Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 AM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times

Advertisements

I fell asleep with the TV on last night only to find it on MSNBC this morning. I don't normally watch MSNBC news so what I saw this morning were things I hadn't seen in some time. First they had two liberals debating what the most appropriate liberal policy would be for solving some problem they were discussing. OK, it's MSNBC. I wouldn't expect anything different. But then, when they cut away to a commercial, I saw and heard something I thought would have ended after they successfully threw the election for the Democrats. You know, mission accomplished, Right? But for some reason they are still sucking up to Obama. I'm not talking about the normal left leaning bias press coverage that NBC and MSNBC are famous for. No, this is something new (at least to me) that reminded me of the Chris Matthews yes-man suck up line about having a tingle run up his leg during Obama's DNC nomination acceptance speech. Today's little Pravda-style propaganda piece stated that in the years to come people will ask me where I was when Obama took office. What? Are you kidding me MSNBC? Are you deliberately trying to make me hurl? What is the real motive for MSNBCs frantic, shameless boot licking? It can't be market share because Fox News cleans their clock. It can't be a genuine idealogical shift either because they we more mainstream before the campaign. So what is driving the current suck-up-o-thon at NBC (to include SNL) and MSNBC? Well, two possibilities come to mind. One is that Obama truly is the anti-Christ and Fey, Maddow and Olberan are his minions. Another is that parent company G.E. wants to be first in line for political favors via bail out money and preferential government contracts. I'm leaning toward the latter but not ruling out the former. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:18 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
I think this should be filed under the heading "Another Right-Wing Trash Post".
Hey, you asked...

Last edited by saganista; 01-11-2009 at 08:29 AM..

Old 01-11-2009, 08:23 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,090,038 times
"Antichrist" FTW.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times
MSNBC is a liberally biased news channel. I am a liberal and even I will not deny that. But it is OK because FOX balances it with their own bias to the right. If you want a more balanced view of the world, watch CNN.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I think this should be filed under the heading "Another Right-Wing Trash Post".
Hey, you asked...
But what about the palm greasing?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:33 AM

504 posts, read 900,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Antichrist" FTW.
I agree

Old 01-11-2009, 08:33 AM

403 posts, read 1,187,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
MSNBC is a liberally biased news channel. I am a liberal and even I will not deny that. But it is OK because FOX balances it with their own bias to the right. If you want a more balanced view of the world, watch CNN.
or BBC North America.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:37 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post

What is with this maddening view of "balance"?

The truth has a liberal bias. If you watch FOX, you get lied to. If you watch MSNBC, you get a long time waffler named Chris Matthews who has been a GOP cheerleader for many years, and then you get Keith Olbermann, who has taken Bush and the neocons to the woodshed.

The most amazing thing is Olbermann is RIGHT yet his voice is a distinct minority in journalism. Now, if Matthews changes lanes and is pointing out the obvious failures of the neocons, he is a "liberal"? I dont think so.

ANY news that tries to do ANYTHING other than point out what spectacular failures the Bush Admin. has left behind is either lying or not reporting the news with any integrity. That accounts for about 80% of the mainstream media, which is overwhelmingly CONSERVATIVE.

NONE of them have done REAL investigative journalism and exposed all tne lies and corruption and ineptitude surrounding Iraq, Katrina, Afghanistan, catching Bin Laden., etc, etc...............

Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What is with this maddening view of "balance"?

The truth has a liberal bias. If you watch FOX, you get lied to. If you watch MSNBC, you get a long time waffler named Chris Matthews who has been a GOP cheerleader for many years, and then you get Keith Olbermann, who has taken Bush and the neocons to the woodshed.

The most amazing thing is Olbermann is RIGHT yet his voice is a distinct minority in journalism. Now, if Matthews changes lanes and is pointing out the obvious failures of the neocons, he is a "liberal"? I dont think so.

ANY news that tries to do ANYTHING other than point out what spectacular failures the Bush Admin. has left behind is either lying or not reporting the news with any integrity. That accounts for about 80% of the mainstream media, which is overwhelmingly CONSERVATIVE.

NONE of them have done REAL investigative journalism and exposed all tne lies and corruption and ineptitude surrounding Iraq, Katrina, Afghanistan, catching Bin Laden., etc, etc...............

Love an answer to my original question.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:59 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
It wasn't a very original question...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies