Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the News Media: Pro-Hamas, Pro-Israel or Fairly Reporting The News
Pro-Hamas 75 35.21%
Pro-Israel 98 46.01%
Fairly Reporting The News 21 9.86%
Other 8 3.76%
Not Sure 11 5.16%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
OK, I misintepreted you.

I don't think there's any organized plan to "infiltrate and destroy". I think Europe's problem is that they don't do a good job of integrating immigrants into the society, unlike the US.
I don't think there's any "organized plan" among the immigrants themselves. But I do think there is an organized intent among the extremists. As for Europe: I agree that they don't do a good job of integrating immigrants into their societies. But, to be fair, some immigrant groups are not the least bit interested in "integrating." The Muslim society in England, for example, demanded and were given (incredibly) their own court of sharia law for the resolution of civil cases. Given the fact that Sharia is an oppressive legal system, especially where women are concerned, means that this development has the potential of preventing, rather than encouraging integration into Western society--as well as furthering alienation.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4749183.ece
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 03:15 PM

Another perspective:

'We want to offer sharia law to Britain' - Telegraph

Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
How about some videos of innocent children murdered by the zionazis?
Hey, you are free to voice your opinions like everyone but using terms like "zionazi's" is crude and disgusting not to mention rather antisemitic. Not everyone in Israel supports what is taking place, not even everyone in the Israeli military supports these actions so making such comments pretty much destroys any credibility you have to bring to this discussion. I don't appreciate it and I suspect most others do not either.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Here's a video of the IAF hitting a Mosque - and just watch all the secondary explosions from the weapons that were being stored in the Mosque...

Of course, terrorist sympathizers will probably say that the prayer rugs must have unknowingly have been made of C4...

YouTube - Weapons in Gaza Mosque Struck by Israel Air Force 1 Jan. 2009

Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Follow along, since the Israeli Prime Minister is quoted as having ordered the raid which essentially broke the ceasefire. So if you are calling the Prime Minister of Israel a liar, then feel free.

Barak: Israel wants Gaza truce intact despite raid
Reuters AlertNet - Barak: Israel wants Gaza truce intact despite raid

Read slowly now... AFTER the Israeli raid, which later drew fire. Hence the rocket fire followed the Israeli raid.

How about we quote Israels largest newspaper, will that satisfy you?

VIDEO / In continued escalation, Gazans shell Israel after deadly IDF raid
VIDEO / In continued escalation, Gazans shell Israel after deadly IDF raid - Haaretz - Israel News

Israel's 'victories' in Gaza come at a steep price
Israel's 'victories' in Gaza come at a steep price | csmonitor.com

No matter how you cut it, Israel herself has admitted to breaking the truce. You can deny it and you can deny gravity but it still don't make it so.

As to being offended, I don't blame you it was meant to be an absurd statement made to make a point. I find your sentiments towards other human beings to be equally offensive. You say they were warned and should leave, where the hell are they going to go? They are in a small walled off city that is under constant barrage, aerial bombardment, shelling... there is no place to run there is no place to hide, there is no egress from the slaughter. They merely wait to die.
Why do you insist on misreading my posts?

I didn't deny it. The link I provided didn't deny it. It merely offered the reasoning behind it.

I did not say they were warned and should leave. I said that Hamas was warned of the targeted facilities, to which they responded by relocating innocent people into those facilities.

As for your categorical statement that my "sentiments towards other human beings" are "offensive." What "human beings"? I stated just a few posts back that I have sympathy for any target of a terrorist attack, Muslim or non-Muslim. I have stated, more than once, that I think Israel's response was not warranted and that they should pull out immediately, especially because innocent civilians were being killed.

But I'm fully aware that, on this forum, any defense of Israel or the Jews is seen as being monstrous. It's always been that way.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Ignorance is bliss for you I see. Let me give you a clue. Ashkenazic and Sephardic Jews, the two classifications of the Jewish people. Ashkenazic Jews are literally European bloodline Jews, converts to the religion with no real blood ties to the holy land. Yet they make up the largest percentage of the population in Israel and are the ruling class. Sephardic Jews are Jews of middle eastern decent, bloodline Jews with ties to the holy land. They are treated as second class citizens in their own country. As I said, read a book instead of visiting hate sites for your information. I personally have never even visited this site because I know what it is about and that is not what I am about.

Your words, while amusing, only serve to show how pathetically misinformed and uneducated you are. Yet you continue to comment on the situation as if you have real knowledge. Yes, Reads2Much is my username. And there is a reason for that. You can try your best to bring people to your side with witty comments and racially charged accusations but in the end you just look foolish and rude.
Sigh... got it all figured out, do you? If you'd bothered reading the Wikipedia link on the history of Ashenazism that TnHillTopper posted, you wouldn't be embarrassing yourself like this. Remember, this is his link, not mine. Ashkenazi Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It turns out to be a very good reference for this discussion. Let's start here:

"Who is an Ashkenazi Jew?
The exact definition of Jewishness is not universally agreed upon -- neither by religious scholars (especially across different denominations), nor in the context of politics (as applied to those who wish to make Aliyah), nor even in the conventional, everyday sense where 'Jewishness' may be loosely understood by the casual observer as encompassing both religious and secular Jews, or religious Jews alone. This makes it especially difficult to define who is an Ashkenazi Jew, because Ashkenazi Jews have been defined by different people using religious, cultural, or ethnic perspectives.
"

Ok, so the topic is complicated enough that religious scholars can't provide an exact definition it, and here you are providing some little pat definition of Ashkenazim, drawing your own conclusions from them, and citing them as if they were facts.

Regardless, and I hate to burst your bubble, but there is DNA evidence tying Ashkenazis to middle east origin.

"A study of haplotypes of the Y chromosome, published in 2000, addressed the paternal origins of Ashkenazi Jews. Hammer et al[15] found that the Y chromosome of some Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews contained mutations that are also common among Middle Eastern peoples, but uncommon in the general European population. This suggested that the male ancestors of the Ashkenazi Jews could be traced mostly to the Middle East."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
PSS I also realize that you completely misunderstood the meaning of my post so I feel I should clear this up. It has nothing to do with race. I was simply making the point that the majority of Jews in Israel today are not bloodline Jews, they are converts to the religion. I don't care who wants to be a part of what religion. That was not the point. Hell, I am not even white. I am more Native American than anything. There was no hateful intent to the post. Just an attempt to separate blood from convert.
Your point would be moot anyway. Even if it were true that the Ashkenazi lineage was 100% descended from converts, which it's not, those people would have converted in the middle-ages. Israel makes no distinction between Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews for the purposes of Aliyah, or the right for Jews to be welcome there. Hitler didn't give a fig what kind of Jew they were, nor does anybody else in this forum near as I can tell. Except you for some reason. Israel is the Jewish homeland, not a homeland specifically for Jews whose original ancestry can be specifically traced back to the middle east.

You said "There is no such thing as a white Jew", and I called you on that. Google that phrase and see what pops up, which is what I did. You get hate sites like Stormfront.org. In all of the internet, there is not a single academic reference to that or anything similar (like "Jews can't be white", etc). It only occurs in antisemitic texts. That's not me calling you antisemitic, I never did that. However, your words, and indeed the conclusions that you yourself are inventing and citing on this forum as if they're some kind of fact are the same arguments as used on white-supremest and other hate sites.

Here's another clip from Wikipedia.

"Literature about the alleged Turkic origin of the Ashkenazi population, as descendants of the Jewish population, converts or otherwise, appeared mainly after 1950. Although it has been speculated that the peaceful life lived by the Jews of Khazaria was contrived or exaggerated, and publicized primarily in an effort to shame European leaders into treating their Jewish populations better, the Jewish-Khazar thesis is used today primarily as a whipping horse for antisemites claiming that the Ashkenazim are actually not semites. This dubious theory holds that Ashkenazim should be hated for pretending to be "real" Jews, because they are not actually Jewish. In any case, most scholarship on the subject dismisses the Khazar-Ashkenazi relationship, if not rejecting the portrayed Jewish golden age of Khazaria altogether."

So it's not just me saying this, but intentionally or otherwise, you've treaded into antisemitic territory with your writings on this forum.

Last edited by kdog; 01-06-2009 at 04:43 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 03:30 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Here's a video clip of HAMAS firing mortars from the UN School in Gaza. It's not from the current conflict - but clearly demonstrates how Hamas totally ignores the rules of war.

YouTube - Mortar Bombs Shot from UN School in Gaza 29 Oct. 2007

Like I said - perfectly legitimate military target.

Last edited by mrbob; 01-06-2009 at 03:39 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 03:30 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,595 times
I agree with what you wrote, but I still don't see it as a worldwide threat. The US doesn't have a network of mostly Muslim ex-colonies with which it has agreements to let people emigrate from. The Muslims in the US are for the most part not extreme. Even with England's problems, there are tons of native Britons, Hindus and others there who will never consent to a Sharia takeover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I don't think there's any "organized plan" among the immigrants themselves. But I do think there is an organized intent among the extremists. As for Europe: I agree that they don't do a good job of integrating immigrants into their societies. But, to be fair, some immigrant groups are not the least bit interested in "integrating." The Muslim society in England, for example, demanded and were given (incredibly) their own court of sharia law for the resolution of civil cases. Given the fact that Sharia is an oppressive legal system, especially where women are concerned, means that this development has the potential of preventing, rather than encouraging integration into Western society--as well as furthering alienation.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4749183.ece

Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Hey, you are free to voice your opinions like everyone but using terms like "zionazi's" is crude and disgusting not to mention rather antisemitic. Not everyone in Israel supports what is taking place, not even everyone in the Israeli military supports these actions so making such comments pretty much destroys any credibility you have to bring to this discussion. I don't appreciate it and I suspect most others do not either.
Point taken...apologies to all

Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,349 times
How would the so called “civilized world” react,and what an outcry if these words were spoken by a Muslim religious figure !?

Eliyahu advocates carpet bombing Gaza
All civilians living in Gaza are collectively guilty for Kassam attacks on Sderot, former Sephardi chief rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu has written in a letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
Eliyahu ruled that there was absolutely no moral prohibition against the indiscriminate killing of civilians during a potential massive military offensive on Gaza aimed at stopping the rocket launchings.
The letter, published in Olam Katan [Small World], a weekly pamphlet to be distributed in synagogues nationwide this Friday, cited the biblical story of the Shechem massacre (Genesis 34) and Maimonides’ commentary (Laws of Kings 9, 14) on the story as proof texts for his legal decision.
“If they don’t stop after we kill 100, then we must kill a thousand,” said Shmuel Eliyahu. “And if they do not stop after 1,000 then we must kill 10,000. If they still don’t stop we must kill 100,000, even a million. Whatever it takes to make them stop."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies