Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockproipi View Post
I like to hear how did the Jews took the their homeland back from the Palestinians after more than 2 thoudsand years.

I wonder if the american indians have the same right?
Warning: sarcasm ahead!

Oooo, ooo! I would like to be the first to play the anti-semetic race card!

Last edited by ViewFromThePeak; 01-12-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Pat Buchanan says the Pope's statement that Gaza resembles a Nazi Concentration Camp is CORRECT

PB said on tonight's McLaughlin Hour that "When you cut off 1.5 million people's food, energy, and contact with the outside world and you have human waste pilling in the streets and half of children with dysentery that does indeed resemble a concentration camp"
I can understand the jews being angry and bitter over the hard knock they received during WW2, but what they are doing is not the solution.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
The world stood by as Jews were being slaughtered in death camps. Peaceful countries refused to accept refugees. Even now, many people are blaming Jews for what happened to them. And when Israelis are called "Nazis", and the situation in Gaza a "Holocaust", this is invariably coded language intended to say that (1) if only Hitler had been allowed to finish those pesky Jews, there wouldn't be a problem in the Middle East today; (2) Jews deserve being exterminated; or (3) the only proper role for Jews in any conflict is to be cattle-like victims. Based on all that, I think that yeah, if Jews had fired rockets from concentration camps in World War II, the world would condemn them.
I'm a pesky Jew who would consider the Gaza on a similar level of inhumanity as the Holocaust. What code am I speaking in?

What Israel is doing in the name of my people and my religion makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. I condemn both sides in honor of my cousin who was killed by a suicide bomber years ago and my best friend's family who have suffered desperately in the Gaza for years simply because of the race and religion to which they were born.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm a pesky Jew who would consider the Gaza on a similar level of inhumanity as the Holocaust. What code am I speaking in?

What Israel is doing in the name of my people and my religion makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. I condemn both sides in honor of my cousin who was killed by a suicide bomber years ago and my best friend's family who have suffered desperately in the Gaza for years simply because of the race and religion to which they were born.
RINO neo-con-munists and snake charming pseudo-Christians can simply retort that you're a self-hating Jew or a mentally unstable Paulite, or both. See how easy that was?

Playing the Hitler card earns the OP a cookie. Well done sparky!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
Same code as outlined in my post.

Quote:
I condemn both sides in honor of my cousin who was killed by a suicide bomber years ago and my best friend's family who have suffered desperately in the Gaza for years simply because of the race and religion to which they were born.
So you condemn both sides. Aha. And this is exactly like the European Holocaust because ... you condemn both sides there, as well? Only proves my point: those who claim that what's happening in Gaza is the same as the Holocaust are really saying that the Jews in World War II deserved what they got. And I don't care if you are Jewish or not.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Playing the Hitler card earns the OP a cookie. Well done sparky!
Precisely, Sparky. That's why your ilk keep bringing up the Holocaust -- because you guys don't want to play the Hitler card. Whatever.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Same code as outlined in my post.
The post and your criteria is about as cryptic a code as they get. Do you have a decoder ring for it?

Quote:
So you condemn both sides. Aha. And this is exactly like the European Holocaust because ... you condemn both sides there, as well? Only proves my point: those who claim that what's happening in Gaza is the same as the Holocaust are really saying that the Jews in World War II deserved what they got. And I don't care if you are Jewish or not.
That's your assertion, doesn't mean it's true. Do you want to make more "interesting" assertions such as the sky is green or that water is red?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Precisely, Sparky. That's why your ilk keep bringing up the Holocaust -- because you guys don't want to play the Hitler card. Whatever.
I never brought up the Holocaust. Concentration camps do not equate to WW2 holocausts...only in teeny tiny minds. Heck, even we had concentration camps for Japs in WW2. They range in severity of implementation.

Keep playing Al Sharpton like race cards and Hitler cards, it's almost funny to watch.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
It wasn't the Pope, it was a Cardinal attached to the Vatican:

Cardinal's Likening Of Gaza To Concentration Camp Angers Israel

Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
The post and your criteria is about as cryptic a code as they get. Do you have a decoder ring for it?
What's cryptic about it. Saying that Israelis are committing a Holocaust means 1 of 3 things, take your pick: (1) It's too bad Hitler didn't kill all the Jews; (2) the Jews deserved the Holocaust; or (3) in any conflict involving Jews, Jews are morally obligated to roll over and die.

Quote:
That's your assertion, doesn't mean it's true. Do you want to make more "interesting" assertions such as the sky is green or that water is red?
That's the logical conclusion drawn from the poster's message. She describes the situation in Gaza as the Holocaust and claims both sides are to blame -- meaning that in the European Holocaust both sides were to blame as well. That's certainly not my opinion, but apparently she believes otherwise.

Quote:
I never brought up the Holocaust. Concentration camps do not equate to WW2 holocausts...only in teeny tiny minds. Heck, even we had concentration camps for Japs in WW2. They range in severity of implementation.
Which renders the term "concentration camp", like "Holocaust", meaningless rhetorical garbage. But the ambiguity has its purposes for you, I'm sure.

Quote:
Keep playing Al Sharpton like race cards and Hitler cards, it's almost funny to watch.
Keep dealing those cards, mate -- we'll keep playing. I mean, that's what we live for -- to amuse you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies