Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:58 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Liberal activists and gay rights proponents have drilled it into our accepted knowledge that 10% of the population is homosexual. In actuality, this is not true in any way. The 10% figure comes from flawed research done with mostly prisoners back in the 1940s. It would be like going to a gay pride parade, sampling 1000 people and coming up with a very high percentage, then publishing a book stating that that percentage of the population is gay.

It may be 10% or a bit higher in some cities like San Francisco, Seattle, and Atlanta, but it is far less than that nationally. More like 2-4% at the most. It could also be that 10% of the population has some homosexual tendancies (ever been to a junior high school and watch the way the boys act)? Most of these boys become heterosexual adults however. Again, only 2-4% are exclusively homosexual.

If 10% of the population were really gay, we would see one of two things. The major cities would be really really gay (25%+) to balance out the rural areas....or there would be more of a gay presence in rural areas of the Bible belt, which there is virtually none now.
Once again a thread based on your idiotic opinion with no supporting facts or evidence to back it up. You're boring me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
The purpose of all life is to pass genes into the next generation. Heterosexuality fulfills that purpose. Heterosexuality is the "default setting", and anything else is an aberration and needs to be explained and, if possible, fixed. Whatever the case, it should not be encouraged.
So you presume to know everything about the complexities of the human brain and the "purpose of all life"? Wow. Not even the most brilliant scientists understand those things.

Even if homosexuality is an aberration, what do you mean by "it should not be encouraged"? It sounds like you believe we consciously choose our sexual orientation.

I'm saddened that an EMT has such an offensive, ignorant opinion on this subject.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
If gays made up 10% of the nation's population I very much doubt that proposition 8 in California to ban gay marriage would have passed because the percentage of gays in California would have likely been atleast 10 times that of the national average like around atleast 20%, and than when you also factor in the large percentage of heterosexuals in California who are very socially liberal, proposition 8 would not have had a leg to stand on.
HAHAHAH, nice attempt to form a coherent post but buddy, believe me when I say this, you fail horribly. lmao

Old 01-10-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
unless they can come up with a true definition of homosexuality, and secure some kind of biological test to prove someone is gay, then basically it is just an identity thing which one chooses to adopt.
Thank you, doctor. I'm sure you've published numerous studies to prove your point. No need to question you.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:06 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Thank you, doctor. I'm sure you've published numerous studies to prove your point. No need to question you.

Call it the study of one, and if it becomes public, it will show just how homosexuality develops.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
I have yet to see one "end all,be all" definition of homosexuality, there are too many variables that come into play, one of which is self identifying. I think true homosexuality (whatever it is), is extremely rare, probably around 1% if that. The rest are just people who have bought into the concept of accepting an identity.
eh? god you people seriously give me a headache. 1%? Buddy there are a whole lot of "straight" guys that have come on to me time and time again. I guess they still classify as straight in your book though eh?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
The purpose of all life is to pass genes into the next generation. Heterosexuality fulfills that purpose. Heterosexuality is the "default setting", and anything else is an aberration and needs to be explained and, if possible, fixed. Whatever the case, it should not be encouraged.

I'm an EMT. When I have a patient, the "default setting" is that they should be breathing. When they aren't breathing, I need to find out why and fix it. It's not an "alternate" way of living...something's wrong and it needs to be fixed. I don't need to explain why and how someone should breath...they should just be breathing. But if they're NOT breathing, I do need to find the definitive cause...something lodged in airway is different from trauma or COPD or whatever else.

In other words, it's the aberration that needs to be defined, not the default.
Dude, ima nurse. Please don't try to give any examples from a healthcare like nature to try to add validity to an extremely dumb line of reasoning. Do I seriously need to go down the list of why what you just said was dumb?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Dude, ima nurse. Please don't try to give any examples from a healthcare like nature to try to add validity to an extremely dumb line of reasoning. Do I seriously need to go down the list of why what you just said was dumb?

Sometimes Nurses overlook things that would be obvious even to those without medical training.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:18 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Quote:
Sometimes Nurses overlook things that would be obvious even to those without medical training.
What's that, careerism? no that has a different definition.

How bout prejudice based on career

Old 01-10-2009, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Call it the study of one, and if it becomes public, it will show just how homosexuality develops.
I won't hold my breath waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies