Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 AM

564 posts, read 1,727,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
One and the same.

Your list of atrocities by Israel is missing something; All those rocket attacks for years and all those homocide bombers who for years targeted Israeli CIVILIANS. Those don't count? Aren't worth mentioning in your long list of greivances?
They're tragic, but nowhere near as tragic as Palestinian civilian deaths.

Since 2000, 123 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians. Meanwhile, 1,050 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis. 1,062 Israeli civilians have been killed, whereas 4,876 Palestinian civilians have been killed. 1 Israeli prisoner is being held by the Palestinians, whereas 10,756 Palestinian prisoners are being held by Israel. 18,147 Palestinian homes have been demolished since 1967, whereas 0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians since that time.

Some more info:
If Americans Knew - what every American needs to know about Israel/Palestine

The "Israeli greivances" are overshadowed by the Palestinian greivances and rightfully so.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:13 AM

564 posts, read 1,727,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
In June 2005, 8,000 Jewish residents of Gaza left their homes and properties and evacuated all of Gaza. Within 24 hours, Hamas forces moved into the vacated settlements firing rockets into civilian areas of Israel.

Hamas Children's Magazine Al-Fateh Encourages Terrorism, Glorifies Martyrdom

11-year-old in Gaza: "I am learning how to fight the Jews and kill Jewish children"

Nobody's hands are clean in this situation.
But how do you deal with someone who indoctrinates their children to fight their battles?
I suppose many Palestinian youth, because of their living situation, cannot even see tomorrow, and have no problem becoming martyrs.
I so wish that we could stop this horrific cycle of violence.
It's tragic to see a few Palestinian children get so excited to become martyred. It goes back to honor. These Palestinians would rather die on their feet then live on their knees, and I can respect that.

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Israel was admitted to the UN on the condition that they repatriate all Arab refugees from the 1948-49 war. That is to say, the very people they intentionally drove out. Israel took its seat in the UN, and immediately reneged on their promise.

Israel? Yes, because Israel is on their land. All the Jewish people? No, and
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
no Palestinian leader has ever said any such thing.
as far as we know, hamaas is in control of palestinians, and wishes death to all jews. their mission is not peace, as you can plainly see in recent developments.

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
Now you're putting words in my mouth. please stop feeding me the BS, I never said to kill arabs. I think the answer to Irael's problem is total victory. and, it wasn't jews who attacked us on 9/11, it was arabs, you know, the people who are supposed to be our allies? and, as long as I've been alive, and can remember, jewish people have always, always been our friends and allies, and they always will be. they have never attacked us. arabs our friends? some are, some are not.
You must have forgotten the U.S.S. Liberty

Other sources claim that the attack was premeditated. They note that various aircraft, apparently Israeli, flew over Liberty at regular intervals—some at low altitudes—before the attack; and that Liberty was about twice as large as El Quseir, designated with Latin rather than Arabic letters, displaying the US flag, and differently configured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
Israel needs to annihilate these ****ers.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:14 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
The greatest purveyor of violence in the world is the US. Israel is the US attack dog in the middle east. The US created them, armed them and trained them. The US finances their military. Israel is actually our attack dog on a leash, they cannot do ANYTHING without US approval.

Americans need to understand that the reason why the middle east is in the condition that it is in, is precisely because the US desires it to be that way. Many Arabs and Muslims know this, which is the reason why there is so much anger directed at the US.

Israel is nothing more than a terrorist rogue state created and supported by the US. This fact should be an embarrassment to any self respecting American patriot. We must demand that the US government put that parasitic Sparta out to pasture.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:15 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
as far as we know, hamaas is in control of palestinians, and wishes death to all jews. their mission is not peace, as you can plainly see in recent developments.
Hamas won the last elections in the Gaza Strip. They do not have a platform of "Death to all Jews." No Arab or Islamic party does.

"Our message to the Israelis is this: We do not fight you because you belong to a certain faith or culture. Jews have lived in the Muslim world for 13 centuries in peace and harmony; they are in our religion "the people of the book" who have a covenant from God and his messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him), to be respected and protected."
"Our conflict with you is not religious but political. We have no problem with Jews who have not attacked us — our problem is with those who came to our land, imposed themselves on us by force, destroyed our society and banished our people." --Khaled Meshaal, Hamas political bureau

Old 12-27-2008, 10:15 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
One and the same.

Your list of atrocities by Israel is missing something; All those rocket attacks for years and all those homocide bombers who for years targeted Israeli CIVILIANS. Those don't count? Aren't worth mentioning in your long list of greivances?
No no no, you are wrong. How can anyone say that Hamas and Palestinian people are one of the same?? Are all Americans the same? Do we all have the same feelings and beliefs? That's absurd thinking. And if one of your children were killed during an airstrike on the way home from school, how do would it feel? Would you be like? These are people for crying out loud. Have a heart! Try to be sympathetic... renounce all type of terrorism, including Israel's state sanctioned terrorism.

This is a sad day for all people, not just Palestinians.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Israel needs to annihilate these ****ers.
The US needs to annihilate Israel, a war mongering, bloodthirsty apartheid state.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,937 times
Quote:
Now you're putting words in my mouth. please stop feeding me the BS, I never said to kill arabs. I think the answer to Irael's problem is total victory. and, it wasn't jews who attacked us on 9/11, it was arabs, you know, the people who are supposed to be our allies? and, as long as I've been alive, and can remember, jewish people have always, always been our friends and allies, and they always will be. they have never attacked us. arabs our friends? some are, some are not.
But the fact is jewish people have always always been our enemies and they always will be ...until they go out our land.

Now Jews are the biggest problem in arabs's life ...they like a nightmare and we can not wake up from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies