Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 03:26 PM

5,802 posts, read 11,837,900 times

Advertisements

Self-defence.
I think the Israelis shouldn't have left Gaza in the first place.
They should destroy Hamas.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:26 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,441,805 times
No, my eyes are wide ****in' open. I want the state of Israel to go the way of the other colonial powers, come what may.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:27 PM

564 posts, read 1,724,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right. Hezbollah is just this harmless social welfare organization with no terrorist tendencies, at all.

This is the excuse used by many apologists.
Hezbollah wants Lebanon to be free of foreign occupation, which is why it's won support by some Lebanese Christians, historically friendly to Israel, and non-Shi'ite Muslim Lebanese over the last couple of years, despite the fact that Hezbollah is a Shi'ite Muslim organization.
Hezbollah wants Israel to get out of Lebanon, take back the Palestinian refugees, and stop violating Lebanese airspace before giving them a peace agreement. What's so wrong with that?

Hezbollah is different from terrorist groups like Al Qaeda, who live to see pain of others who refuse to follow their path.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:27 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,208,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
No, my eyes are wide ****in' open. I want the state of Israel to go the way of the other colonial powers, come what may.
Yep, exactly.

Blindly calling for genocide.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,833,080 times
Quote:
They should destroy Hamas.
Hopefully, that objective is under way. But we all know Israel will not go all the way.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:30 PM

564 posts, read 1,724,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right. Hezbollah is just this harmless social welfare organization with no terrorist tendencies, at all.

This is the excuse used by many apologists.

It is a fact that they use children as human shields. It is a fact that they recruit children into their militant wing.

FrontPage Magazine
Those are not facts. Take it from me, a Lebanese who supports the Saniora American-backed government, and opposes Hezbollah politically, those are nothing more than myths made up by the Jewish-controlled, Western media.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,833,080 times
Quote:
Hezbollah wants Lebanon to be free of foreign occupation
Lebanon wants to be free of hezbollah which is a syrian/iranian faction. They use lebanon as a base of operations to attack Israel.

Don't care for that picture, do you? It just displays the level of your brainwashing. Your hero worship of these groups is amazing.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/.../03lebanon.php

Quote:
At first glance, the exhibit could almost be taken for an outdoor children's museum. The green entrance awning is a huge replica of Mugniyah's signature cap, and visitors then cross a "victory bridge" made partly from artillery shells. But it soon takes on a more grisly cast.

A fake skeleton stands upright in a torn uniform and helmet beneath the legend, "The invincible Israeli soldier." There are captured Israeli tanks jutting up from the ground at odd angles, their hatches burned and broken. As visitors crowd from one display to another, a soundtrack blares overhead, mixing the sounds of bombs and machine-gun fire with mournful operatic voices and warlike speeches.
Indoctrination, teaching hate, violence - that is the way of these groups. How else can they continue their war unless they brainwash their children - someone has to carry on the tradition.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:32 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,156,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Hezbollah has, in their charter, their intention to annihilate Israel. They are genocidal terrorists.

Hamas has, as their stated goal, their intention to annihilate Israel. They are genocidal terrorists.

You can call them whatever patsy nice-sounding name you want. But what they ARE is obvious.
Yes, this is true and what one might expect from people we deem as terrorist or savage. However, what about when those we support have a proclivity to the same type of behavior, will you recognize this?

Israel's national charter is for a "Jewish only state", which would suggest that it is free from non Jewish people. What do you call that, genocide?

Israel's deputy defence minister Matan Vilnai has publicly admitted to committing a holocaust of Palestinian people. Do you agree that Israel has a right to engage in a holocaust of other human beings?

Quote:
"The more Qassam fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, they will bring upon themselves a bigger 'shoah' because we will use all our might to defend ourselves."
Israel warns Gaza of "shoah" - International Herald Tribune
Note the word, "shoah" is Hebrew for holocaust and that the defense minister is saying that a "bigger" holocaust will occur than the one currently taking place.

While no one denies Israel the right to defend herself, committing a holocaust isn't exactly a defense accepted today.

Now I have in my own charter a statement saying that I will marry Sandra Bullock some day. What do you think the chances of this happening are? Slim to none maybe?

Now if you look at this picture, I want you to tell me, who is wiping who off of what map here. So all this rhetoric over who's charter says what means about as much zilch as my own charter. Fact of the matter is what is happening.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_0Fb6DSzBQUI/.../palestine.jpg

Old 12-28-2008, 03:36 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,730,127 times
According to USA Today, Israel nearly begged Palestinians to reject Hamas and stop the rocket fire into Israel. Over the course of two days, Palestine lobbed over 100 rockets and mortar shells into Israel. Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, in an interview on Al Arabiya, an Arab broadcast, Olmert appealed to the Palestinians to stop the shelling saying, "We are stronger. There will be more blood there. Who wants it? We don't want it."

What was Israel supposed to do? Continue to turn the other cheek? It certainly wouldn't be expected of any other country.

What people fail to take into consideration is that this conflict goes back thousands of years and as long as there are people like Hamas who will attempt to use those citizens who back them as human shields, and refuse to even consider peaceful resolution, it will never end.

Blaming Israel, a country which, when it all comes down to brass tacks, simply wants the right to exist, is beyond ridiculous.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:39 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,208,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Yes, this is true and what one might expect from people we deem as terrorist or savage. However, what about when those we support have a proclivity to the same type of behavior, will you recognize this?

Israel's national charter is for a "Jewish only state", which would suggest that it is free from non Jewish people. What do you call that, genocide?

Israel's deputy defence minister Matan Vilnai has publicly admitted to committing a holocaust of Palestinian people. Do you agree that Israel has a right to engage in a holocaust of other human beings?

Israel warns Gaza of "shoah" - International Herald Tribune
Note the word, "shoah" is Hebrew for holocaust and that the defense minister is saying that a "bigger" holocaust will occur than the one currently taking place.

While no one denies Israel the right to defend herself, committing a holocaust isn't exactly a defense accepted today.

Now I have in my own charter a statement saying that I will marry Sandra Bullock some day. What do you think the chances of this happening are? Slim to none maybe?

Now if you look at this picture, I want you to tell me, who is wiping who off of what map here. So all this rhetoric over who's charter says what means about as much zilch as my own charter. Fact of the matter is what is happening.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_0Fb6DSzBQUI/.../palestine.jpg
Of COURSE Israel should not be engaging in genocide. That would mean they're no better than Hamas and Hezbollah.

But you've kept up with this retaliatory strike, right? Israel targeted MILITARY installations, not civilian. Hamas perpetually targets CIVILIAN neighborhoods. THAT is terrorism.

How anybody would ever place Israel, Hezbollah and Hamas on the same plane is beyond me.

Now... the bottom line is that the ONLY way there can ever be peace in the Middle East is if EVERYBODY decides to drop it. Period. Israel has a gazillion beefs, and excuses for retaliation - as do the Palestinians. So either they all need to drop it, or we need to just let them kill each other and be done with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies