Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 07:19 PM

564 posts, read 1,726,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
At the behest of the neo-Nazi UN.

Cite the bias.

The whole area was partitioned by the UN in 1947; China calls the rest of Asia "Greater China"; yes, bad people teach their children to hate and murder others whom they describe as pigs and dogs....

YouTube - Muslim Palestinians teach children to hate in cartoons 1
It's wikipedia. Therefore automatically not a source and definitely filled with bias.

I'll fight video with videos:

YouTube - Teaching Israeli Children to Hate Palestinians

YouTube - Palestinian Children Beaten by Israeli Soldier

Quote:
May Israel finally wipe this wretched trash from the Earth
May Israel either agree to Palestinian terms or be destroyed and see all Israelis not willing to live in Palestine under a Palestinian government go back to their homes in Russia and Ethiopia.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I only wish Arafat has been enough of a leader -- and a man -- to take the deal brokered by Clinton at Camp David. All of this tragic loss of life could have been averted.

Remember the proverb: "The Palestinians have never miseed an opportunity to miss an opportunity"...

So sad.
Yassir Arafat was a terrorist responsible for the murder of thousands of Lebanese during Lebanon's Civil War, and a betrater of his own people when he opted to sell the Palestinians out for Israel and luxury.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Bull, and I suspect you know it. The UN didn't "mandate" it, they proposed it. The partition was rejected by the Arabs, it was never acted on by the Security Council, and thus it never went into legal effect. Britain did not transfer power to Israel. They left on 5/14/48 and Israel unilaterally declared independence. Israel was not even admitted to the UN until 1949.
How absurd. Your contention, then, is that the Jews should simply pack up and leave their country created by UN mandate, thus rewarding the Arabs for keeping up a non-stop war of terror that began with the arrival of the survivors of the Holocaust and continued through the foundation of a modern democratic state, with numerous Nobel Prize winners and an economic susccess story alone in the rego for being based on something other than the development of petroleum resources identified and tapped by the US and Britain?

Keep up this argument. It's darkly amusing.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:24 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Yassir Arafat was a terrorist responsible for the murder of thousands of Lebanese during Lebanon's Civil War, and a betrater of his own people when he opted to sell his people out for Israel and luxury.
Yeah, the Lebanese folks I've met didn't have a high opinion of him, to put it mildly.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:25 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:

May Israel either agree to Palestinian terms or be destroyed and see all Israelis not willing to live in Palestine under a Palestinian government go back to their homes in Russia and Ethiopia.

LOL. Okay, pal. Now I see where you're coming from....

YouTube - Battery Powered Schneider Coo Coo Clock

Old 12-27-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeledaf View Post
lol. Okay, pal. Now i see where you're coming from....

youtube - battery powered schneider coo coo clock
lol! Funny!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
How absurd. Your contention, then, is that the Jews should simply pack up and leave their country created by UN mandate, thus rewarding the Arabs for keeping up a non-stop war of terror that began with the arrival of the survivors of the Holocaust and continued through the foundation of a modern democratic state, with numerous Nobel Prize winners and an economic susccess story alone in the rego for being based on something other than the development of petroleum resources identified and tapped by the US and Britain?
You evidently didn't read or comprehend the post you are attempting to answer. I pointed out precisely that Israel was NOT created by a UN Mandate. It took a year after the British Mandate expired for Israel to gain a seat at the UN, and then only on certain conditions, which Israel instantly abrogated.

As for the rest of your reasoning: (1) The Holocaust did not entitle them to any of someone else's land. Except Germany's, perhaps. (2) That they are a democracy does not prove they are right. (3) Re. the Nobel Prize and the rest of it, I don't care if the Jews **** champagne and **** marble, it does not give them any more a right to colonize Palestine than it gives them to colonize Nebraska.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,212 times
I often find myself turning to Isreal's fantastic newspaper Haaretz for coverage of events in Israel.
The sensible chairman of the Baled party has condemned Berak's strikes accusing him of 'trying to win votes in exchange for palestinian blood.
An excerpt from Haaretz:

Hadash chairman Mohammed Barakeh called on the government "to immediately halt the crime in the Gaza Strip."

"Escalation will not bring quiet and calm," Barakeh said. "It is inconceivable for the Palestinian people in Gaza to live between starvation and bombardment. The government and the defense minister are trying to gain political capital in an election period on account of the bloodletting of the Palestinian people."

MK Jamal Zahalka, who is the chairman of the Balad faction, called for Defense Minister Ehud Barak to be tried for "war crimes" in Gaza.

"Barak is trying to win votes in exchange for Palestinian blood," he said.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM

94 posts, read 126,585 times
Quote:
...thus rewarding the Arabs for keeping up a non-stop war of terror that began with the arrival of the survivors of the Holocaust and continued through the foundation of a modern democratic state,..
Ah yes, the Holocaust. That certainly gives Israel carte blanche to commit a holocaust against the Palestinians in the illegally-occupied (by international law, the U.N, and the Geneva convention) territories.

How much longer will Israel use the Holocaust(tm) card to commit their own atrocities against others? It's not a blank check to do whatever they want.

Arab "non-stop war of terror"? Lol. If a group of people suddenly settled in Europe and then declared independence (even when half the people living in the territory they declared independence did not want to live under this new psuedo-state), the surrounding countries would most likely attack.

Yeledaf has already been shown to be willfully uninformed as djacques has made him look like an idiot. Something tells me playing the Holocaust(tm) card won't work on him, Yeledafs.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,398 times
Zionist... good one Mrs. bin Laden... your kind has been trying to eliminate Israel forever...I am sure Jews will be around much longer than moslums.

Quote:
People that hate peace? The Palestinians, of all political affiliations, have lowered down several peace offers they've given to get Israeli acceptance. Rather than liberate all of Palestine, Hamas now states that it wants Israel to withdraw to its pre-1967 boarders.
Meanwhile, Hezbollah and some of its Shi'ite Muslim supporters in Lebanon are now warning Israel that if it starts another war with the organization or refuses to withdraw from Lebanese territory, Israel will taste a defeat worse than the one it faced in 2006. Hezbollah, a Lebanese organization, is more hellbent on destroying Israel than the Palestinians seem, and that's because the Palestinians want peace. They want real peace that's fair towards them and they won't settle for less. If I were a Palestinian, I'd refuse any offer other than the destruction of Israel and the rebirth of Palestine. You Zionists are lucky Palestinians are willing to negotiate for less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies