Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:22 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
"Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat," he said. "I agree with their decision, and it is extremely disappointing that Governor Blagojevich has chosen to ignore it."

To:
"You know, that is a Senate matter. But I know Roland Burris. Obviously, I've -- he's from my home state. I
think he's a fine public servant. If he gets seated, then I'm going to work with Roland Burris, just like I work with all the other senators, to make sure that the people of Illinois and the people of the country are served."

Nobama is a man of such great principle, ROFL!!! You dims have been had!
Obviously!

What a total sellout!

I don't know about you, but this looks worse than the flip from "we had to invade Iraq to destroy Saddam's WMDs" to the flop of "we had to invade Iraq because (fill in the blank)_________________."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 01:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
"The dems said that no one submitted by Blago would be seated, Obama supported that position."

Check.

"Obama now says that he would work with someone he previously said
wasn't worthy of being seated. That's a flip flop boy and girls."

Ah, no, at least not in the English language.

So, lets go over this once again...

Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat," he said. "I agree with their decision, and it is extremely disappointing that Governor Blagojevich has chosen to ignore it."

Now in light of the fact that the Senate Democrats have come to realize that there is nothing that they can actually do to prevent Burris from being seated, Obama in reaction to the new reality states,

"You know, that is a Senate matter. [which it is] But I know Roland Burris. Obviously, I've -- he's from my home state. I think he's a fine public servant. If he gets seated, then I'm going to work with Roland Burris, just like I work with all the other senators, to make sure that the people of Illinois and the people of the country are served."

There is nothing in the either of the two quoted paragraphs which contradict each other. To make that point, let's combine the two as if they were a single statement.

Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat, and I agree with their decision, and it is extremely disappointing that Governor Blagojevich has chosen to ignore it. But as you know, that is a Senate matter. So, If he gets seated, then I'm going to work with Roland Burris, just like I work with all the other senators, to make sure that the people of Illinois and the people of the country are served."

Good god I must be really bored...

Old 01-07-2009, 01:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Obviously!

What a total sellout!

I don't know about you, but this looks worse than the flip from "we had to invade Iraq to destroy Saddam's WMDs" to the flop of "we had to invade Iraq because (fill in the blank)_________________."
Agree, it's incalculably worse. I dont understand how we can hear ourselves think over the frantic flapping sounds every time Hussein NObama opens his big clueless mouth. Hope you're all pleased with yourselves, dims!

Old 01-07-2009, 01:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
The dems said that no one submitted by Blago would be seated, Nobamnation supported that position.

Nobama now says that he would work with someone he previously said
wasn't worthy of being seated. That's a flip flop boy and girls.

You can say what you want but in doing so your only further prove the fact that dims are obtuse by choice.

Please state EXACTLY where/when Obama said Burris "wasn't worthy of being seated"

Or are you just a liar by choice?

Old 01-07-2009, 01:48 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Agree, it's incalculably worse. I dont understand how we can hear ourselves think over the frantic flapping sounds every time Hussein NObama opens his big clueless mouth. Hope you're all pleased with yourselves, dims!

Get real

Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
Get real
I told you, no talking down there.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I told you, no talking down there.

And I have given that comment the attention it merits.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:00 PM

So it appears.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Quote:
You can say what you want but in doing so your only further prove the fact that dims are obtuse by choice.
So, constantly calling people 'dim', referring to our POTUS in a constantly negative way with the 'n' before 'o', and referring to his political supporters as the 'obamanation' and then writing what you did above which is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears while yelling "I can't hear you I can't hear you nyah nyah nyah"

Everyone here is supposed to give you credit for anything of merit here?
We are SO not worthy.

please.

note to self: edit ignore list.....check. done.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
So, constantly calling people 'dim', referring to our POTUS in a constantly negative way with the 'n' before 'o', and referring to his political supporters as the 'obamanation' and then writing what you did above which is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears while yelling "I can't hear you I can't hear you nyah nyah nyah"

Everyone here is supposed to give you credit for anything of merit here?
We are SO not worthy.

please.

note to self: edit ignore list.....check. done.

I don't know if I'd have phrased it that way, but I'm still processing the concept that their percieved discrepancy between two press releases by a President elect is, to them, a more significant concern than 1.3 million dead, most of them innocent civilians, based on a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies