Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 03:45 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,812 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in very liberal San Francisco and yesterday when I left my house wearing my Israeli cap, I got a few angry stares from some people on the muni bus. I am not surprised really since I expected that reaction from some of the liberals here who are more sympathetic to Hamas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 03:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Man, you really despise Jews, don't you? I have never heard a Jew describe him or herself as being one of "God's Chosen People", have you?

Like it or not, your government has declared Israel a friend. They're America's only democratic ally in the middle-east, and an important military and technology partner. Feel free to hate them, but they don't hate you.
NO I do not despise jewish people... The bible was written by man. Like all men those who wrote it had an agenda. How many times has it been rewritten? Revised and why?
I do not hate Israel. Never have never will. That said I don't believe everything they say and I know for a fact that they care very little what problems their actions cause for us. I also know that they are a very selective friend. Israel is loyal to Israel... Period. They enjoy the massive amount of aid we send their way. They in turn will pay us lip service.
Hate them? No I don't hate them. I just don't trust any dog that bites the hand that feeds it. Israel has bitten us more times than can be counted.
I have nothing but respect for their Military and its abilities. I admire what the Israeli's have been able to accomplish. I admire them for their strength. Been to Israel a few times. Trained with their military as well. Because I like or admire does not mean that I trust. Nor do I support unconditionally as this gov has for far too long.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:55 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Man, you really despise Jews, don't you? I have never heard a Jew describe him or herself as being one of "God's Chosen People", have you?
Not to mention, that is probably the most misunderstood phrase in history. "Chosen People" doesn't mean we think we're special - in fact it means just the opposite, that we were chosen to endure suffering and tests from G-d. Maybe some people here should actually READ the Old Testament, so they can understand these things in context?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh we have a English language perfectionist in our midst!

Fine it's not "racism" .....it's bigotry... It's not murderous Israeli racists doing the killing, but murderous Israeli bigots..I stand corrected.

Will you stop your whining now?
1. Racism is a a loaded word used to denigrate and silence others. Using it incorrectly is an indication of a deeper intellectual laziness.

2. I'm not whining -- I'm simply pointing out your ignorance, which seems to (ironically) inform all of your hateful and slanderous posts in this thread.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:59 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You don't need to educate me, thanks... I've been Jewish for 32 years now, and while I occasionally mix up the terms, I am 100% aware that we can be of different ethnic groups. Now once again, do you care to actually address my POINTS - or is easier for you to just debate semantics?
not trying to educate i was just saying, its post like #69 why people in the US would think that jews are limited to.....

Old 01-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I am currently living in very liberal San Francisco and yesterday when I left my house wearing my Israeli cap, I got a few angry stares from some people on the muni bus. I am not surprised really since I expected that reaction from some of the liberals here who are more sympathetic to Hamas.

hamas is a goverment elected by the people. theres also more going on than what we actually know besides hamas shooting rocketsand american media takes isreals side not hamas they may question the agression......and all liberals aka americans dumb crazy ideology term for democrats which is a political party are not pro palestine but the truth is old wounds havent healed and never will

Old 01-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
They were systematically murdered and expelled during the 1948 war and prior to it. There are countless documented attrocities against Palestinians during this period. There were indeed massacres, forced marches and sectarian violence. Deir Yasim, Lod, Ramlah and Jaffa are a few examples.
None of those are examples of anything like the treatment of the Jews and you know it. And how many Arabs have been expelled from Israel? Last time I checked, they were given Gaza and told to make something out of it. Instead of roling up their sleeves and getting to work building a nation, they elected Hamas and made it into a terrorist base for attacks on Israel. And you criticize Israel for this?

Quote:
Unlike the Greco-Turkish poplution exchange the Arab-Israeli one did not go well. The fact of the matter is no-one has any shred of moral highground in this conflict and its pointless to try and assign one.
Baloney. Israel built a progressive, democratic nation in the desert after its people were nearly exterminated by the Nazis and every country in Europe had rejected them. They agreed to abide by the UN mandate to divide "Palestine"; the Arabs did not, and began the evil campaign of terror which continues to this day. If you can't see the difference in the two sides, that is your problem, not mine.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not to mention, that is probably the most misunderstood phrase in history. "Chosen People" doesn't mean we think we're special - in fact it means just the opposite, that we were chosen to endure suffering and tests from G-d. Maybe some people here should actually READ the Old Testament, so they can understand these things in context?

in a religous following or secular?

Old 01-02-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Uh, how long has the state of Israel existed?
How about the state of Palestine?

Old 01-02-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
None of those are examples of anything like the treatment of the Jews and you know it.

Baloney. Israel built a progressive, democratic nation in the desert after its people were nearly exterminated by the Nazis and every country in Europe had rejected them. They agreed to abide by the UN mandate to divide "Palestine"; the Arabs did not, and began the evil campaign of terror which continues to this day. If you can't see the difference in the two sides. that is your problem, not mine.
does this make sense, the US didnt want blacks either to some extent. this is and was the stupidest reason to create a new territory on top of people there, heavily populated or not.

thats like some ole mayflower **** except the UN was involved and you damn right the arabs didnt agree to having some europeans come in and take over...

and since then the blood has spilled
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies