Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 PM

121 posts, read 225,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Why not say Somalis? Putting "filthy" before a group of people is pretty bigoted.
Admittedly, yes, I am bigoted when it comes to filthy Somali pirates. They are criminal trash and should be eradicated from the face of the earth. I call them filthy because they are. They are of no use to society. Zip tie their spindly arms and throw them into Davey Jones locker.

That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 03:48 PM

968 posts, read 1,038,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
Admittedly, yes, I am bigoted when it comes to filthy Somali pirates. They are criminal trash and should be eradicated from the face of the earth. I call them filthy because they are. They are of no use to society. Zip tie their spindly arms and throw them into Davey Jones locker.

That is all.
How is it that you haven't exploded from all your rage and hate?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:53 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
I am so glad that these animals are dead!

5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share
By MOHAMED OLAD HASSAN, Associated Press Writer Mohamed Olad Hassan, Associated Press Writer Sat Jan 10, 2:47 pm ET

MOGADISHU, Somalia – Five of the pirates who hijacked a Saudi supertanker drowned with their share of a $3 million ransom, a relative said Saturday, the day after the bundle of cash was apparently dropped by parachute onto the deck of the ship.

5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy - broken link)

We need to end the influx of these subhumans into our country.
Yeah, this was a good thing. Why is it that we have to keep re-defeating these Barbary Pirates?

Send in the new USS George H. W. Bush, and wipe these "people" off the face of the globe once and for all.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Why not say Somalis? Putting "filthy" before a group of people is pretty bigoted.

Because he said filthy Somali Pirates.. he was talking about a small ground of Somali's who were pirates... I think he has the right to call them filthy.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Because he said filthy Somali Pirates.. he was talking about a small ground of Somali's who were pirates... I think he has the right to call them filthy.
If that's truly what he meant, then maybe he should brush up on basic English. If he was calling the pirates filthy (as opposed to Somalis), then he needs a comma between filthy and Somali.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:18 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
what drives humans to act in such ways?
...in some places wars have had devastating effects...a mind is a terrible thing to loose.
Here, in the U.S where things are the best of the best, crime ought to be non-existant...children are abused, women get raped, gangs are rampant....
No newborn wants to be a criminal, but there is plenty of them.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
what drives humans to act in such ways?
There's a very practical reason as to why so many Somalis have turned to piracy (I'm not saying it's a justifying reason). Before 1991, Somalia had a thriving fishing industry. When the government collapsed there was no organized force in Somalia to protect it's territorial waters (there still isn't). As a result, foreign fishing interests (with much more sophisticated and efficient equipment) as well as foreign waste disposal firms illegally moved into these waters to fish and dump waste. This destroyed the local fishing industry. Thousands of Somali fishermen who could no longer fish turned to arming themselves and setting up blockades at which they "collected" cash in exchange for letting the illegal activities to continue - almost like a tax (albeit one collected at gunpoint). As the humanitarian crisis in Somalia worsened, more and more Somalis took to this "profession" - it was a way to keep their villagers from starving to death. As with any entrepreneurs, they soon looked for bigger returns. They found this in hijacking vessels for ransom along one of the heaviest traveled shipping lanes in the world.

I bring this up because it suggests a different approach to stopping the piracy. Using military strength to hunt down pirates should be part of the solution - but only a small part. Capturing or killling these thousands of pirates, most of whom work in small bands with no connection to other pirates, over such a large area just isn't gonna work. We should be very actively enforcing international law and help return Somali waters to Somalis. Additionally, we need to do what we can to end the humanitarian and civil disturbances in Somalia. All three approaches are needed to end the problem. As long as people are starving to death and they have this cash-cow at their doorstep, Somalis are going to continue to turn to piracy even under the threat of death from foreign militaries.

Last edited by ramanboy33; 01-11-2009 at 06:00 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
May their bodies rot in peace... worthless scum.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:59 PM

177 posts, read 312,392 times
Quote:
Incredible. Most of the people who post here seem to be in support of the pirates. I'd bet they're not the cuddly Carribean pirates of movie fame.

In closing, dear Comrade of the Ministry of Political Correctness:
I'm pretty sure "filthy" is an acceptable term for a pirate and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt their feelings. They have bigger issues to deal with.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM

69 posts, read 259,006 times
Quote:
Wow, using an adjective like filthy before a killer makes someone a bigot? What a dizzy world you live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies