Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 01:53 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times

Advertisements

We as united states citizens have more rights then we think.The police & local courts DONT want us to know that.Read for yourself. http://www.apfn.org/apfn/travel.htm

Last edited by Bo; 12-27-2008 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Moved from General US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 06:05 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times
Here we go again with this stupid argument. It has been done a few times already here.

http://ui31.gamespot.com/1214/deadhorsebeat_2.gif (broken link)

Old 12-27-2008, 08:03 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Here we go again with this stupid argument. It has been done a few times already here.
Its not a stupid argument and 3rd time is the charm.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:06 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,838,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Its not a stupid argument and 3rd time is the charm.
Good luck with that, I doubt people have changed their minds.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:27 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times
In the higher level law courses I took in college, all of our professors (some were former judges who are very conservative) engraved the "right to travel" into our brains. It was even in the textbooks we used. I don't really agree with it, but there were many cases where the Supreme Court ruled that U.S. citizens do have a right to drive.

I'm not really up for debate on it since I personally think driving should be a privilege...I don't want some kook on the road. Cars are weapons.

Anyway this should probably be in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Can we assume the OP has had their license revoked (again)

Old 12-27-2008, 07:08 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
In the higher level law courses I took in college, all of our professors (some were former judges who are very conservative) engraved the "right to travel" into our brains. It was even in the textbooks we used. I don't really agree with it, but there were many cases where the Supreme Court ruled that U.S. citizens do have a right to drive.

I'm not really up for debate on it since I personally think driving should be a privilege...I don't want some kook on the road. Cars are weapons.

Anyway this should probably be in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.
I agree ... driving is a priviledge that should be revoked when you violate the rules of the road.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:14 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,391 times
you have the right to travel, get a lic. and you get that right.
So now a 12 YO can drive without a lic.???
Please...

Old 12-27-2008, 07:16 PM

709 posts, read 1,497,773 times
There's no such thing as a "right to travel" (or "a right to free pizza and a back-rub", or any other positive rights), but I do agree that the government monopoly of road ownership and driving regulation is a problem.

In a purely free economy, private roads would compete with each-other in terms of consumer satisfaction, which can be subjective: some people want more safety, some people want more speed, some less rules, etc. Of course there's a limit to how many private roads can be constructed between point A and point B, but it would be an improvement nonetheless. It would be natural for different local establishments (ex neighborhood associations that own nearby roads) to practice a particular philosophy in how they run their roads. Etc.

Although public roads are a problem that mostly started in the 20th century, and would have ended in that century as well if it wasn't for government intervention. Energy is cheap on this planet, and flight is far more convenient than just rolling along the earth's surface!

Old 12-27-2008, 08:02 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
We as united states citizens have more rights then we think.The police & local courts DONT want us to know that.Read for yourself. DRIVERS LICENSE VS RIGHT TO TRAVEL
First of all there is no "right to travel" (where is that in the Constitution? Right after the "right to privacy"??). I guess some judges just think they can make up the law and the Constitution.
Second of all, if one even accepted that argument, the "right to travel" does not equate to a "right to drive". There are many methods of travel that do not require the operation of a motor vehicle by the traveller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies