Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

Catch the somali pirates and send them to Gunatanamo, then try them, eventually. No, wait, that would be cruel and unfair. So maybe just hunt them down and kill them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 02:13 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Catch the somali pirates and send them to Gunatanamo, then try them, eventually. No, wait, that would be cruel and unfair. So maybe just hunt them down and kill them.
Guantanamo is being closed down. If we do capture the pirates, many nitwits in this country may start getting all weepy and concerned about their rights and treatment and the taxpayer will be stuck with HUGE legal bills in order to pay for their defense in a court of law.

If they don't attack a US vessel, let the UN handle it. They should be pretty well rested these days.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:07 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share
By MOHAMED OLAD HASSAN, Associated Press Writer Mohamed Olad Hassan, Associated Press Writer Sat Jan 10, 2:47 pm ET

MOGADISHU, Somalia – Five of the pirates who hijacked a Saudi supertanker drowned with their share of a $3 million ransom, a relative said Saturday, the day after the bundle of cash was apparently dropped by parachute onto the deck of the ship.

5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy - broken link)
This is religion which was developed with the thoughts of jealousy at America. True lovers of their God and their social works were never jealous of America.

The jealousy theory is based upon family connections with truly unhappy circumstances. And also the existing government of Somalia supports the U.S. for trade reasons.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I did not mean to imply that the troops would be ours. The shippers could hire mercenaries or use troops from their country of registry. Unless one of the few US registry ships is attacked we must stay out of it.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
l

We need to end the influx of these subhumans into our country.

Bet there's a lot of folks around Minn/St. Paul that feel that way.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:58 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Way to be judgmental. Why don't you go live in a war torn country where thousands of children (and men and women) starve to death each week. A country that hasn't had a functioning government since 1991. I bet you can't even tell my why piracy arose in Somalia. If you'd grown up in that environment I'm sure you'd beg for a job as a pirate.

Apparently the pirates were better off than me. They have power boats and guns. I have neither after a lifetime of work. Geez, I must be in the wrong biz? Anyone got a cutlass they can loan me?

Old 04-12-2009, 03:01 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
You know nothing about me - stop putting words in my mouth and assuming I'm a "bleeding heart". I was just pointing out a very judgemental and ignorant post. How does spouting off a hateful, vitriolic, ignorant rant help anyone understand or solve a problem? If you want to discuss an issue, it helps to understand why it became one.

And why bring Clinton into this? The US was in Somalia for a humanitarian mission called Operation Restore Hope. UN presence form '92-'95 was a VERY LIMITED peacekeeping mission to prevent famine. We were never there to secure the country, and after 18 American Troops were killed , leaving was the correct decision (regardless of who may have planned the attack). Was Clinton suppose to look into his crystal ball and see that pirates would hijack ships a decade later? Should that have changed his decision if he had?

And no, Bin Laden was NOT in Somalia in the early 90's. The country you're looking for is Sudan. The Clinton Justice Department indited Bin Laden in '98. Clinton even sent missiles to try and kill Bin Laden. Remember the Wag the Dog accusations by the Republicans? Great way to support your commander and chief when he's trying to protect and defend America.

He is a terrorist and a criminal. They kill people, steal,and are cracked up on drugs. WHY would you feel bad for them? They all should be killed and put an end to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies