Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro-life or Pro-choice
Pro-life 66 35.68%
Pro-choice 119 64.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:58 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times

Advertisements

I love abortions, they're awesome!!! WOOHOOO abortions rule, yeah!! I can't wait to have another, yeah!!! It's awesome being able to screw my way thru all the hot men & not have to worry about having to pop out some kid in 9 months, WOOHOO, yeah!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCCABUCCA View Post
You quite apparently are unable to read and comprehend at the same time. I have clearly stated that I am pro-choice. However, I WOULD vote against the slaughtering of fetuses that are distinctly babies. However, don't you worry...abortion will always be legal.

PS. I DO NOT REGRET my abortion. I have struggled with depression from it though just because it is SAD, for some, to lose a baby. I didn't have any alternatives and know it was the right thing to do rather than gamble with my baby's life. I'm not going to sit on here and say it didn't hurt me.
I read your post that you stated you were an uptight religious fanatic who judged women who had abortions until you yourself sought the devils hand in ridding yourself from a tragic pregnancy that had medical issues.

Yes you were doing what was best for the child possibly. You did what was best for YOU and your family and that is a FINE thing to do.
There are all sorts of reasons women have abortions and most of them are very legitmate. IMO It is no different then woman doing it for non-medical reasons then for medical reasons. 8 weeks is to early to tell if more pregnancies have medical reasons, and even then it is to early for most women to have had time to decide what they are doing with this pregnancy. 12 weeks is reasonable.

Some women do it because they would be lousy mothers and they knew it (Casey Anthony is a prime example).

You want I should compliment you on how you finally learned not to judge others before walking a mile in their shoes?

I think you should have been nonjudgemental from the beginning but I am glad this opened your eyes to what real women go through.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
It is too bad you regret yours. Many women don't- so why should they be subjected to your rules because you felt guilty later?

PLUS Who is coercing them, the boyfriend?

Most women don't even know they are pregnant before 8 weeks. Outlawing abortions after 8 weeks would never do.

You don't even see a dr. til the 12th week of pregnancy, how would you know something was wrong with it?

That won't do at all.

Please, 'most' women can't tell they are pregnant till they hit 8 weeks? Ever been pregnant? Ever been so much as two days late with your period?
The only women who don't know are the stupid or the addicted. But then, maybe that is the demographic that should have abortions.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Please, 'most' women can't tell they are pregnant till they hit 8 weeks? Ever been pregnant? Ever been so much as two days late with your period?
The only women who don't know are the stupid or the addicted. But then, maybe that is the demographic that should have abortions.

Yeah -been pregnant 6 times. How about you?

When i was LOOKING to have a kid i LOOKED to see if i was pregnant. If you aren't looking to get pregnant you may not be looking for your period so intently. It is a completely different experience.

Did YOU ever think that some women have irregular periods and that they could go 6-8 weeks without knowing?

Not to mention with seasonale and BC like that you wouldn't know for a VERY long time. You will not have a menstrual period every month while you are taking an extended-cycle birth control pill. Instead, your period should occur every 12 weeks.

Even when you find out you are pregnant at 4 weeks they do not want to see you in the office until you are 12 weeks. SO how would you even know you had a birth defect before 12 weeks???

Unless you are certain you want an abortion, they would rather not see you. Even then, they usually have a workload backup for a GOOD doctor @ 2-4 weeks so there you are at 6-8 weeks along waiting for your abortion to happen. OH and then scheduling the abortion itself is usually a third party who has a wait for an appointment for that as well.

12 weeks is not feasible with the way the medical industry works.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah -been pregnant 6 times. How about you?

When i was LOOKING to have a kid i LOOKED to see if i was pregnant. If you aren't looking to get pregnant you may not be looking for your period so intently. It is a completely different experience.

Did YOU ever think that some women have irregular periods and that they could go 6-8 weeks without knowing?

Not to mention with seasonale and BC like that you wouldn't know for a VERY long time. You will not have a menstrual period every month while you are taking an extended-cycle birth control pill. Instead, your period should occur every 12 weeks.

Even when you find out you are pregnant at 4 weeks they do not want to see you in the office until you are 12 weeks. SO how would you even know you had a birth defect before 12 weeks???

Unless you are certain you want an abortion, they would rather not see you. Even then, they usually have a workload backup for a GOOD doctor @ 2-4 weeks so there you are at 6-8 weeks along waiting for your abortion to happen. OH and then scheduling the abortion itself is usually a third party who has a wait for an appointment for that as well.

12 weeks is not feasible with the way the medical industry works.
Been pregnant 8 times -- I got you beat
And yes, when ttc a woman is very attuned to every nuance of her body...but I know that when I was not ttc I was also hypervigiliant. I would have noticed not having a period. And most women do not have irregular cycles --- because remember, in your OP you said "most women don't even know if they're pregnant before 8 weeks". Most women do in fact know at the very least that they have skipped a period. And most women know that is a very very big hint that they could be pregnant. Most women who own a tv also know that there are these cute little pee sitcks out that will tell you if your are pregnant or not 5 days prior to your first missed period. Women are not idiots, and I cannot help but get pissed when other women try to paint them so in order to defend abortion. Or anything, really.
Women know what causes pregnancy. Women know when their periods are due. Most women have regular cycles. And unless the women in question or 'special', they know what a missed period means.
And how many women do get pregnant on seasonal or the like, anyway?
We are talking about the majority, here.
As to aborting because of birth defects, yes -- that will happen in the second trimester. They should be awake and see the products of those abortions. I was told my dd was dying in utero and would die shortly after birth if she made it that far. I carried her till she died at around 22 weeks, then delivered her. She was fully human, down to her blue eyes. She even had little toes. So ....imo and in my experience 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions are unjustifiable. Doesn't mean that I don't empathize with the parents -- I do. But it is especially heinous.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Been pregnant 8 times -- I got you beat
And yes, when ttc a woman is very attuned to every nuance of her body...but I know that when I was not ttc I was also hypervigiliant. I would have noticed not having a period. And most women do not have irregular cycles --- because remember, in your OP you said "most women don't even know if they're pregnant before 8 weeks". Most women do in fact know at the very least that they have skipped a period. And most women know that is a very very big hint that they could be pregnant. Most women who own a tv also know that there are these cute little pee sitcks out that will tell you if your are pregnant or not 5 days prior to your first missed period. Women are not idiots, and I cannot help but get pissed when other women try to paint them so in order to defend abortion. Or anything, really.
Women know what causes pregnancy. Women know when their periods are due. Most women have regular cycles. And unless the women in question or 'special', they know what a missed period means.
As to aborting because of birth defects, yes -- that will happen in the second trimester. They should be awake and see the products of those abortions. I was told my dd was dying in utero and would die shortly after birth if she made it that far. I carried her till she died at around 22 weeks, then delivered her. She was fully human, down to her blue eyes. She even had little toes. So ....imo and in my experience 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions are unjustifiable. Doesn't mean that I don't empathize with the parents -- I do. But it is especially heinous.
Hi camping!

Just want to say, most women I know occasionally miss a period. I've never been regular in my life. Stress messes up the cycle for lots of women, and there are lots of other factors that affect women's cycles. Also, a lot of women don't keep track. They might notice they've not mestruated the entire month of January, but couldn't tell you the exact dates in December that they did have their period. So while you might be very vigilant in this aspect of your life, not everyone is.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:15 PM

Well perhaps i mispoke when i said MOST women, but MANY women do not know they are pregnant right at 4-6 weeks. Many women have busy lives and that is one thing that can fall by the wayside during our busy lives. We are juggling multiple tasks and if you don't have sex often, or perhaps have other issues on your mind, that may be overlooked as STRESS. Because STRESS and eating poorly can screw up your cycle. And women are MORE stressed than ever in this day and age.

By the way, you can take a test at 4 -5 weeks and it says NEGATIVE and you go 'oh ok'... and then put that out off your mind because you took some tests and they said nope, but at week 6-7 you go, sheesh my period is super late, wonder if something is WRONG with me and WHOOPS the stick is not accurate because you ARE pregnant even after having done 3 pee tests between week 4-5. I have had that 2 times with pregnancy's.. Not enough HCG to light up the stick is also something that happens that can give false negatives.

Quote:
- because remember, in your OP you said "most women don't even know if they're pregnant before 8 weeks". Most women do in fact know at the very least that they have skipped a period. And most women know that is a very very big hint that they could be pregnant. Most women who own a tv also know that there are these cute little pee sitcks out that will tell you if your are pregnant or not 5 days prior to your first missed period. Women are not idiots, and I cannot help but get pissed when other women try to paint them so in order to defend abortion. Or anything, really.

I hardly said women are idiots because they do not catch they are pregnant at the first day of a missed period. There are many women who are irregular. I can name 4 off the top of my head that I alone know of. The other signs of pregnancy are morning sickness which doesnt start until what 6 weeks usually? That is, if you get it.

Quote:
I have seen one women so far get pregnant on depo shots and i have seen one get pregnant on seasonale and another on nova.
Not to mention, when you are on birth control, you do feel like you have some security so even if you are late, you may not be on top of it because you assume you are protected.
Like i stated above-
stress Ask the Experts: How Stress Affects Your Period on MedicineNet.com
and eating habits can delay a period. Delayed menstruation: What could cause it? >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance
Quote:

As to aborting because of birth defects, yes -- that will happen in the second trimester. They should be awake and see the products of those abortions.

OH so if my child was going to have a trisomy issue Birth defects - trisomy disorders then my punishment for choosing to end their sufferring and not bring them into the world just to have them die days later (if that), would be to make me look at it after it was aborted? Seriously, you think this is reasonable to make the mother suffer even MORE than she already is?

Quote:

I was told my dd was dying in utero and would die shortly after birth if she made it that far. I carried her till she died at around 22 weeks, then delivered her. She was fully human, down to her blue eyes. She even had little toes. So ....imo and in my experience 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions are unjustifiable. Doesn't mean that I don't empathize with the parents -- I do. But it is especially heinous.
Just because you were willing to let your child suffer in utero for your own selfish reasons we all should do that? How do you know you didn't cause her uneccessary pain in your quest to keep going?
You don't empathize with women who chose to abort when you state you would make them LOOK at what they did- as if that is penance for their "sin". You are no better then them just because you carried it as far as it could go.

IT is tragic all around and forcing women to walk around with babies dying inside of them is not going to help matters.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Well perhaps i mispoke when i said MOST women, but MANY women do not know they are pregnant right at 4-6 weeks. Many women have busy lives and that is one thing that can fall by the wayside during our busy lives. We are juggling multiple tasks and if you don't have sex often, or perhaps have other issues on your mind, that may be overlooked as STRESS. Because STRESS and eating poorly can screw up your cycle. And women are MORE stressed than ever in this day and age.
And all the more reason to wonder if a missed period means a pregnancy that the woman didnot want.

By the way, you can take a test at 4 -5 weeks and it says NEGATIVE and you go 'oh ok'... and then put that out off your mind because you took some tests and they said nope, but at week 6-7 you go, sheesh my period is super late, wonder if something is WRONG with me and WHOOPS the stick is not accurate because you ARE pregnant even after having done 3 pee tests between week 4-5. I have had that 2 times with pregnancy's.. Not enough HCG to light up the stick is also something that happens that can give false negatives.

Did those pregnancies miscarry? In my experience, if the hcg is not raising at the acceptable rate of doubling per day the pregnancy is doomed. In all likelyhood a woman whose hcg levels were consistently so low as to have two neg home pregnancy tests will most likely m/c but think she 'just had a late period'. To have pregnancy that started out with such weak numbers survive would be rare, indeed.

I hardly said women are idiots because they do not catch they are pregnant at the first day of a missed period. There are many women who are irregular. I can name 4 off the top of my head that I alone know of. The other signs of pregnancy are morning sickness which doesnt start until what 6 weeks usually? That is, if you get it.

And I was saying that sometime after the first day of their missed period they would have a clue that they just might be pregnant. It doesn't take labor pains to figure that out.
As to women who have irregular periods....I know of two. One was about twenty years ago and one is now. They still worry about getting pregnant when they are/were sexually active, as most sexually active women are.

I have seen one women so far get pregnant on depo shots and i have seen one get pregnant on seasonale and another on nova.
Not to mention, when you are on birth control, you do feel like you have some security so even if you are late, you may not be on top of it because you assume you are protected.
Like i stated above-
stress Ask the Experts: How Stress Affects Your Period on MedicineNet.com
and eating habits can delay a period. Delayed menstruation: What could cause it? >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance

So you know of three women --- as I said, pretty damn rare. And again, I never said a self diagnosis of pregnancy would be immediate -- but it certainly would occur before month two of a pregnancy. Besides, bcpills are supposed to regualte, I would imagine those women above all others would be ready to freak out if they missed a period.

OH so if my child was going to have a trisomy issue Birth defects - trisomy disorders then my punishment for choosing to end their sufferring and not bring them into the world just to have them die days later (if that), would be to make me look at it after it was aborted? Seriously, you think this is reasonable to make the mother suffer even MORE than she already is?
I was rough there, and that is because too many people equate a second trimester abortion with getting their tonsils taken out. It is a big deal. And it should be treated with gravity.
I also question how many of those children are aborted for significant abnormalities? And how many because they were down syndromed? Or thought to be....

Just because you were willing to let your child suffer in utero for your own selfish reasons we all should do that? How do you know you didn't cause her uneccessary pain in your quest to keep going?
You don't empathize with women who chose to abort when you state you would make them LOOK at what they did- as if that is penance for their "sin". You are no better then them just because you carried it as far as it could go.

IT is tragic all around and forcing women to walk around with babies dying inside of them is not going to help matters.
Aren't you the lovely one? Yes, it was a difficult time, but no it was not a difficult decision to make. Her lifespan was what it was. I chose to respect it. And really, do you think an abortion at that stage of the game is pain free? Being sliced and diced? Maybe getting your brain sucked out? Or having your heart stopped with a saline solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies