Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 PM

121 posts, read 225,307 times

Advertisements

I am so glad that these animals are dead!

5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share
By MOHAMED OLAD HASSAN, Associated Press Writer Mohamed Olad Hassan, Associated Press Writer Sat Jan 10, 2:47 pm ET

MOGADISHU, Somalia – Five of the pirates who hijacked a Saudi supertanker drowned with their share of a $3 million ransom, a relative said Saturday, the day after the bundle of cash was apparently dropped by parachute onto the deck of the ship.

5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy - broken link)

We need to end the influx of these subhumans into our country.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 01-10-2009 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: copyright violation, do not post more than the first two sentences and a link. Racist title edited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 07:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,029,102 times
God bless you.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,247,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
God bless you.
I'd rep you, but I have to "spread the love around."

Old 01-11-2009, 01:41 PM

23,154 posts, read 26,057,468 times
Sounds like a good way to avoid pursuit.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:54 PM

968 posts, read 1,034,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
I am so glad that these animals are dead!

5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share
By MOHAMED OLAD HASSAN, Associated Press Writer Mohamed Olad Hassan, Associated Press Writer Sat Jan 10, 2:47 pm ET

MOGADISHU, Somalia – Five of the pirates who hijacked a Saudi supertanker drowned with their share of a $3 million ransom, a relative said Saturday, the day after the bundle of cash was apparently dropped by parachute onto the deck of the ship.

5 Somali pirates drown with ransom share - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090110/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy - broken link)

We need to end the influx of these subhumans into our country.
Way to be judgmental. Why don't you go live in a war torn country where thousands of children (and men and women) starve to death each week. A country that hasn't had a functioning government since 1991. I bet you can't even tell my why piracy arose in Somalia. If you'd grown up in that environment I'm sure you'd beg for a job as a pirate.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:37 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,566,490 times
Somali pirate's body washes ashore with $153,000 - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090111/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy - broken link)

Old 01-11-2009, 02:51 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,397,150 times
They haven't had a functioning government since 1991? Well what has the UN and former President Clinton done about that? Oh, that's right! They did nothing. They allowed islamic terrorist to take over the area and when one of our Black Hawk helicopters was shot down Clinton ordered a withdrawal and left the area alone. Wasn't bin Laden in that area then? That would have been a good time to kill him. Since these pirates have the weapons to carry out their attacks I'd say they're doing pretty well. Well enough to make investments into helping to rebuild their nation. But they aren't doing that. They're murderers and thieves and they got what they deserved and none of your bleeding heart garbage will change my opinion on them.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM

968 posts, read 1,034,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
They haven't had a functioning government since 1991? Well what has the UN and former President Clinton done about that? Oh, that's right! They did nothing. They allowed islamic terrorist to take over the area and when one of our Black Hawk helicopters was shot down Clinton ordered a withdrawal and left the area alone. Wasn't bin Laden in that area then? That would have been a good time to kill him. Since these pirates have the weapons to carry out their attacks I'd say they're doing pretty well. Well enough to make investments into helping to rebuild their nation. But they aren't doing that. They're murderers and thieves and they got what they deserved and none of your bleeding heart garbage will change my opinion on them.
You know nothing about me - stop putting words in my mouth and assuming I'm a "bleeding heart". I was just pointing out a very judgemental and ignorant post. How does spouting off a hateful, vitriolic, ignorant rant help anyone understand or solve a problem? If you want to discuss an issue, it helps to understand why it became one.

And why bring Clinton into this? The US was in Somalia for a humanitarian mission called Operation Restore Hope. UN presence form '92-'95 was a VERY LIMITED peacekeeping mission to prevent famine. We were never there to secure the country, and after 18 American Troops were killed , leaving was the correct decision (regardless of who may have planned the attack). Was Clinton suppose to look into his crystal ball and see that pirates would hijack ships a decade later? Should that have changed his decision if he had?

And no, Bin Laden was NOT in Somalia in the early 90's. The country you're looking for is Sudan. The Clinton Justice Department indited Bin Laden in '98. Clinton even sent missiles to try and kill Bin Laden. Remember the Wag the Dog accusations by the Republicans? Great way to support your commander and chief when he's trying to protect and defend America.

Last edited by ramanboy33; 01-11-2009 at 03:56 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,721,143 times
Why not say Somalis? Putting "filthy" before a group of people is pretty bigoted.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,705,185 times
It sure does make you appreciate the value of water :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies