Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,341,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
You THINK you've won the debate .... and who are you calling a backwards slug, MR oh so tolerant?
Connie, I've come to the conclusion that it does no good to even post on these threads, it always results in insults and name calling by the tolerant people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 03:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,653,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
Calling someone out for being ignorant is just being responsible.
They love bringing out that line about "tolerance", don't they? As if we're supposed to be tolerant of prejudice, ignorance, and discrimination.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,008,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
They love bringing out that line about "tolerance", don't they? As if we're supposed to be tolerant of prejudice, ignorance, and discrimination.
Oh ... aren't we the victims here ...

Old 01-09-2009, 03:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,556,546 times
Quote:
You guys are just purposely being obtuse! People have the right to boycott but I think boycotting (on both sides) is vindictive.
How is it vindictive if I, me, myself personally choose not to do business w/someone who I feel makes me sick? You are waaaaaaay too sensitive my dear.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,008,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Connie, I've come to the conclusion that it does no good to even post on these threads, it always results in insults and name calling by the tolerant people.
You are right about that. There is nothing tolerant about these hard-core libbies.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,154 times
Quote:
You are right about that. There is nothing tolerant about these hard-core libbies.
And are you tolerant? Tolerance is about letting people live their lives how they wish to live without putting up a fuss about it. I don't put up a fuss about you believing that fairy tales are more worthwhile than history books, but you certainly put up a fuss if two guys who have nothing to do with you decide to get married. That's how this all began, from the intolerance of you people towards gay marriage and the rights to receive the 1000+ benefits of a marriage in this country that cannot come from "civil unions". Until you figure that out, you will continue to be bashed for your dark-age beliefs.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,653,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
And are you tolerant? Tolerance is about letting people live their lives how they wish to live without putting up a fuss about it.
Absolutely. The people who want to enact laws to restrict freedoms and rights are the ones who are truly intolerant.

This country is only becoming more socially liberal. I just don't see any evidence that suggests we're becoming a more conservative country, and that's why I don't worry much about the right-wingers.

The conservative movement is over.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:58 PM

512 posts, read 712,345 times
Quote:
Oh ... aren't we the victims here ...
No that's your chosen role remember?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,064,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Oh no. You want to tell consenting adults what they can and can't do, you gotta stand up and be counted.

As long as said consenting adults don't decide to physically harm the ones that stand up to be counted.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Quote:
Uh...you don't think that the 'anti gay marriage' crowd WOULDN'T have boycotted the ones who support gay marriage???? How many times has groups like Focus on the Family urged their members and supporters to boycott businesses because they are supporting 'pro gay agendas'... hypocrisy at it's best.
No. Usually it is the groups/people on the Left who practice militant, radical protests and demonstrations which include intimidation, threats and so on.

Take for instance that Coyote place, frequented by gays ( or was), which also happens to employ a lot of gays. The owners daughter, a mormon, gave $100 in support of prop 8 and when the militant gays found out about it they threatened, boycotted, picketed the restaurant. The daughter invited the militant gays in for a meeting, she declined due to her faith to denounce her position, at that point she was viciously verbally attacked by the intolerant, militant gays.

It seems the militant gay activists did not consider the plight of their fellow gays who were employed there and were being financially hurt by the boycott - but that didn't matter.

If it were my restaurant and I was forced to lay-off because of the militant gays - can you guess who would get the first pick slips?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies