Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I cant believe he lost either, since alot of those votes that acorn found and other liberals groups found had alot of wrong dates on them or did not follow election laws here in minnesota.

take all those illegal votes out and see how frankenstien does then.

coleman shall contest them in court and the winner of MN state senate race might not be decided for months.

I also notice how alot of liberal senators congratulate frankenstein on his win, but I bet if it would be on the other foot, they would be screaming for a recount again and again.
Sour grapes... sour grapes... sour grapes... sour grapes... sour grapes...

Get the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Right, just like in Florida during Gore's run. I seem to remember you righties calling the dems a bunch of crybabys & to get on w/it. What, is it a different story when the shoe's on your foot now?
Several differences:

1. Every recount in Florida netted more votes for Bush.
2. There are several hundred Minnesota ballots - ballots that are overwhelmingly for Coleman - that have been disallowed by the courts. I assume it's for legitimate reasons, but I'm not sure.

That said, let's get on with it. Franken is a complete dirtbag and doofus. He is a pathetic joke. And I have absolutely no idea how anybody could have voted for him. All of my family & friends, who still live in Minnesota, cannot figure out how he got even 100 votes in the whole state. Even so, he was elected to the Senate, so that's where he'll be.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:35 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Newly elected Oregon Senator, Democrat Jeff Merkley sworn in today by Vice President Dick Cheney

He replaces Republican Gordon Smith who he defeated in November...

Associated Press

Old 01-06-2009, 05:46 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
One of out of five Americans think that Republican Dick Cheney is the worst vice president in American history.

CNN....1/6/09

Last edited by Captain Crunch; 01-06-2009 at 05:57 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 05:47 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Please keep in mind..

CONservative is a brain disorder......
"If reality wasn't so serious, liberalism would be mere comic relief for the thinking mind."

Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Sounds like a troll thread... I have a number of reasons why..

#1. No article. If he is a sore loser, why can't we have an article so we can read a bit more about him? I don't judge before I know a bit more about someone, and even though I should have kept track of this story, I didn't. I am probably not alone.

#2. Sandpaper is coarse. You meant course.

By the way, this guy isn't even all that bad. I have seen much much worse. And for the record, if you need a lesson on what a sore loser is, perhaps you should revisit the 2000 election year?

LOL
rep +1

Old 01-06-2009, 06:31 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
One of out of five Americans think that Republican Dick Cheney is the worst vice president in American history.

CNN....1/6/09
The one was the only person who remembered who was vice president. I wonder if they asked any of those people to name other past vice presidents?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 PM

136 posts, read 462,104 times
Al Franken anti-semetic? Isn't he Jewish?

He may be a clown, but how is he anti-semetic?

Jeff

Old 01-06-2009, 07:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
You are actually proud to say you elected this guy?

The really bad part about him is he isn't a dummy. He outright knows exactly how stupid he is.

Only in America can a failed radio host become a Senator....

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM

7 posts, read 12,758 times
Why is it so very hard for you to see how this election is very crooked? Is it hard to figure out that when hundreds of votes are "found" and some have the wrong election date stamped on them (not a smart Democrat who can't even cheat right) that there is something very, very wrong with that election?

Cheating during elections is not something that should be looked at in a partisan way. Cheating during elections is something that hurts all Americans in a bipartisan way. If cheaters get away with things, then the cheating just goes on and on and on.....

Just a point that should probably be in another thread- the electoral college should be done away with and popular vote should always, always rule. But that popular vote needs to be fair no matter what. In the case of Minn. with Franken and Coleman, something is very fishy there. Any moron can see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies