Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2009, 12:28 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
No, but come to think of it I have witnessed this from a few people, and yes it more about insecurity than anything else. Guys constantly braging about their sex lives. Of course I have never seen this from normal christian people, just the secular or the mal adjusted.
Newsflash: Not all Christians are "normal" (whatever that means). In any case, you are asserting that heterosexual Christian women do not wear make-up, dress in attractive ways, flirt with men? They don't, in other words, "flaunt" or "fortify" their sexuality in these ways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 12:30 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Setting aside for the moment the rather questionable assertion that "older" people do not perform their sexuality on a regular basis: So are you against younger heterosexuals, because they focus on the sex part? Do you want them to be denied the right to marry?

No No No, this is not even what I was saying at all. The point I was making is that it is the younger crowd that likes to antagonize gays and constantly remind other gay people that they are gay.

The older folks, while being against homosexuality personally, are more apt to treat the gay person with decency as opposed to the younger crowd.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How were they "flaunting and fortifying" it, exactly?

That was a poor choice of words I used, the way MsConnie put it was more along the lines of what I was trying to convey.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
No No No, this is not even what I was saying at all. The point I was making is that it is the younger crowd that likes to antagonize gays and constantly remind other gay people that they are gay.

The older folks, while being against homosexuality personally, are more apt to treat the gay person with decency as opposed to the younger crowd.
I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. But the younger crowd learns its manners from the older folks, don't they? If young people are taught that homosexuality is a "sin" and/or that gays and lesbians are freakish, I guess I'm really not surprised that the younger crowd antagonizes them.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:35 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Newsflash: Not all Christians are "normal" (whatever that means). In any case, you are asserting that heterosexual Christian women do not wear make-up, dress in attractive ways, flirt with men? They don't, in other words, "flaunt" or "fortify" their sexuality in these ways?
It's amazing, isn't it? Think about how often you see men and women holding hands in public, or kissing and hugging in public, and then think about how careful two men would have to be to do those things in public. If anyone's flaunting their sexuality, it's heterosexuals.

If two men even hold hands in a public place, they're at least going to be stared at, there's a good chance they'll be called "f*ggots" by some young punks, and there's even a chance they'll be physically attacked and beaten. How many heterosexuals have to worry about those things when they're with their significant others in public?

The prejudice is just blinding for some people, I guess.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. But the younger crowd learns its manners from the older folks, don't they? .
Actually their manners are learned from TV and Hollywood, if they would learn from the older folks they would be much better off.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,086 times
Default Prop 8: I’m Spartacus! No, I’m Scott Eckern!

Read the attached article and see if you belive this is justified.

That’s what I felt like yelling during last November’s horrifying public shaming of a theatre executive in California. Scott Eckern, the Artistic Director of Sacramento Music Theatre, was forced to resign after the public revelation that he donated $1,000 to the Prop. 8 campaign. I felt like calling all of my friends in the theatre industry and saying “I’M SCOTT ECKERN!” I felt like responding to all of the e-mails I received from my colleagues urging me to join the drive to remove him from his post by saying: “I’M SCOTT ECKERN!” “If you take him, you should take me! ” Like all those slaves standing in solidarity with Spartacus. I was also an executive in the industry with similar views. There but for the grace of God….
But I didn’t stand up and shout. I didn’t because I am a coward. I didn’t because I have children and a mortgage and I might need the next job that comes along so I keep my mouth shut.

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Prop 8: I’m Spartacus! No, I’m Scott Eckern!

So you believe people should lose their livelyhoods because they dare to disagree with you on a political issue? Maybe they'll be allowed to stick around if they confess their sins in public, right comrades?

Please pick up your jackboots and brownshirts on the way out the door.

Those who support the harassment of Prop 8 Supporters are vigilantes for the thought police. Disgusting.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
No, I am not asserting that all, but ask any christian woman, or man for that matter, what the most important aspect of their existence is or what truly defines them, and they will tell you "Jesus Christ" They won't say their sexuality.

I have heard numerous gay people, who in so many words, defined their whole existence and purpose in life to promote their sexuality.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Those who support the harassment of Prop 8 Supporters are vigilantes for the thought police. Disgusting.
I don't support harassment at all, but at the same time, that theater director wasn't "forced" to resign, as far as I can tell. He stepped down voluntarily.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
No, I am not asserting that all, but ask any christian woman, or man for that matter, what the most important aspect of their existence is or what truly defines them, and they will tell you "Jesus Christ" They won't say their sexuality.

I have heard numerous gay people, who in so many words, defined their whole existence and purpose in life to promote their sexuality.
That's because society doesn't require heterosexual men and women to deny the essence of who they are in their body. They don't have to hide their sexuality; they don't have to worry about fighting for their civil rights; they don't have to worry about hate crimes against them; they don't have to worry about not being able to kiss the person they love in public; or even hold hands; the list goes on. So yeah, for some gay people, sexuality does define their whole existence and purpose in life--BECAUSE NUTJOB CHRISTIAN AND NONCHRISTIAN HOMOPHOBES WON'T LEAVE THEM IN PEACE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies