Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Oh please. Look at the number of internet-jihadists that have joined city-data just to spam this thread with anti-israel rhetoric. I've seen exactly one new pro-Israel poster. Can you deny this? As usual, the Arab PR campaign puts Israel's to shame.
Try not to think so absolutist, just because you are likely right, doesn't mean that I am wrong. I see what you are talking about and you are right, but that doesn't mean that Israel isn't doing what it can either. It learned its lesson before, the power of bad PR and I suspect they will go to great lengths to keep this from happening again. Would you expect either party to NOT put out a PR campaign to progress their positions? Lets be realistic. You don't have to take a side to see both.

I won't lie, some days I find this entire situation so frustrating and mind boggling that I can't even look at this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Thanks, TN. My fervent hope is that neither side is destroyed. I've pretty much reached the conclusion, in any case, that neither side can be depended on for the full truth.

There was a day when Jew and Muslim and Christian lived in the same city, baby sat each others children (I even posted a link from Israeli's Orthodox Jews making this claim before the existence of Israel) So it is possible because it has happened before. I have no doubts there were problems but considering after 2000 years they managed to do it without killing any one group off says they can.

Its hard to get my mind around the senseless barbarity of it all, just as I don't understand how our government tolerates this kind of intolerance in places like Saudi Arabia. I hope these folks work something out because the world is moving fast and time wasted in pursuit of slaughtering one another is time wasted progressing ones people to something better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Try not to think so absolutist, just because you are likely right, doesn't mean that I am wrong. I see what you are talking about and you are right, but that doesn't mean that Israel isn't doing what it can either. It learned its lesson before, the power of bad PR and I suspect they will go to great lengths to keep this from happening again. Would you expect either party to NOT put out a PR campaign to progress their positions? Lets be realistic. You don't have to take a side to see both.

I won't lie, some days I find this entire situation so frustrating and mind boggling that I can't even look at this thread.

There was a day when Jew and Muslim and Christian lived in the same city, baby sat each others children (I even posted a link from Israeli's Orthodox Jews making this claim before the existence of Israel) So it is possible because it has happened before. I have no doubts there were problems but considering after 2000 years they managed to do it without killing any one group off says they can.

Its hard to get my mind around the senseless barbarity of it all, just as I don't understand how our government tolerates this kind of intolerance in places like Saudi Arabia. I hope these folks work something out because the world is moving fast and time wasted in pursuit of slaughtering one another is time wasted progressing ones people to something better.
Amen.

Perhaps this link is more relevant here than on the other thread:

YouTube - "Elephant and Dog Prove Best Friends " Too Sweet for Words;Just LOVE

Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
P.S. Just to be clear: I am NOT equating Israelis with elephants, and Palestinians with dogs, okay? Although I, personally, have no problem being compared to an animal, I realize that others do.

Just to be clear.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:43 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hamas and the palestinians are infamous for staging "incidents" for propaganda purposes.

Here's that video where CNN was supposedly duped;

YouTube - Gaza:Reporter cover his own brother death-Periodista cubre la muerte de su unico hermanito

Take a look at the blood on the operating table. For penetrating wounds, there is almost no blood, and what little there is looks washed out — almost orange. The body should have been covered in blood, and much more than that should have transferred to the sheets, especially if someone was giving CPR.

The video alleges that the Israelis used a missile from an unmanned drone to attack the rooftop, but look carefully at that roof. A missile hitting that roof would have left much more than a six-inch-diameter impact crater, even if it didn’t explode.

Also, the plastic chair is sitting normally in the blast zone, and the clothes remain on the clothesline in the background. A missile blast that killed two boys on that roof would have done much more extensive damage

Maybe Martin can explain how a missile hits a roof and kills two boys but does no more damage to the roof than what a pick axe could do in five minutes — and how the furniture didn’t get disturbed.

Good Lord. If you look closely at the guy doing chest compressions, his hands are not even touching the patient. The patient's body does not move at all. Also, they seem to have neglected the 'P' in CPR as no one is ventilating the patient.
Not sure what the time frame is but considering that he died in the hospital, was taken to his home to be seen by grieving relatives and then was transported to the cemetery, shouldn't there at least be some evidence of rigor mortis beginning to set in?

I don't think this video is legit.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:53 AM

47 posts, read 58,310 times
It is not a movie ...it is a real circumstances..
Their are families..children ..womens..old people..patients people..under these dangerous bombs..
imagine that your family under this terrifying bombs

YouTube - The Gaza Holocaust ????? ????? ?????????? ??? ???

Old 01-10-2009, 05:49 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom for gaza View Post
These are Israeli children.
What they do with the soldiers??

They writes their peacful messages to the Palestinian children

absolutly the message is received.

IF YOU DON4T BELIEVE THE PICTUERS.
THERE IS THE VIDEO.

WATCH ONLINE.
3 CHILDREN HAVE KILLED WHEN THE ISRAEL TARGET UNRWA's SCHOOLS LAST 2 DAYS.

YouTube - تأثر المذيع جمال ريان بصور استشهاد الأطفال الأربعة

You seem to be a member of the Hamas Propaganda wing.....

You only show carnage from one side - why not photos of any of the Israeli's blown to bits by suicide bombers, or women and children slaughtered in their beds by Hamas terrorists???

All that it would take for this suffering to end would be for Hamas to recognize Israel's right to exist, and to halt attacks against Israel...

And if Hamas didn't use women and children as intentional HUMAN SHIELDS, these casualties would never have happened...

You really should be quite angry at Hamas for intentionally inflicting such harm on it's own people for political advantage.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom for gaza View Post
I dare you. give me a pictuer that show Israeli children killed by Hamas.

Hamas and the resistance send the rockets, after 6 months of suffering and the Gaza's siege.

anwsear me, why Israel target The civilians???

Hamas and the resistance didn't use the civilians as intentional HUMAN SHIELDS.

Israel did it.
You are deranged... Hamas has been firing thousands of rockets at Israel over the past 6 years... well over 6,000... Israel showed incredible restraint in not fighting back sooner.

You parade the photos of dead Palestinians like some sort of trophy to further your pathetic cause.

And I am not going to post graphic pictures like you are... I think you are pathetic for doing so... but there is no doubt whatsoever that Hamas and Hezbolah have over the years slaughtered many innocent Israelis - just like Al Queda slaughtered thousands of innocent Americans on 9/11. You see, Islamic Terrorism is the root of all these problems - and it shows no signs of abating any time soon..

Just read this in the news - Israel is going to step-up it's attacks on Gaza in response to more Hamas rocket attacks... They are dropping leaflets in Gaza to warn civilians to take cover - do you think the savages in Hamas would ever warn Israelis's of impending suicide bomber attacks or rocket attacks??

Old 01-10-2009, 07:01 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
I think the following pictures sums things up well.

http://www.norskisraelsenter.no/images/terrorism/plo/baby-vogn-plo.gif (broken link)

Old 01-10-2009, 07:38 AM

13,213 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I think the following pictures sums things up well.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies