Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,674,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
You are right, the Palestinian women don't know how lucky they really are to have such a noble race blowing their neighborhoods and families up consistently and repetitively in an operation that has now gotten completely out of control.
That wasn't what I was saying, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. How about all those Israeli civilians who were killed and maimed by Palestinian bombs and rockets -- ever get worked up about them? Where is your righteous indignation when non-Israeli Jews get murdered in the name of "anti-Zionism"?

Quote:
I have no problem with anyone playing the "Hitler" card, I have family that helped put an end to him (you're welcome).
Three of my four grandparents served in the Soviet Army during World War II -- all three in combat. But it was nice of you to assume I have your family to thank. I'm sure that righteous indignation and magnanimity of yours is the reason only 14 members of my family were taken to real concentration camps, and a whopping number of 1 came back. We Hebes and Russkis are eternally in your debt.

Quote:
So long as people playing the card do not attempt to use it 60 years later as some perverted justification for the current murdering that is now taking place at the hands of the Holocaust victims' offspring.
It will quite sooner be used as some perverted justification to murder Holocaust victims' offspring -- and is.

Last edited by Redisca; 01-12-2009 at 04:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 03:30 PM

10 posts, read 10,835 times
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7452/30622919au9.jpg (broken link)

who is the soldier pointing is run at?? where is Hamas hidding behind the children as you say

Old 01-12-2009, 03:30 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,206,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
And you would spend a decade or two in prison for your crime. Who judges Israel for theirs?
If you go back and read what I said you will know I said "If you fire at me I will fire back" That would be self defense, no prison time for that, same for Israel, Hamas fired first. So Israel had the right to self defense. Get It?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Should I take it you go fishing with dynamite, Mr. Sportsman? Your willingness to trivialize the situation puts you in no good light whatsoever...
Now you're getting mad! I in no way "trivialize the situation" in anyway. I'm just not on your side.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODO2009 View Post

who is the soldier pointing is run at?? where is Hamas hidding behind the children as you say
Fake Photo... Try again...

Old 01-12-2009, 03:38 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,153,802 times
Quote:
Should I take it you go fishing with dynamite
Using that reasoning, it would seem that Israel gets to lob over 7,000 Kassams, plus a few dozen factory made rockets and over a thousand mortar shells into Gaza, just to be proportionate...

Old 01-12-2009, 03:43 PM

10 posts, read 10,835 times

where is hamas here??

Quote:
Fake Photo... Try again...
what is it that bothers you because its the truth isnt it?? if you have a guilty concionce then that a deferent story

Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,415,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
And you believe that Israel should just continue to take this? Did you post in objection to the continuing rocket attacks too?
Let it be quite plain that Hamas' firing of Qassam rockets into Israel is a war crime on three or four separate counts. I am not in the habit of supporting war crimes.

But turn your first question around. Do you believe that the Palestinians should just continue to take this? Being barricaded into a virtual concentration camp, then denied food, water, electricity, and medical care with their political leadership targeted for death?

How can it be that your question should play one way for the Israelis and quite another for the Palestinians? Is there to be no sense of justice or fairness in these matters at all???

Old 01-12-2009, 03:48 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,153,802 times
Quote:
Let it be quite plain that Hamas' firing of Qassam rockets into Israel is a war crime on three or four separate counts. I am not in the habit of supporting war crimes.

But turn your question around. Do you believe that the Palestinians should just continue to take this? Being barricaded into a virtual concentration camp, then denied food, water, electricity, and medical care with their political leadership targeted for death?

How can it be that your question should play one way for the Israelis and quite another for the Palestinians? Is there to be no sense of justice or fairness in these matters at all???
No, I think it should apply to all parties. How are the larger new rockets getting into Gaza? There have to be new larger tunnels getting these to the area. Hamas needs to stop this behavior, but they haven't agreed with the Egyptian cease fire proposals.

The international community has had plenty of time to address the Gaza issue, and to get the tensions lower.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:52 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,415,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If you go back and read what I said you will know I said "If you fire at me I will fire back" That would be self defense, no prison time for that, same for Israel, Hamas fired first. So Israel had the right to self defense. Get It?
When one uses quote marks, what the person being quoted actually said is supposed to go in between. Here is what you actually said...

It doesn't mater if if was 1 or 24, shoot at me and had you better have big guns because I will come back with everything I have and that is just what Israel did.

Your unhesitating and disproportionate response will quickly invalidate your claim of self defense. Just as is the case with Israel, an affront cannot be construed as a license to barbarism. I hope you look good in a jumpsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies