Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:06 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You're really good with false assumptions.
I use the phrase "come on man" as a general exclamation, even to my girlfriend when someone says something ridiculous.

Why else would you still be claiming that he's not a real citizen? Come on, even his opponents didn't run with this because it was clearly a smear by radical morons in an effort to scare other radical morons into not voting for him. "He's a terrorist trying to infiltrate our government". Do you have any idea how insane that sounds? And this is coming from an Obama opponent (liked Kucinich, Gravel and Dodd in the Democratic primary, voted in the GOP for Paul, and then voted for Barr in the general election).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
The DNC.

For spinning the idea that inexperience in their presidential candidate is to be seen as "change", but inexperience in the other party's VP candidate is something to be terrified of.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
The GOP.

Again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:26 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
The DNC.

For spinning the idea that inexperience in their presidential candidate is to be seen as "change", but inexperience in the other party's VP candidate is something to be terrified of.
Except that the "change" they were talking about was from failed Neo-Con policies to policies that were in direct opposition to them. From a man who supported Bush 90% of the time to a man who supported him about half that. The "change" they were talking about was from Democrat to Republican, they would have been using the same line with Chris Dodd, and he's as old-white-money-family lines as they come.

That being said, neither party represented change (aside from Paul, Kucinich and Gravel) in our way of making policies. Not one "major" candidate proposed anything siginificant, like ending the failed Cuban trade embargo or the even more failed war on drugs.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,159 times
Liar of the Year, without a doubt, (IMO):
Casey Anthony

Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I have to go with John Edwards. Lied to his wife, his staff and the country. Messed around on his faithful wife who has given him a family and a lifetime of love and who now may be close to death from cancer. May the devil burn his ass in hell!
I'd give it to all the right wing losers who lied about Obama for the last year.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:22 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
IWhy else would you still be claiming that he's not a real citizen? Come on, even his opponents didn't run with this because it was clearly a smear by radical morons in an effort to scare other radical morons into not voting for him. "He's a terrorist trying to infiltrate our government". Do you have any idea how insane that sounds? And this is coming from an Obama opponent (liked Kucinich, Gravel and Dodd in the Democratic primary, voted in the GOP for Paul, and then voted for Barr in the general election).
Show me where in this statement, "IF it is ever shown that he really WAS born in Kenya and not Hawaii (and I'm not saying that is the case--only that the issue is murky), then Obama will take the crown as Biggest Liar Of All Time" that I make the claim that Obama is not a US citizen. Acknowledging the fact that some people believe that Obama was born in Kenya does not necessarily mean that I share that belief. I brought it up because if, at some point in the future, it can be clearly shown than Obama was born in Kenya and not in Hawaii, that would make him the Biggest Liar Of All Time. How can you argue with that?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Show me where in this statement, "IF it is ever shown that he really WAS born in Kenya and not Hawaii (and I'm not saying that is the case--only that the issue is murky), then Obama will take the crown as Biggest Liar Of All Time" that I make the claim that Obama is not a US citizen. Acknowledging the fact that some people believe that Obama was born in Kenya does not necessarily mean that I share that belief. I brought it up because if, at some point in the future, it can be clearly shown than Obama was born in Kenya and not in Hawaii, that would make him the Biggest Liar Of All Time. How can you argue with that?
Because if he did lie about that, it would have only been a lie about his birth place.

There are worse things to make you the Liar of the Year. Things like Bush did.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Because if he did lie about that, it would have only been a lie about his birth place.

There are worse things to make you the Liar of the Year. Things like Bush did.
No. It would be more than lying about his birthplace. It would be about having attained the Presidency fraudulently.

Nuff of this.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Except that the "change" they were talking about was from failed Neo-Con policies to policies that were in direct opposition to them. From a man who supported Bush 90% of the time to a man who supported him about half that. The "change" they were talking about was from Democrat to Republican, they would have been using the same line with Chris Dodd, and he's as old-white-money-family lines as they come.

That being said, neither party represented change (aside from Paul, Kucinich and Gravel) in our way of making policies. Not one "major" candidate proposed anything siginificant, like ending the failed Cuban trade embargo or the even more failed war on drugs.

Read my post again and try to stay on topic, please. I was referring to the VP candidate on the republican ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies