Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:52 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Filet, I am an anesthetist not an obstetrician. Not a need for anesthesia at a free clinic as surgery is out of the question there. Should I provide obstetric services, I would be in trouble quickly with the state accreditation board.

However, my place of emplyment is VERY generous with charity care. We often receive people who are very ill and denied care elsewhere. This is how I have learned about the plight of people without health insurance.
An anesthetist has a broad range of medical training, right? So what's keeping you from personally volunteering your time? And let's not make believe there's nothing you can do!

See, here's one of my main gripes about people who are always calling for "others" to help the needy and poor. Said people are usually not doing anything themselves.

On the other hand, I have utmost respect for doctors (and I've known quite a few) who fly overseas for a month or two per year, and provide medical care for the TRULY needy and poor in places like Africa. Those are the people who are putting their money where their mouths are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 01:03 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought this topic is worthy of its own thread.

Palin's 17 year old daughter just delivered a baby. She is not married.

I am wondering if the baby's healthcare is covered under Gov. Palin's health insurance provided by the tax payers of her state. Should Bristol marry the father, both Bristol and baby would lose this healthcare coverage.

I doubt that Bristol or the baby's father have the means to provide the health insurance themselves.

I wonder if Sarah Palin has reconsidered what she has done to other mothers and children without healthcare in her state.

Palin, Protector of Children vs. Her Record | RHRealityCheck.org

Accoding to Fox News, they are still engaged...not married.
...and that stops there!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Accoding to Fox News, they are still engaged...not married.
...and that stops there!
No, No, NO! The liberal Democrats here just CANNOT get over their slightly perverse obsession with the Palin family. It's kind of creepy.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
No, No, NO! The liberal Democrats here just CANNOT get over their slightly perverse obsession with the Palin family. It's kind of creepy.

Ha! Ha! ... it's called : Staying the course!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:12 PM

...and may be soon ... Mission Accomplished!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Ha! Ha! ... it's called : Staying the course!
I just have to wonder why they're so hung up about the Palins - especially anything related to sex and/or pregnancy.

But I guess Sarah Palin is quite pretty, so that must make it pretty appealing to obsess over her.

Seriously though... What ever happened to leaving politicians' kids alone? I hope the creeps leave the Obama girls alone! Let them be girls, and grow up without being harassed, for crying out loud!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I just have to wonder why they're so hung up about the Palins - especially anything related to sex and/or pregnancy.

But I guess Sarah Palin is quite pretty, so that must make it pretty appealing to obsess over her.

Seriously though... What ever happened to leaving politicians' kids alone? I hope the creeps leave the Obama girls alone! Let them be girls, and grow up without being harassed, for crying out loud!
WHY are YOU so hung up on defending her? A little freaky crush maybe?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Find me anywhere I've defended her.

...yeah, I didn't think so.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
LOL! I was just thinking that!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL! I was just thinking that!
No you weren't.

You were just browsing through this thread, looking for an excuse to unload some hatred on Palin.

Unfortunately for you hateful liberals, your obsession with Palin has been called out. Game over. Exposed for what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies