Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

"mere reporting of this story to be bias"

The fact that they did not report the rockets being fired by Hamas into Israel but went wall to wall coverage of Israel attacking and killing Palestinians and wording their stories to paint Israel as the evil ones is why I say they are biased in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:23 PM

It's sort of like when someone who is a Republican politician or staff member is involved in a scandal or arrest one of the first things the press mentions is his political party. But when someone who is a Democrat politician or staff member is involved in a scandal or arrest they tend to bury his political party so as not to draw attention to the fact.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:30 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times
I think that the rockets were reported on (if the rocket attacks are going on for months and not killing people you can't realistically expect a half hour news show to mention the rockets every day, or even every week). When the Israelis were being killed by suicide bombers years ago there was definitely wall to wall coverage of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
"mere reporting of this story to be bias"

The fact that they did not report the rockets being fired by Hamas into Israel but went wall to wall coverage of Israel attacking and killing Palestinians and wording their stories to paint Israel as the evil ones is why I say they are biased in this case.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Do your friends a favor. Tell them to visit the nearest clue store and get one.

Here are a few for starters:

How does one keep from being killed?

CLUE- If someone is firing weapons- this can apply to thugs in a park in America or terrorists firing missles- do not stay around them.

How can you prevent your house of worship from being destroyed?

CLUE: Do not permit armed combatants to set up shop in the sanctuary.

How can you prevent your young children from being brainwashed into thinking that violence is a good thing?

CLUE: Do not allow them to pal around with folks who are violent.

There ya go, I've given you three clues that you can forward to your remaining friends, since it is obvious that the clue store is closed in that part of the world.

Oh, I forgot, they have no electricity. Let me give you a clue.

If they have no electricity, how are they gaining access to the internet?

CLUE: They are liars.
Though I don't disagree with a single thing you said. In a society where things like honor killings occur telling someone in Hamas they can't shoot missiles from your house with your kids as shields could be worse then having a bomb shot back at your house and it blown up with you in it.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
if the rocket attacks are going on for months and not killing people you can't realistically expect a half hour news show to mention the rockets every day, or even every week
That's the problem - we are desensitized to the event - we expect hamas, fatah, hezbollah to fire rockets into Israel - it's just no big deal, right?

For just ONE night, I would love for those who say it's not a big deal to experience what the Israeli's go through.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:40 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Hamas broke a cease-fire and launched an attack on Israel. What did you expect Israel to do--wave a finger and say, "Now, now, mustn't do that?"
Broke a cease-fire? Where do you get this crap? The six-month cease-fire brokered by Egypt expired at dawn on Friday, December 19. Hamas observed every day of it. Israel blatantly broke it with its continued blockade of Gaza.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:41 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,084,255 times
I feel sorry for any innocent people who are killed, but don't you think Israel brings a lot it's problems on itself?

Anyway, from what I know, the average person in Tel Aviv has a much nicer life than almost any Palestinian, although harder than an American life. I've met Israelis and they didn't go blathering on and complaining like some of the people on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's the problem - we are desensitized to the event - we expect hamas, fatah, hezbollah to fire rockets into Israel - it's just no big deal, right?

For just ONE night, I would love for those who say it's not a big deal to experience what the Israeli's go through.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM

I've been to Israel several times. No, they don't go on and on about the rockets unless you bring up the topic which has been done here on these boards. And yes, Hamas did break the cease fire before it expired but it was hardly mentioned in the press.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I've met Israelis and they didn't go blathering on and complaining like some of the people on this board.
Yeah, like you said before. Rockets raining down on your home is just a mild nuisance. Sure. What do they have to complain about?

Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Broke a cease-fire? Where do you get this crap? The six-month cease-fire brokered by Egypt expired at dawn on Friday, December 19. Hamas observed every day of it. Israel blatantly broke it with its continued blockade of Gaza.
Quote:
Rockets have rained down on southern Israel almost daily since November 4, and Israeli forces have killed 18 Palestinians in Gaza, nearly all of them militants, in that period.
AFP: Hamas says Gaza truce is ending

Quote:
Dec 18, 2008

GAZA CITY (AFP) — The Islamist Hamas movement said the truce in and around Gaza ends on Friday, ruling out an extension and insisting that it will respond to any Israeli attack.

"The truce will end tomorrow," Fawzi Barhum, a spokesman for the Hamas rulers of the besieged Gaza Strip, said on Thursday.

"There is no possibility of renewing the truce," he told AFP after a meeting with Islamic Jihad and other factions in the Palestinian enclave where violence has already surged in recent days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies