Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Soo...based on a few biased sites and views a person has to assume that his beliefs are false etc?
I would assume that if you are shown sites disputing the divinity of Christ..you would then disavow all that you believe about your church etc etc?

Nope. Because the prophesies concerning Christ have come to be at the exact time they were supposed to. Check out the 70 weeks of Daniel. The numbers either add up or they don't. It just so happens that they do. The holocaust coming at the end of a period of Israel's punishment causing the rebirth of Israel at the precise time that was prophesied is validation of my beliefs. When you dig a little deeper, you find that what is written in the Bible is irrefutable. But don't take my word for it. Do the math. See for yourself. I got plenty more where that came from.

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

NETBible: Daniel 12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Let me ask you then... I am sure you believe that the bible is God's word right? Then how do you justify the numerous contradictions that abound in it? I won't post anything because this is not a thread for it

Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Yet another case of 'my invisible friend is better than your invisible friend'. Or maybe... I interpret myths better than you, therefore you must assimilate or die.

Ridiculous.

There will never be peace because they don't want peace.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,337 times
Quote:
Sheenie...Let me ask...these tactics used by the Israelis...who had used such tactics before?

Gosh, so glad you asked!

The Israelis have been calling the homes/schools/businesses and giving them warning...Saying that they KNOW Hamas is shooting rockets out of said home/school/business and telling the innocents to get out.

So, to answer your question. Nobody has used these "tactics" before.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you then... I am sure you believe that the bible is God's word right? Then how do you justify the numerous contradictions that abound in it? I won't post anything because this is not a thread for it

If you have the courage to read the material I provided, you will also know it to be true. Do that first.

As for what are believed by some to be contradictions, here's a link, give it a whirl!

Biblical Contradictions - Online Debate Network Forums

Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
This is probably the only post in this thread that actually addresses the issues. This isn't a one-sided proposition.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
The creation of the military base called Israel was in of itself a terrorist act, and to let that crime stand is not just an injustice against the people who lived there beforehand (mostly Arab and mostly Muslim, but also atheist, Christian, Jewish, etc), but it is an injustice against all human beings everywhere for all time!

How would you like it if some imperial superpower declared that you are now a subject of a government created for the benefit of the people who briefly had a kingdom on your land 2000 years ago?!

And the people living on that specific land are just the tip of the iceberg, because the small territorial size of Israel does not reflect its ability to project military power all over the middle east, over both the Mediterranean and the Red seas, in effect creating a choke-hold on the entire Arab and Persian civilizations! It is also the world's #3 nuclear power (in terms of warhead numbers or capability ahead of China, India, Pakistan, France, and UK), and I would say it is the one most likely to use them!

Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Momo...learn about your own religion before you start your bullsh*t about Islam
Could not agree more. I noticed this particular user has no problem putting down other religions and putting Christianity on the top.

Quote:
I AM worried about Christians (at least their leaders) using lies to justify bombing or invading my country and killing civilians.
You have every right to be worried about that. What I tend to see with Christian users is that they think Christianity is the one and only religion and any one else who tries to justify their religion should not even bother. They never once think about how their wars (This war in Iraq) is killing others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sure did read through it fast. You did read it didn't you? It would be a tremendous shock to you to find out with certanty that what you have believed all your life is false, would it not? That is what we are dealing with here today.
Oh please. Seriously, momonkey, Who are you to tell anybody what they have believed it is a lie? If YOU believe Islam and other religions are all fake, then YOU believe it. Don't say this to people so arrogantly. This is the reason why peace does not exist and will not exist. Unless you all accept each other and until you all respect each others religions, there will never be peace. And just so you know, Christianity could also be false. I don't care how badly you insist on how true it is, there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that Christianity is the one and only religion that true. Do not reply to me with Bible Verses because to me, that is evidence. I have no clue where that book came from or who wrote it but to me, it is not the word of God. Unless it fell out of the sky and landed somewhere religious, I have doubts that any religious book (Bible, Quran) are the word of God.

So please, try to stop saying things like that. This is debate. Not calling 'everything else other than my beliefs' is wrong.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 AM

Release International - Prisoners of Faith

Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Gosh, so glad you asked!

The Israelis have been calling the homes/schools/businesses and giving them warning...Saying that they KNOW Hamas is shooting rockets out of said home/school/business and telling the innocents to get out.

So, to answer your question. Nobody has used these "tactics" before.

They dropped leaflets over Lebanon to warn civilians too. Anyone see Hamas or Hezbola do something like that?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Ohh? How bout stop treating the Palestinians like prisoners...stop humiliating them...stop treating them as though Israel is the superior race
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies