Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Hey Hey - let's not be confusing people with something simple and logical like that. We're talking about REAL things here, like a woman who had a sex change operation but got her/himself pregnant. Good quality stuff like that!
That kid is gonna be so screwed up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 08:37 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That kid is gonna be so screwed up!
"Mommy, where's daddy?"

"I'm here! Duhh!"

"But you look like Mommy."

"I am! Duhh!"

"What time is my therapist appointment Mommy?"

"Call me daddy, dangit! And your appointment isn't until 3:00."

Old 01-03-2009, 08:50 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
And what about people who do not believe in God? Stop assuming everyone believe in God. I don't and people like you push me further away and find more things wrong about religion.

What "purpose" are people after to hijack marriage? Why are you so insecure? Why do you care about gay sex and straight sex? It is NOT always about their sex lives or whatever...it is about love. Christians claim they are all about love and then they come and say this?

Why?

Not one Christian has been able to answer these questions for me. Not ONE!

And this is such a horrible post. I cannot believe I sat here reading it. We do not like in the stone age anymore. Not everyone will turn out to be gay, you know? You can have your marriage and the 50 percent divorce rate.

Why do you all assume we believe in God?
You have your own views about God & religion & people should respect that view.
As one myself who believes in God...all I can say is..Stop & look at the sky, maybe when sunset or at night..Look around you...the wonders of this world,the stars etc...How can all this be a matter of coincidence? The stars just happened to form that way, the planets too, the earth just happened...all this and that due to chance? The earth and its inhabitants...all a matter of chance? Impossible...There has to be a Creator..

Maybe you should step outside the boundaries of Christianity. The answer might not be found there because even the Church is not sure about a lot of things. Why not explore Hindusim, Buddhism or Islam? Don't let negative western views deter you from the search for truth. For example, did you know that the highest convertion rates in Islam are that of young educated western women? Funny isnt it considering how the media always potray the muslim women as backwards or oppressed etc. Yet what possessed these bright intelligent women to accept? Men, money or just following a fad? Or maybe the reason could be..they read and researched..and what comes next came naturally for them.
Could be for you too if you are willing to explore beyond your boundaries..

Thank you

Old 01-03-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
As one myself who believes in God...all I can say is..Stop & look at the sky, maybe when sunset or at night..Look around you...the wonders of this world,the stars etc...How can all this be a matter of coincidence? The stars just happened to form that way, the planets too, the earth just happened...all this and that due to chance? The earth and its inhabitants...all a matter of chance? Impossible...There has to be a Creator..

Maybe you should step outside the boundaries of Christianity. The answer might not be found there because even the Church is not sure about a lot of things. Why not explore Hindusim, Buddhism or Islam? Don't let negative western views deter you from the search for truth. For example, did you know that the highest convertion rates in Islam are that of young educated western women? Funny isnt it considering how the media always potray the muslim women as backwards or oppressed etc. Yet what possessed these bright intelligent women to accept? Men, money or just following a fad? Or maybe the reason could be..they read and researched..and what comes next came naturally for them.

Thank you

I'm not sure what the pitch is here. Both males and females immigrate from Islamic countries, but males are the only ones who interact in any significant way with the opposite sex once here. They marry western females who convert to Islam. It would work the other way except no one is trying to immigrate to Islamic nations. But if someone did and they converted a muslim to any religion from Islam, they would be executed. Freedom of religion exists in western nations only.

You had it right the first time, men and money. Islam is and always has been a fraudulent religion that evangelizes at the point of a sword. This is done because Islam doesn't stand up to the light of day. The Bible predicted a false prophet and the Dome of the Rock is the smoking gun that points to Islam being his false religion. Jesus is the only one who fulfills the prophesies set aside for the Messiah. Only by faith in Jesus Christ can a person be redeemed. There is no other.

http://www.fishhouseministries.com/p...hapters1-9.pdf

Fish House Books

Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
Thank you. I'm sorry but all these gay and black threads are too repetitive. Should citydata create two more sub-forums: one for gay discussion, and one for the discussion of black people? I ignore these repetitive threads but they are so many and so popular that they tend to push the threads focusing about other topics to the back.

You object to my thread because it is popular and pushes the ones you want to the back? So go to the back and get one you do like or start your own thread.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:58 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post

Thank you
Thank you for your thoughtful post. I am grateful. Thank you for understanding my feelings in this by suggesting religions! I have tried Christianity but could never be Christian. I find too much wrong with it and I do not like the idea of denying people rights. I would never try Islam because...well..maybe later. Haha.

I have explored Hinduism, Buddhism (I LOVED Buddhism) and other religions but none of them really feel right for me.

I do not know where I stand religiously but I do know I will always be pro choice and always will be for gay marriage.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Why do you seem to be so offended by someone offering their opinion? Who are you to "judge" the OP as insecure? It is the OP's opinion and belief, nothing more. One might ask why you are so insecure with the OP's post. Why is that?

Is there something that makes YOU feel insecure about the OP expressing their view of a lifestyle of which they don't approve?

Does it offend you that someone has a differing opinion than you?

How does it feel to be questioned about your very belief system; something that is ingrained in your psyche?

You seem to be so very defensive and offended by the OP's opinion; let it be their opinion. Defend yours if you will but don't accuse others of being insecure just because you disagree with their opinions.

BTW, I have Gay neighbors, and they are fine neighbors. They are welcome to my neighborhood although I don't subscribe to their lifestyle.
By just reading the Bible Verse under your posts, I am not going to even try to give you a reply.

No, it does not offend me that someone has a different opinion. Trust me, I am used to that. I have been constantly picked on and damned to Hell by Christians. I was even spit on once by people for that reason. So trust me, I know. I have been questioned about my very belief system. By no one else other than Christians.

I have said over and over again that I do not care if anyone is Christian. Just don't stop these people from getting married and letting them be happy. Some posts I read on here are just heartbreaking. Some people actually believe single people should not be able to adopt. How cruel is that? To deny a child a home because the parent is single..or gay? I have my opinion about Christianity and you have yours.

Every time I talk to someone who is very much into religion it does not end up pretty.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm not sure what the pitch is here. Both males and females immigrate from Islamic countries, but males are the only ones who interact in any significant way with the opposite sex once here. They marry western females who convert to Islam. It would work the other way except no one is trying to immigrate to Islamic nations. But if someone did and they converted a muslim to any religion from Islam, they would be executed. Freedom of religion exists in western nations only.

You had it right the first time, men and money. Islam is and always has been a fraudulent religion that evangelizes at the point of a sword. This is done because Islam doesn't stand up to the light of day. The Bible predicted a false prophet and the Dome of the Rock is the smoking gun that points to Islam being his false religion. Jesus is the only one who fulfills the prophesies set aside for the Messiah. Only by faith in Jesus Christ can a person be redeemed. There is no other.

http://www.fishhouseministries.com/p...hapters1-9.pdf

Fish House Books
Wow..way to be respectful of other faiths.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Second time I am asking you. Can you please answer my post instead of avoiding it? Also would you be against civil unions if it was EXACTLY the same thing as marriage and equal to a straight unions?

Thanks in advance.
I would not be against civil unions if they were equivalent to marriage in the eyes of the state.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I would not be against civil unions if they were equivalent to marriage in the eyes of the state.
Hi Ms.Connie!

I was just thinking about you today. How has your New Years been?

And thanks for your statement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies