Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:50 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,792,772 times

Advertisements

Obama was elected President of the United States - get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 PM

838 posts, read 978,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
"Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat," he said. "I agree with their decision, and it is extremely disappointing that Governor Blagojevich has chosen to ignore it."

To:
"You know, that is a Senate matter. But I know Roland Burris. Obviously, I've -- he's from my home state. I
think he's a fine public servant. If he gets seated, then I'm going to work with Roland Burris, just like I work with all the other senators, to make sure that the people of Illinois and the people of the country are served."

Nobama is a man of such great principle, ROFL!!! You dims have been had!
A few things...

1. Why, if you are trying to make a point and are trying to be taken seriously, would you refert to Obama as 'Nobama' and say he 'flops like a fish,' rather than saying that Obama switched his position on a particular issue in a relatively short spand of time? Insulting rhetoric delegitimizes your argument and turns off people who may otherwise be open to your point.

2. Can you explain to me why it is necessarily a bad thing that the President-elect changed his mind? Is having the capacity to change your position on an issue as a situation changes, or upon further reflection, a bad thing!? Should a President never change his mind, no matter what?

Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 AM

24,342 posts, read 22,897,800 times
Take off your "kool aid goggles" and you'll see the flip flop.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,378,269 times
Did someone say, "kool aid"?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/skoro52/Kool-aid-GOP.jpg (broken link)

A RW specialty for over 30 years!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:59 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,363,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Take off your "kool aid goggles" and you'll see the flip flop.

A tip of the tinfoil hat to you!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 AM

479 posts, read 658,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
A few things...

1. Why, if you are trying to make a point and are trying to be taken seriously, would you refert to Obama as 'Nobama' and say he 'flops like a fish,' rather than saying that Obama switched his position on a particular issue in a relatively short spand of time? Insulting rhetoric delegitimizes your argument and turns off people who may otherwise be open to your point.

2. Can you explain to me why it is necessarily a bad thing that the President-elect changed his mind? Is having the capacity to change your position on an issue as a situation changes, or upon further reflection, a bad thing!? Should a President never change his mind, no matter what?
1. Because I took lessons from the Dims. They taught me that in order to get an audience you have to shrilly scream your opinion loudly and often. I also learned it works better when you call the opposition names. Want examples? Go back and read some of the comments leading up to the election about Bush, Palin on this forum

So...it's reap what you sow for you Dims, like it or lump it!

2. The PE is supposed to be a man of principle, instead he is proving that he will lean which ever way the wind blows. I.e....Congress doesn't want Burris, he was good with that. Then when Congress said well, maybe we can seat him suddenly Barry Nobama is good with that too. So..which is it? What does he really believe? No one knows!

I can't wait until the Russian's start pushing Barry around, oh, wait, they already are.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:25 AM

68,277 posts, read 54,024,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Please state EXACTLY where/when Obama said Burris "wasn't worthy of being seated"

Or are you just a liar by choice?

And STILL no answer from the OP to the source of his apparently baseless allegation.

Perhaps he'd be better referred to as NoAnswer?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 AM

479 posts, read 658,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And STILL no answer from the OP to the source of his apparently baseless allegation.

Perhaps he'd be better referred to as NoAnswer?

Keep drinking the cool aid boy and girls. It's apparent you're very proud of your dim status.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,908,857 times
Quote:
Keep drinking the cool aid boy and girls. It's apparent you're very proud of your dim status.

If Kool-Aideā„¢ improves your reading comprehension could I suggest the Double Double Cherry?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,726,924 times
Quote:
1. Because I took lessons from the Dims. They taught me that in order to get an audience you have to shrilly scream your opinion loudly and often. I also learned it works better when you call the opposition names. Want examples? Go back and read some of the comments leading up to the election about Bush, Palin on this forum

So...it's reap what you sow for you Dims, like it or lump it!

2. The PE is supposed to be a man of principle, instead he is proving that he will lean which ever way the wind blows. I.e....Congress doesn't want Burris, he was good with that. Then when Congress said well, maybe we can seat him suddenly Barry Nobama is good with that too. So..which is it? What does he really believe? No one knows!

I can't wait until the Russian's start pushing Barry around, oh, wait, they already are.
So some posters were insulting about Bush, Palin, or other conservatives, and you gleefully lowered your standards? That's nice. Is that something trolls do?

The President Elect is supposed to be a man of principle, and one of the principles of our federal government is the separation of powers. He states that he will respect how the Senate chooses to deal with a Blago appointment, which as President he should do, and you take it as an opportunity to demean him.

Russia's not pushing "Barry" around, there are still a few days before "Barry" is in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies