Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,166 times

Advertisements

Date line predator show doing Flagler beach Florida tonight at 8 pm

Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,309 times
Darn, I missed it! I really wanted to see it, I remember when they did the sting it was in the paper...

Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
It must run twice- I saw it last week, I think Thursday.

I love that show- what morons these guys are...

Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
It must run twice- I saw it last week, I think Thursday.

I love that show- what morons these guys are...
If that show has done anything, it shows how powerful that compulsion is. They do it beyond any reason or consequences. It really puts the addiction in perspective, I don't think you can cure those guys. They risk throwing away their jobs, marriages pretty much their lives completely over the short term pleasure they seek. And if you were to let them go they will do it again.

Last edited by macguy; 03-06-2007 at 09:37 PM..

Old 03-06-2007, 10:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
It's also eye opening to see how many of the creeps are immigrants. I am upset with the premise of the program and our legal system. Since no childeren are actually involved in the sting I feel the charges are unconstitutional. Yet people gladly give up their rights for the sake of childern. Perhaps if parents actually supervised their childern the creeps would have no opportunity to contaminate the minds of others. Also I am surprised that none of them haven't just pulled out a gun and started firing at Chris Hansen and the camera guys. They are dealing with some mentally disturbed individuals.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
It's also eye opening to see how many of the creeps are immigrants. I am upset with the premise of the program and our legal system. Since no childeren are actually involved in the sting I feel the charges are unconstitutional. Yet people gladly give up their rights for the sake of childern. Perhaps if parents actually supervised their childern the creeps would have no opportunity to contaminate the minds of others. Also I am surprised that none of them haven't just pulled out a gun and started firing at Chris Hansen and the camera guys. They are dealing with some mentally disturbed individuals.
Last week a guy committed suicide while they were filming. This week it was very close to something happening. A guy who was a cop and fully armed showed up and didn't go inside. When the cops grabbed him the car was full of guns and over 800 rounds of amo.

The reason they are arrested is they are charged with soliciting to have sex with a minor. They have to have been very specific on line. They arrest them even if they do come to the house. They just go and pick them up, plus they charge them with various laws they break involving the internet. People often get themselves into trouble by not knowing the law. I knew a guy who went to jail for 15 years trying to sell a stolen car. He used the phone and called the guy interstate, triggering a list of federal laws he had never even heard of.

If you plan on committing crime you better know the law or you can compound the offenses. I knew another guy who was facing 50 years because he called a witness. They charged him with added offenses of witness tampering. He ended up serving five years and it all had to do with the federal charge. He would have gotten probation otherwise.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
This would be a good way to set someone up then. Hack their computer, chat with a cop and send dirty pics of the person you want to frame. WOW this is too easy! Almost as much fun as making fake garage sale signs with soneone's address you don't like so the zoning department sends them fines. I have a real problem with the multitude of stupid laws filling up the prisons.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
This would be a good way to set someone up then. Hack their computer, chat with a cop and send dirty pics of the person you want to frame. WOW this is too easy! Almost as much fun as making fake garage sale signs with soneone's address you don't like so the zoning department sends them fines. I have a real problem with the multitude of stupid laws filling up the prisons.
People like to say that but pretty much all the people in jail belong there. They give probation and let guys walk at the drop of a hat anymore. They let guys walk that commit crimes while they are out awaiting trial for something else. Don't be feeling sorry for anybody in jail, all things being equal there should he many times more in there, the court system is easy.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:19 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,082,740 times
If those sickos would only learn about abstinence and a few other things, they wouldnt have legal problems. Solicting adults will get you in trouble, solicting minors doubles your trouble. Double trouble!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
If those sickos would only learn about abstinence and a few other things, they wouldnt have legal problems. Solicting adults will get you in trouble, solicting minors doubles your trouble. Double trouble!
abstinence????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies