Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
During the interview, which was taped Saturday, the president-elect acknowledged that not everything he promised to do during the campaign would be able to happen quickly, given the country's economic quagmire.

"Our challenge is going to be identifying what works and putting more money into that, eliminating things that don't work, and making things that we have more efficient," he said. "Not everything that we talked about during the campaign are we going to be able to do on the pace we had hoped."

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_11431690

Here were are, he's not even in the Oval Office yet and, lo' and behold, the messiah can't deliver.

I know this will turn into a typical reactionary bash-Bushfest, but that's not the point, because it was Ron Paul and him alone that was HONEST with the American people.

Ron Paul alone told us that the country was broke, and that we couldn't afford McCain's wars or Obama social welfare policies. He knew we could no longer afford "invade the world/invite the world".

Yet, the masses deluded themselves into nominating Obama and McCain, neither of which understood basic economics, or if these candidates did, they flat-out lied to get votes.

Did Obama know or not know about the economy? Why didn't he know?

Ron Paul knew.

Our electorate in this country is getting dumber and more illiterate by the day however, and they voted for Obama and McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRe View Post

Here were are, he's not even in the Oval Office yet and, lo' and behold, the messiah can't deliver.

I know this will turn into a typical reactionary bash-Bushfest, but that's not the point, because it was Ron Paul and him alone that was HONEST with the American people.

Ron Paul alone told us that the country was broke, and that we couldn't afford McCain's wars or Obama social welfare policies. He knew we could no longer afford "invade the world/invite the world".

Yet, the masses deluded themselves into nominating Obama and McCain, neither of which understood basic economics, or if these candidates did, they flat-out lied to get votes.

Ron Paul knew.

Our electorate in this country is getting dumber and more illiterate by the day however, and they voted for Obama and McCain.

So what you're saying is you're used to Presidential candidates who accomplish most of their platform prior to taking office? OIC. Would you mind enlightening me and name 10 or 12?

Actually Ron Paul isn't the only one who said the country was broke. Jack Kemp said that in 1992, with figures to support it.

The reason Ron Paul knows everything and no one else knows anything is very simple: he gets daily briefings both from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and from the Lizard People of Beta Reticuli.

You guys slay me. You hit the streets by the millions and tell they American people they are dumb, illiterate, and deluded--- AND THEY DIDN'T VOTE FOR YOU?!!??!!

How can that be????

Old 01-12-2009, 09:52 AM

297 posts, read 841,621 times
Default Here we go....

I'm with FatChance...Isn't George W. Bush STILL (UGH) our nation's president?? What EXACTLY do you want Obama to do, RIGHT NOW? Deliver on WHAT exactly??

Anyhow...I love the naysayers...as if by just not liking Obama, he will not be THEIR president. LOL!

I HEART OBAMA!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Talking Yikes! Those grapes are SOUR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRe View Post

Ron Paul knew.

You're 100% right, of course.

America should return to the Bush era of compassionate conservatism and no nation-building. And never forget that Bush was a uniter, not a divider.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
Ron Paul also said he was going to eliminate the IRS and close all of our military bases around the world.

I'm thinking he would have been "backtracking" like a mother had he by some miracle found himself elected.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM

7,528 posts, read 11,359,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Ron Paul also said he was going to eliminate the IRS and close all of our military bases around the world.

I'm thinking he would have been "backtracking" like a mother had he by some miracle found himself elected.
Yeah. Even Paul was pandering to his crowd with all that.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:14 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,066,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
So what you're saying is you're used to Presidential candidates who accomplish most of their platform prior to taking office? OIC. Would you mind enlightening me and name 10 or 12?

Actually Ron Paul isn't the only one who said the country was broke. Jack Kemp said that in 1992, with figures to support it.

The reason Ron Paul knows everything and no one else knows anything is very simple: he gets daily briefings both from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and from the Lizard People of Beta Reticuli.

You guys slay me. You hit the streets by the millions and tell they American people they are dumb, illiterate, and deluded--- AND THEY DIDN'T VOTE FOR YOU?!!??!!

How can that be????

Nobody can deny that the reason obama was elected was basically that he is not Bush (or at least not a republican). We've been told for the last year that he was going to "fix" things. If you deny that or think that mccain made the same grandiose promises, you must have been living under a rock.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post

Whatever happened to that powerful Ron Paul juggernaut, anyway?

Old 01-12-2009, 11:42 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Nobody can deny that the reason obama was elected was basically that he is not Bush (or at least not a republican). We've been told for the last year that he was going to "fix" things. If you deny that or think that mccain made the same grandiose promises, you must have been living under a rock.

Why would I deny that?

Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,995 times
So a president-elect that made campaign promises has to backtrack once he gets in office....the hell you say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies