Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:40 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,441,822 times

Advertisements

I'm a conseravtive, but I don't think it'll ever happen because his brothers massive unpopularity has tarnished the family name. Would Americans actually put another Bush into the Oval Office after what they've seen the past 8 years?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ush-president/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 12:45 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
I normally poo-poo all those famous people who swear they will move to another country if XYZ is elected. However, if we were to suffer the nightmare of Bush, Volume III, I truly believe that DH & I would seriously consider relocating to Europe for the duration.

Fortunately, Bush II has pretty much destroyed that so-called legacy.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I'm a conseravtive, but I don't think it'll ever happen because his brothers massive unpopularity has tarnished the family name. Would Americans actually put another Bush into the Oval Office after what they've seen the past 8 years?

Bush 41: Jeb Bush for President - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker
Jeb probably would have made a descent President...

Fact is, however, Dubya has left a horrid tastes in people's mouths for another Bush in the White House...

I think Jeb could successfully run for Senator from Florida, but President is pretty much out of the question.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Bush I was never popular, or trusted... he was tolerated. I dont understand why he's presented as some sort of statesman emeritus now. Probably because he's more or less from the sacred golden Reagan era. Of course he's going to suggest Jeb. He suggested George, and we bought that. He used Dan Quayle to get "the woman vote" (and as a human shield) and we bought that. If we indicate we dont learn from the past we really cant blame these people for disrespecting us this way.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:06 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
I wouldn't be surprised to see some posts on here from our favorite conservatives touting Jeb as president. These are the same people who rally against a Clinton legacy.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
If Fox tells them to....

Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Oh God NO!

Bush I destroyed the Reagan Revolution and everything it worked to accomplish.

Jr. destroyed the entire Republican Party by being a twin to the LBJ administration.

and little Jeb basically destroyed the State of Florida.

Thanks to the Bush "RINO" family we are now facing the most radical leftist incoming administration in our nations history and only by the power of God and pure blind luck we make it to 2012, the last thing we will need is yet another big government liberal.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:13 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see some posts on here from our favorite conservatives touting Jeb as president. These are the same people who rally against a Clinton legacy.
Sorry, but Bush is not a conservative. Bush is nothing more than a big government neo-con that made the LBJ administration look conservative.
I always get a kick of how the left calls Bush a right wing politician. If you actually look at the true conservative mantra, Bush is anything but. McCain was no different, thus Obama's win. One cannot be a true conservative and be a Bush supporter. Didn't vote for him, nor his Dad, and sure as Hell would not vote for his brother.

I stongly feel that the conservative movement in America died with Reagan. Even FDR would be shaking his head today with all that is going on in America.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Sorry, but Bush is not a conservative. Bush is nothing more than a big government neo-con that made the LBJ administration look conservative.
I always get a kick of how the left calls Bush a right wing politician. If you actually look at the true conservative mantra, Bush is anything but. McCain was no different, thus Obama's win. One cannot be a true conservative and be a Bush supporter. Didn't vote for him, nor his Dad, and sure as Hell would not vote for his brother.

I stongly feel that the conservative movement in America died with Reagan. Even FDR would be shaking his head today with all that is going on in America.
I see, well why don't you take a look at just one aspect of being a conservative, usually...the environment. Now why don't you take a look at how Bush & his cronies have done what they could do to ruin it to profit big money. Take a look at a thread I just started today.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I dont think another Bush gets into office if his name is Jeb, George, or Reggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies