Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 07:17 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
All that matters to me is that Democrats continue to increase their majorities, and for the last couple of years, it's been going pretty well.

Coulter is just a polarizing noise machine who does little to draw moderates into the Republican/conservative view of the world. If anything, she pushes more people away than she draws in.
Don't throw your shoulder out of joint, patting yourself on the back, just yet.

These political party swings are very typical and very cyclical. Remember the "Reagan Revolution" in the 80s? And how the Republicans barn-stormed Congress in the 90s? Republicans had both the Executive and Legislative Branches during the early 2000s.

Now the Democrats have both. It won't be long before Americans - always short-sighted and selfish - begin blaming the Democrats for everything that's wrong in the world. And guess what? The tide will shift again.

It always does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 07:40 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The vacuum.........................
I wish I understood your post. I am sorry I don't know what you are meaning for me to understand. PM me if you like. I truly mean this in the most positive sense.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
I wish I understood your post. I am sorry I don't know what you are meaning for me to understand. PM me if you like. I truly mean this in the most positive sense.
Vacuum....a lack of nothing. Like in space... Although there is more there than nothing that's the general idea...

Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post

As someone added I did mean the nothingesss of her mind but I was probably off base, she's certtainly quite full of herself in her mind. It's the place we hold a sense of humanity that in her case appears to contain a vacuum.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:55 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
looks like all the celebrating was a bit premature..

Coulter 'delighted' she isn't banned from NBC - TODAY: People - TODAYshow.com

Quote:
She was invited back later on Tuesday — eight hours after Drudge broke his story, she told Lauer.

Lauer told Coulter that the reason her segment was dropped Tuesday was to make way for a live report from Israel on the conflict in Gaza by former British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Coulter was NEVER banned from NBC to start with. This was a Coulter ploy to illicit sympathy and evoke some kind of victim status.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 AM

Right.... It just took them 8 hours to figure out they could have her on the next day.... (her words not mine)

Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Funny how the RW **** comes on TV and whines that they are discriminating against her book promotion that accuses the Democrats of being whiners.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Funny how the RW **** comes on TV and whines that they are discriminating against her book promotion that accuses the Democrats of being whiners.
Not really it just shows how intolerant the left is but their retraction says a lot more.... Couldn't have Coulter on because of time issues but Perez Hilton still made it... And then the actual interview.... Lowrly (sp?) couldn't have made himself fit the irate liberal costume any better than he did...

Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Not really it just shows how intolerant the left is but their retraction says a lot more.... Couldn't have Coulter on because of time issues but Perez Hilton still made it... And then the actual interview.... Lowrly (sp?) couldn't have made himself fit the irate liberal costume any better than he did...
Exactly. Have you ever known NBC to cancel a die hard liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies