Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
No, only 8 months and 10 days.
That's long enough..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,618 times
I'm a conservative but even I agree this is a stupid name. Hope the baby and mother are well but why the idiotic names?

Old 12-30-2008, 09:09 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Easton; my son's favored hockey stick brand when he was a Squirt.
Mitchell is ALSO a brand of hockey equipment Mitchell Custom Goal Equipment - Goalie Pads, Pad Covers, Goalie Equipment, they make some of the best goalie pads around.

Should I name my kid Louisville Slugger Mizuno?

Old 12-30-2008, 09:36 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,272,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Mitchell is ALSO a brand of hockey equipment Mitchell Custom Goal Equipment - Goalie Pads, Pad Covers, Goalie Equipment, they make some of the best goalie pads around.

Should I name my kid Louisville Slugger Mizuno?
Mitchell is also the middle name of my deceased brother-in-law from Texas. He was named almost 70 years ago. I know many people named Mitch (Mitchell). There is nothing unusual about that.

If they named him, Robert Michael, people would be complaining they sure changed from the "idiotic" names to an extremely common on.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
I'm a conservative but even I agree this is a stupid name. Hope the baby and mother are well but why the idiotic names?
This is hopeless.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:05 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,639,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Mitchell is also the middle name of my deceased brother-in-law from Texas. He was named almost 70 years ago. I know many people named Mitch (Mitchell). There is nothing unusual about that.

If they named him, Robert Michael, people would be complaining they sure changed from the "idiotic" names to an extremely common on.
Um people were commenting on the name Tripp being unusual not the name Mitchell. I thought that was pretty obvious to us all.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Um people were commenting on the name Tripp being unusual not the name Mitchell. I thought that was pretty obvious to us all.
Yes, I noticed such, but I got the impression from a few posters that Mitchell and Easton were odd as well, hence the comment about sports and the Louisville Slugger name. My humble apologies if I misconstrued the intent of the two names above.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,834,667 times
I like the name Tripp.

And regarding the circumstances of his birth, I don't know of any child who is loved any less because his parents are not married at the time of his conception or birth.

Give the bashing a rest on this topic.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:47 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
How about this...maybe the kid was named after the infamous Linda.

Linda Tripp (born Linda Rose Carotenuto on November 24, 1949 in Jersey City, New Jersey) was a central figure in the Lewinsky scandal of 1998 and 1999 that led to the impeachment and subsequent acquittal of U.S. President Bill Clinton.

Linda Tripp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I like the name Tripp.

And regarding the circumstances of his birth, I don't know of any child who is loved any less because his parents are not married at the time of his conception or birth.

Give the bashing a rest on this topic.
Ya know posters screamed about bashing the Palin kids...they're OFF LIMITS...OK, no problem. But THEN you post a birth announcement ! Like it's a big deal...she had a baby...she did NOTHING special. She was pregnant and it came to a conclusion that we all expected.

I think if "bashing" them is off limits then their dubious "accomplishments" should also be off limits.

I think promoting the idea that unmarried teenagers having sex and babies is a good idea is not right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies