

The only way to combat this is to offer a hand when a fist is given, I know of no other way.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-27-2008 at 02:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.