Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
If that's truly what he meant, then maybe he should brush up on basic English. If he was calling the pirates filthy (as opposed to Somalis), then he needs a comma between filthy and Somali.
C'mon. You're really overreaching here. That is, unless you nit pick EVERYBODY on punctuation, spelling and grammar.

And if you do, why? It adds nothing to a debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:42 PM

968 posts, read 1,038,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
C'mon. You're really overreaching here. That is, unless you nit pick EVERYBODY on punctuation, spelling and grammar.

And if you do, why? It adds nothing to a debate.
I'm not nitpicking (not nit picking lol). Another poster, Aylalou, called the OP a bigot for calling Somalis trashy. Aylalou was then attacked as "being for the pirates" and for misrepresenting what the OP said - others said he was calling pirates trashy, not Somalis. I was simlpy defending Aylalou.

The way the OP wrote his first post he called Somilis trashy. It seems to me that's exactly what he meant. At the end of the post he said we need to stop the influx of these "subhumas" into our country. Since I'm not aware of a pirate immigration problem and since Somali refugess are the largest African refugee group in the US it only makes sense he was calling Somalis subhumans.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 PM

69 posts, read 259,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
I'm not nitpicking (not nit picking lol). Another poster, Aylalou, called the OP a bigot for calling Somalis trashy.
Who? Ay-who? Ay-lulu? Ay-lala? He sounds like he's part of the problem! He's a 'pirate protector' just like you!

As for you, you need a kitten in your life...

Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
These pirates are nothing but criminals. All ships should have a couple of 50 cal machine guns aboard to shoot across the pirates bow as a warning to stay away or shoot to kill as the case may be.
Problem is that they have been getting away with the piracy and are of course getting bolder every day.
If someone with a stick threatens me and I come back with a larger stick he will back off or quit.
The ships are on the open international water ways and should be able to defend themselves.
Steve

Old 01-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank check View Post
As for you, you need a kitten in your life...
What the hell is that suppose to mean? Maybe you need some Seroquel or something along that line.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 PM

121 posts, read 225,731 times
I think we should bomb the coast of Somalia. Or at least mine the shore to contain the filthy beasts.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:35 PM

69 posts, read 259,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
I think we should bomb the coast of Somalia. Or at least mine the shore to contain the filthy beasts.
go for it...

Old 01-12-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
These pirates are nothing but criminals. All ships should have a couple of 50 cal machine guns aboard to shoot across the pirates bow as a warning to stay away or shoot to kill as the case may be.
Problem is that they have been getting away with the piracy and are of course getting bolder every day.
If someone with a stick threatens me and I come back with a larger stick he will back off or quit.
The ships are on the open international water ways and should be able to defend themselves.
Steve
You clearly have no understanding of international maritime law or the fact that most countries have laws against foreign ships and sailors bringing arms into their territorial waters. Many a sailor has been jailed for being armed in the wrong water.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
We need to find the pirates bodies and demand ransom or we will:
1) Take said bodies and grind them up with both pig and dog bodies. (Muslim right? bury them with the unclean)
2) Dump said bodies into latrines in parks used by unusually high numbers of Jewish people.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:10 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
This is indeed ironic.They didn't bail out their boat after they got their financial "bailout" and it sunk them.
Here, we give out "bailouts" and it's going to sink US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies