Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 05:01 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You shouldn't think you're safe anywhere on the planet from an Iran with nuclear capabilities. For instance, it's not exactly a secret as to how they feel about the United States. I assume the prospect of an all-out nuclear war doesn't bother you very much.
Of course it bothers me. It bothers me because our own country's actions have invited the completely rational hatred of an emerging nuclear power. I'm not going to place the blame anywhere than where it belongs: on our pro-Israel fanatic politicians.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Does anyone think Iran would exercise the same restraint if they had nuclear bombs at their disposal? No. In fact, that is their stated mission, to nuke Israel off the map.
That's a lie, and mere repetition won't make it the truth.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
So it's going to be a happy day when Iran is STUPID enough to try to use a nuclear bomb, and is subsequently wiped off the face of the earth in retaliation?
You must realize, after he is done celebrating, he will vehemently oppose any kind of retaliation for destroying Israel. I ask again, why do you bother with a poster who is so far over the edge? Ignore is your friend - so when you quote it's posts, I have to read it as well. Stop the madness! Use the button!

I can't wait for the day when Israel is unfettered in it's response. Or the day, hopefully soon, when Iran loses it's nuclear bomb ambitions.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:05 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,211,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That's a lie, and mere repetition won't make it the truth.
That little pin-head president of Iran has openly and repeatedly called for the annihilation of Israel. Your denial of that fact won't change it.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:16 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,169,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Who cares? People on the CORRECT SIDE OF CIVILIZATION - that's who!

And your view of Israel is complete and total BS. They have a right to exist as a sovereign nation. Get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Ageed, hopefully Obama sends a message to these folks that the US position on the middle east will continue to not repudiate Israel for retaliation.

Let me ask you both a question. What gives Israel or any nation the right to exist? Because some men decided to transfer some land from one group of people to another, if so, who granted these men the power to grant rights? Do they have a "right" to it because they merely say so?

If Jews have a "right" because they have lived in the region for two thousand years, then wouldn't other people such as Palestinians also by that same measure have a "right" to live there or have their own nation?

I realize that in human history, that a "right" to own or occupy a given piece of land is based little more than on strength, but also at other times it is done along cultural lines. By who's laws does all of human kind follow as to which group, which religion, which ethnicity is granted a right to have their own nation, even at the expense of another group?

I find rather repugnant that this idea anyone has a "right" to be granted their own nation on the basis of their religion or past atrocities while denying another group their right, unless of course we support racism and terrorism as this is the known result of just such actions when you choose one group of people over another.

Will Christians or Muslims ever be granted a nation and a "right" to exist as a Christian or Muslim only state? Lets not forget the Buddhist, the Daoist, Hindu's, those practicing Shinto, The American Indians or what about people who worship magic frogs in hollow trees, do they have a "right" to exist as their own nation?

It is quite evident that Israel does in fact now exist and will likely continue to do so. While I believe Israel has a "right" to its own self determination and welcome our alliance with Israel as just one of many allied states, I disagree with the premise that it simply has the "right" to exist. The best way to determine its "right" to exist let Israel stand on her own feet alone, if she survives then she has earned that right but not because any men said so.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
As I've been saying for almost 20 years, if Israel gets nuked someday it will have brought every ounce of its misery on itself.

more than likely it will be Israel doing the nuking, not the other way around.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,211,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Let me ask you both a question. What gives Israel or any nation the right to exist? Because some men decided to transfer some land from one group of people to another, if so, who granted these men the power to grant rights? Do they have a "right" to it because they merely say so?

If Jews have a "right" because they have lived in the region for two thousand years, then wouldn't other people such as Palestinians also by that same measure have a "right" to live there or have their own nation?

I realize that in human history, that a "right" to own or occupy a given piece of land is based little more than on strength, but also at other times it is done along cultural lines. By who's laws does all of human kind follow as to which group, which religion, which ethnicity is granted a right to have their own nation, even at the expense of another group?

I find rather repugnant that this idea anyone has a "right" to be granted their own nation on the basis of their religion or past atrocities while denying another group their right, unless of course we support racism and terrorism as this is the known result of just such actions when you choose one group of people over another.

Will Christians or Muslims ever be granted a nation and a "right" to exist as a Christian or Muslim only state? Lets not forget the Buddhist, the Daoist, Hindu's, those practicing Shinto, The American Indians or what about people who worship magic frogs in hollow trees, do they have a "right" to exist as their own nation?

It is quite evident that Israel does in fact now exist and will likely continue to do so. While I believe Israel has a "right" to its own self determination and welcome our alliance with Israel as just one of many allied states, I disagree with the premise that it simply has the "right" to exist. The best way to determine its "right" to exist let Israel stand on her own feet alone, if she survives then she has earned that right but not because any men said so.
Israel has the right to exist as a sovereign nation - just like every other nation.

And despite your excessive rhetoric, somebody can claim wrong-doing in the initial establishment of every single nation.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
That little pin-head president of Iran has openly and repeatedly called for the annihilation of Israel. Your denial of that fact won't change it.
Ahmadinejad called for the end of Israel as a nation, not a genocide of its inhabitants. But hey, you guys have never minded lying before when it serves your purposes, so why stop now?

Old 12-27-2008, 05:27 PM

795 posts, read 2,295,428 times
Talking kill! kill all non-Muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I totally agree. I like most people want to see a true peace in that region but I trully do not believe that the Palestinians will settle for just Gaza and the West Bank.
They want the whole "Enchilada", or should I say "Pastrami" if you ask me!
http://www.michaelsavage.com/savage-geert-wilders.html (broken link)

Madam Speaker, allow me, first, to express my sincere thanks to you personally for having planned a debate on Islam on the very day of my birthday. I could not have wished for a nicer present! Madam Speaker, approximately 1400 years ago war was declared on us by an ideology of hate and violence which arose at the time and was proclaimed by a
barbarian who called himself the Prophet Mohammed. I am referring to Islam.

Madam Speaker, let me start with the foundation of the Islamic faith, the Koran. The Koran's core theme is about the duty of all Muslims to fight non-Muslims; an Islamic Mein Kampf, in which fight means war, jihad. The Koran is above all a book of war "“ a call to butcher non-Muslims (2:191,

Old 12-27-2008, 05:32 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Pal, I've been studying the Israel-Arab conflict since I was 12. I could beat you like a drum in any debate on the subject any day of the week.
Have you been to Israel yet? And for that matter, has anyone on this board who's condemning Israel been there? I spent the entire summer of 1992 there, which if you recall was shortly after Gulf War pt. I. We not only spent time in mainland Israel, but also visited the Gaza Strip (before it was walled off), which is how I feel sympathy for BOTH sides. The conditions are deplorable in Gaza, and I truly wish they could be integrated with the rest of Israel... but it seems neither side is willing to compromise. I am far from an expert on the conflict, so I won't even bother trying to debate the politics - but having visited the country and the people, I can say that nobody is happy with the situation. And in terms of the government/powers-that-be, neither the Israelis nor the Palestinians are innocent, so I'm not buying your "Israel is the terrorist" argument. But if you had to live in constant fear of being attacked, wouldn't you be quick to fight back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.