Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:01 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,697 times

Advertisements

npr.org — In Iraq, today a car bomb killed at least 25, wounding 64. In Gaza, Israeli air strikes killed 200 and wounded several hundred. Afghanistan is in shamble, and unstable Pakistan is bringing troops near the Indian border.The so called "war on terror" has made the world unsafer and has triggered, from his 3 trillion cost, a global recession

Iraqi police say car bomb near Fallujah kills 2 : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98383341 - broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 08:03 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
That's funny. I didn't know that Bush started the problems between Hamas & Israel.

But I guess you learn something every day.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Out of the dozen or pastor boys at my church, the priest DID NOT fondle ONE... I suppose that makes him, slightly more redeemable?

Word to the wise: there's more than one way to feed 'fuel to the fire'. Critical thinking is a neat thing, you should try it once.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:36 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
You mean the global war is what made those people buy those houses on loans they how can not afford and made the lenders give tham the loans. Imagine that.Seems I remmeber that under Clinton there were more attacks by terrorist and there were the same wasr as now. Rember Bosnia. Political tripe.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Nonsensical troll thread. Needs to be closed.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Bush's legacy - Not having a terrorist attack in the U.S. since 9/11/01. Almost eight years.

How quickly we forget.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bush's legacy - Not having a terrorist attack in the U.S. since 9/11/01. Almost eight years.

How quickly we forget.
Just the lefties.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You mean the global war is what made those people buy those houses on loans they how can not afford and made the lenders give tham the loans. Imagine that.Seems I remmeber that under Clinton there were more attacks by terrorist and there were the same wasr as now. Rember Bosnia. Political tripe.
Yes, those poor lenders were bamboozled... they must really be suffering now... oh wait, they're not. They've been repeatedly bailed out by Big Gov't while the other end of that bad business deal has been left out to dry. We call that Corporate welfare and golden parachutes were I'm from...

Regarding connection to 'Global War' (i.e. right wing extremism)... don't remember drawing that unitary correlation... but most economists would agree that our Gov't regulations over the last 8 (or lack thereof) and bad fiscal policy have contributed significantly to the current recession. I take it you disagree. But I guess you were also the bunch that a year ago was saying we weren't headed for a recession. And you seem to be under the misguided impression that either Bosnia or Iraq had anything to do with terrorist attacks at home. D'oh! Double D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

How quickly we forget.
More like 'how quickly we stupefy''. That's called a 'coincidence'. Bush Policy has done far more to embolden our enemies than keep them at bay in his tenure. What relevance do singular, explicit acts of terrorism (which btw, originated from a country that is and was one of our greatest allies in the M.E.) say for a largely failed presidency? Nothing... that's what. Hell, that's called 'bait' in and of itself. And it has hooked this country for far too long.

Unprecedented midnight regulation; a venerable, illogical, and deceitful war; hyperinflation, job loss, a declining economic, social & global currency system; questionable pardons, torture, [un]Patriot Act, hypocritical, brazen defiance of NATO agreements; Mission [not] Accomplished; record low approval ratings; bad English; FLYING SLIPPERS... the sum total of which is what this ignorant buffoon of a president will be remembered for. It's pities me that there are still a [literal] few in this country that think otherwise. Well... good thing those folks wear their allegiance exclusively in anonymous internet forums, at least one would hope.
We've never had a more unpopular president in history, Bush makes Nixon look like J.F.K.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 12-29-2008 at 02:45 PM..

Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
npr.org — In Iraq, today a car bomb killed at least 25, wounding 64. In Gaza, Israeli air strikes killed 200 and wounded several hundred. Afghanistan is in shamble, and unstable Pakistan is bringing troops near the Indian border.The so called "war on terror" has made the world unsafer and has triggered, from his 3 trillion cost, a global recession

Iraqi police say car bomb near Fallujah kills 2 : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98383341 - broken link)

You're just so close. What is the one common denominator in all this (and don't say GWB because this has been going on for a very long time), Give up? Well, it is Islam, that wonderful religion of peace and tolerance. The other connection you are failing to make is that had Carter installed a new government in Iran in 1979, the Iran/Iraq war never happened, Hussein never invades Kuwait and no second war in Iraq occures because Saddam has a US ally next door. Additionally, if Carter had shown any kahonas in Iran the USSR would likely have never considered him a punk and invaded Afghanistan meaning no 9/11 either. Iran would be a modern nation that doesn't execute minors and Christian converts and with no nuclear weapons program. Carter caused the situation we have today with his inaction in 1979.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:47 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Yes, those poor lenders were bamboozled... they must really be suffering now... oh wait, they're not. They've been repeatedly bailed out by Big Gov't while the other end of that bad business deal has been left out to dry. We call that Corporate welfare and golden parachutes were I'm from...

Regarding connection to 'Global War' (i.e. right wing extremism)... don't remember drawing that unitary correlation... but most economists would agree that our Gov't regulations over the last 8 (or lack thereof) and bad fiscal policy have contributed significantly to the current recession. I take it you disagree. But I guess you were also the bunch that a year ago was saying we weren't headed for a recession. And you seem to be under the misguided impression that either Bosnia or Iraq had anything to do with terrorist attacks at home. D'oh! Double D'oh!

More like 'how quickly we stupefy''. That's called a 'coincidence'. Bush Policy has done far more to embolden our enemies than keep them at bay in his tenure. What relevance do singular, explicit acts of terrorism (which btw, originated from a country that is and was one of our greatest allies in the M.E.) say for a largely failed presidency? Nothing... that's what. Hell, that's called 'bait' in and of itself. And it has hooked this country for far too long.

Unprecedented midnight regulation; a venerable, illogical, and deceitful war; hyperinflation, job loss, a declining economic, social & global currency system; questionable pardons, torture, [un]Patriot Act, hypocritical, brazen defiance of NATO agreements; Mission [not] Accomplished; record low approval ratings; bad English; FLYING SLIPPERS... the sum total of which is what this ignorant buffoon of a president will be remembered for. It's pities me that there are still a [literal] few in this country that think otherwise. Well... good thing those folks wear their allegiance exclusively in anonymous INTERNET forums, at least one would hope.
We've never had a more unpopular president in history, Bush makes Nixon look like J.F.K.

YouTube - Explosive Video, Fannie Mae CEO calling Obama and the Dems the "Family" and "Conscience" of Fannie Mae

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

"most economists would agree" Nonsense, most economist never agree about anything. Ask five economist the same question and you'll get six different answers. I expect that's why you provided no link, quote or proof to back up your assertion.

Bet you can't guess who gets bailed out next. Do you give up? Well, it's GE. See MSNBC and NBC shamelessly prostituted themselves off to the Democratic party because the typical voter will believe the nonsense they spew allowing GE's corporate brats to deliver the election for the dems who definitely know how to return a corrupt political favor.

The two Iraq wars and the Iran/Iraq war could have all been avoided if Carter were a little sharper, see he had a golden opportunity to replace the Iranian government in 1979. But being a liberal Democrat, he felt that we should not force our will on those people any longer. Now they live in a totalitarian Islamo-fascist terrorist-state theocracy that is building nuclear weapons to destroy Israel and the US. Even Arab states in the region wonder what we could have possibly been thinking about.

"Most of them asked questions about the Carter era. They wanted to know why was it that America's number one ally in the region, Shah Reza Pahlavi of Iran, had been toppled by the Islamic revolution of 1979, despite assurances of support from the Carter White House?"

Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

"Iran has the saddest record of executing minors in the world. Since 1990, the authorities have hanged at least 30 youths, more than in any other country. The last victim, Mohammed Hassanzadeh, a young Kurd barely 16 years old, was executed on June 10."

Iran continues to execute children | Human Rights Tribune - www.humanrights-geneva.info

The Iraq that will exist in the wake of our military involvement will be a model for the surrounding nations. Hopefully the people living in that part of the world will have enough sense to embrace this style of self-governance. If not we're all screwed. I believe that when we look at states like Iran after having failed to do what was necessary there in 1979, we are seeing the potential catastrophe that awaits the entire Middle East. Mindlessly blaming Bush for the condition of the Islamo-fascist world after he has done everything possible to correct Carter's screw-up at this late stage of the process, is intellectually void and morally bankrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies