Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Be that as it may, Dems drive Volvos and Repubs drive Fords. And only American union members may build the latter.

And no smattering of quotations can disprove that.
Please...Please, restraint from non-sense.
Or at least do some research before posting it!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about Volvo Group - AB Volvo; Volvo Cars is the passenger vehicle maker now owned by Ford Motor Company,

feel free to investigate the rest of your claim.

Regards,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 02:48 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Be that as it may, Dems drive Volvos and Repubs drive Fords. And only American union members may build the latter.
I haven't been able to find any stats for who owns what type of vehicle, but I did find this report on hybrids, prepared in 2007 when American auto makers were not offering quite as many hybrids as they are today.

Quote:
NEW YORK (December 4, 2007) – Democratic, wealthy, educated and active are four adjectives that describe today’s hybrid vehicle owner, according to a recent analysis from Scarborough Research, a consumer and media research firm.

Scarborough’s analysis finds that almost half (42 percent) of the households in the U.S. that own or lease at least one hybrid vehicle have an annual income of $100,000 or more. That is more than twice the national average. The adults who live in these households, “Hybrid Owners,” are more than twice as likely as all U.S. adults to have a college degree. This includes the twenty-seven percent of Hybrid Owners who have a post graduate degree, compared to nine percent of adults overall. Hybrid Owners skew older than average, and are 23 percent more likely than average to be aged 50+.

When it comes to politics, the Democratic party commands the highest percentage of Hybrid Owners. Thirty-eight percent of Hybrid Owners cite Democrat as their political party affiliation. Fourteen percent are Republican, and 34 percent are Independent. The Independents include those who stated in the Scarborough survey they were “Independent” (eight percent of Hybrid Owners); “Independent, but feel closer to Democrat,”(20 percent of Hybrid Owners), and “Independent, but feel closer to Republican” (six percent of Hybrid Owners). Fifteen percent of Hybrid Owners did not identify with a political party in the Scarborough analysis. Eighty-one percent of Hybrid Owners stated they “always” vote in presidential elections, versus 71 percent of the total U.S. adult population.
Source

Full disclosure: I'm a Democrat who always votes (Presidential or not) and who owns a Prius. Got two Toyotas in fact ... and a Ford! Go figure.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Please...Please, restraint from non-sense.
Or at least do some research before posting it!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about Volvo Group - AB Volvo; Volvo Cars is the passenger vehicle maker now owned by Ford Motor Company,

feel free to investigate the rest of your claim.

Regards,
The topic is American union members and their lack of support from Democrats. Volvos are built in Sweden.

But thanks for your nits. I'm sure you enjoy picking them.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Where do you come up with this nonsense? Almost everyone I know is a Democrat and most of them drive American cars and none drives a Volvo. In fact I get crap from many of my Democrat friends for owning a Saab.

You seem to think in Fox soundbites.
Ah, Tommy lad. Be checking this, courtesy of GreenGene.

http://www.scarborough.com/press_rel...%2012.4.07.pdf

Keep in mind that the OP originated in Seattle. Not exactly a Fox hotbed.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I haven't been able to find any stats for who owns what type of vehicle, but I did find this report on hybrids, prepared in 2007 when American auto makers were not offering quite as many hybrids as they are today.

Source

Full disclosure: I'm a Democrat who always votes (Presidential or not) and who owns a Prius. Got two Toyotas in fact ... and a Ford! Go figure.
And I'm a Republican (I guess) who supports Obama. I own a Honda and a Scion.

Go figure, indeed!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
The topic is American union members and their lack of support from Democrats. Volvos are built in Sweden.

But thanks for your nits. I'm sure you enjoy picking them.
indeed, GOP supports American Unions by trying to eliminate them, or just sending American jobs off-shore.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
indeed, GOP supports American Unions by trying to eliminate them, or just sending American jobs off-shore.
Think about it. Is the truth what you read in The Nation, or that Pious parked in your driveway?

C'mon, Coug. 'Fess up. You knowwwwwwwwww you weant an Audi....

Old 12-31-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Think about it. Is the truth what you read in The Nation, or that Pious parked in your driveway?

C'mon, Coug. 'Fess up. You knowwwwwwwwww you weant an Audi....
I ride the bus...
sorry.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I ride the bus...
sorry.
Someday you'll get your license.

And when you do....

LimoForSale.com - Used limos for sale limousine marketplace - buy and sell limousines!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:59 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
The same liberals who support giving the UAW and other unions "big handouts" also buy foreign cars. The hypocrasy of the Democratic party is astounding. Whatever, 2008 was the year when so many of us were sheep...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies