Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,082,844 times

Advertisements

Are you accusing me of "profiling" the people who reported this "incident"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What a leap in logic, or I should say illogic.

How in the world do make that assumption?

I guess you are not above the stereotyping you are so wont to criticize in others.

Hypocrit, much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 02:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Well, they were wrong about the "terrorists". The teens who reported this event were probably home-schooled though, so they may not have that much experience being around diverse people in the real world. They were too busy going to Bible study and listening to blaring Faux News reports in their sheltered world.
Any facts to support this statement?
I happen to know quite a few home schooled kids. None that I know seem to reflect the description you give.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:12 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Where do they talk about bombs on a plane exactly? Want to point that out?
Seriously sanrene could you please point this out for me? I noticed you skipped my question

Old 01-03-2009, 04:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Any facts to support this statement?
I happen to know quite a few home schooled kids. None that I know seem to reflect the description you give.
It's a sure bet that Lulu lives in a much more shletered world than the people he so flippantly and ignorantly dismisses.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
Seriously sanrene could you please point this out for me? I noticed you skipped my question
FOXNews.com - 'Safety' Remark Gets Muslim Family Kicked Off Plane - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Quote:
An unnamed source told MyFOXDC.com that they overheard one member of the family talking about the safest place to sit on a plane if a bomb was on board, though the family denied the word "bomb" was ever used.
I also watched the story on TV - thought I heard the same misunderstood comments.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:20 PM

Well, if an unnamed source on "My FOX DC" said it it must be true.

Didn't I tell everyone Fox News was behind all this???

Quote:
FOXNews.com - 'Safety' Remark Gets Muslim Family Kicked Off Plane - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I also watched the story on TV - thought I heard the same misunderstood comments.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:36 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post

No, you told us "a CNN Anchor" agreed with one of your ravings a few pages back, though.

You barely sipped that Pierian spring...

Old 01-03-2009, 05:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:

Yeah, I see your point! Fox must have hired the passengers to misunderstand comments made by a muslim family (who actually made some comments - did Fox hire them too?) for the express purpose of getting them thrown off the plane and on .... FoxTV!! Everything makes so much sense now.

Wow! Did I get that right?

Last edited by sanrene; 01-03-2009 at 06:48 PM..

Old 01-03-2009, 06:05 PM

No, you got it all wrong--they created the "bomb" comment out thin air after the fact--that unnamed source was probably Rupert Murdoch.
FOX News: We Distort, You Abide

Quote:
Yeah, I see your point! Fox must have hired the passengers to misunderstand comments made by a muslim family (who actually made some comments - did Fox hire them too?) for the express purpose of getting them thrown off the plane and on .... FoxTV!!

Wow! Did I get that right?

Old 01-03-2009, 06:16 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Your point is well taken however, At 30,000 feet I really don't care what motivates any hi jacker...
I fly overseas a couple times a year. One thing I have noticed is that many arab people stand around and complain nonstop. In all my flights I have yet to see an arab singled out. Not once..... I have been one of the lucky few to get searched. I did wonder why me? But I complied greatful that security was at least making an attempt to do its job.
Why do muslems get glared at? Maybe they are just a bit sensitive. They should be blaming the radicals who make all muslems look bad.
I get stared at when I go to Thailand. When seen walking with my step daughter she gets glared at also. Why? Because people assume that I am a foreigner on a sex tour. They further assume that she is most likely a prostitute. Do I get annoyed? You bet. But my anger is with the pervs who caused the stereotype in the first place.
They are overly sensitive - and they have CAIR backing them up ready to sue anyone who looks at them cross eyed...

CAIR has an active PR campaign to intimidate infidels into submission. They tried to sue the passengers of flight 327 that complained about the group of Syrian musicians conducting a dry-test of security a few years back... Congress stepped in and passed legislation making such lawsuits illegal as a direct result of those lawsuits...

Just waiting for some poster out there to say CAIR was right and Congress was wrong...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies