Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro-life or Pro-choice
Pro-life 66 35.68%
Pro-choice 119 64.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:33 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
against it in all cases. Believe it should be banned. Believe abortion doctors should get life in prison with a possibility of parole. Believe women who seek out abortions voluntarily should receive jail time as well for murder.
then aonly ametuers will do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 02:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
You do realize that you could have taken the year of school off, then resumed classes with exactly the same schedule the next year. I'm sure though that showing the virtue of actually having the child would be stigmatized in the eyes of college admissions offices! Yes, your life would undoubtedly be ruined!
Obviously you know nothing of "pregnancy brain" her test & grade scores would've been in the toilet.

Quote:
Additionally, you are simply speculating about the future when you really don't know.
Right back at ya pal.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM

125 posts, read 435,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbogdan81 View Post
Now that is just being silly.
It's not so hard to see many as hateful fanatics when they view a fetus as a parasite. I wonder if their stance on that truly changes even when the baby is born.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:35 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Whether you know it or not, for some women continuing with the pregnancy is like being raped over and over and over again, day after day. Something inside you, foreign, sucking the life out of you, like being invaded, and then occupied by the rapist. Yes, for some women going through the pregnancy is so devastating it can be said to ruin your life. I'm sorry you had to go through the experience of cancer, and sorry that it did not give you the insight to understand how horrifying it can be to harbor something malignant and awful inside yourself. But with cancer, everyone joins you in hoping to get rid of it. People who point and stare don't stop at just pointing. There's a reason why more than 50% of rapes never get reported. Because we blame the women, and because women blame themselves. People think that the fetus isn't to blame, it's innocent, so it's fine to force a woman to incubate a mass of cells for nine months, and the woman should just be able to blithely accept the situation. Afterall, nothing could be more normal. More normal than being brutally assaulted, then to have to nurture the result of that assault within you, month after month, risking your health and life to carry a rapist's child to term. Nothing more normal than that.
We simply differ in opinion. I believe through religious reasons and rationality that a fetus is a human child. If a fetus is a human child, then, in my mind, it cannot be killed for any reason. No amount of emotional appeal is going to sway me; 9 months is not going ruin your life.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Obviously you know nothing of "pregnancy brain" her test & grade scores would've been in the toilet.
That's why I said she should take time off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Right back at ya pal.
No, actually, I'm not speculating about the future. I'm saying we don't know what the future holds, but we do know what right and wrong is in a given situation--that is what is in our control. Speculating that one's life could be worse for not having an abortion as justification for having an abortion is pure speculation.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
then aonly ametuers will do it.
And women will choose to have it done or not.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Evolutionist would have us believe we have no soul and we are just organisms or a cluster of cells. So if that's the case the only thing that constitutes life then is living cells. If that's the case as soon as the sperm meets the egg the DNA process begins and would be considered life even before conception. Religious thoughts on it are well known the only ones bucking the system are the ones refusing to put two and two together.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:44 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And Hitler and abortion could be bestest friends.
"Could"... How about a common ground likes of Taliban, and pro-lifers actually "have"? Women can't have a say and mob mentality using religion must rule all.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
That's why I said she should take time off.
Good grief!

Quote:
No, actually, I'm not speculating about the future. I'm saying we don't know what the future holds, but we do know what right and wrong is in a given situation--that is what is in our control.
You know YOUR right and wrong.
Doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong.
Unless of course you thrive on being judge & jury.
Oh wait, your posts seem to do just that!

Quote:
Speculating that one's life could be worse for not having an abortion as justification for having an abortion is pure speculation.
And speculating that one's life could be better for having to spawn a rapist's seed as justification for having it is pure speculation as well.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Evolutionist would have us believe we have no soul and we are just organisms or a cluster of cells. So if that's the case the only thing that constitutes life then is living cells. If that's the case as soon as the sperm meets the egg the DNA process begins and would be considered life even before conception. Religious thoughts on it are well known the only ones bucking the system are the ones refusing to put two and two together.
Implantation in order to thrive is kinda important though, you know for breeding and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies