Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:06 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Yet, you read them and feel compelled to respond to them. That qualifies for 'provoking the thought process' unless, like most 'righties', you do so without thinking.
That fact did occur to me.
I generally laugh at the stupidity of his posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 12:06 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
When McCain picked Saracuda for his running mate combined with his post convention bump pushing him ahead in the polls you couldnt find a liberal in cyberspace

They were crying

Sara was the best choice at the time and almost helped Mac pull of a serious upset
He would have pulled an upset if he chose someone with a brain and who was less controversial AND if he had a consistent message with a better run campaign. People were able to see through the shrill hockey mom persona. Being President or VP is serious business; you don't want the girl next door; you want someone with a functioning brain, someone that doesn't claim being able to see another country is foreign experience, someone who studied journalism yet can't name a newspaper read.. and someone without an annoying wink who debates as if she were in high school and she were running for most popular student.

If John had chosen someone better (e.g., Romney); I could have been swayed. But hockey momma drove me away and firmly in the Obama camp.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:08 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Seems like all the female members of the Palin family are in heat constantly...about the only thing they do well is breed.

totally classless

Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Bloggers are a fact of life in this day and age. Does Sarah think she is the only victim of bloggers? Every serious candidate has opposition and many unflattering things are said. If Ms. Palin can't stand the heat, she needs to get the f*** out of the kitchen!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin slams ‘bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie’ « - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) — Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.â€

This thread is not about Sarah P as much as the question she raises about the role of folks like us in the campaign who are pro or con either candidate. All of the candidates have read the wrath of bloggers who are against them and she might be one of the first to really speak out. What cha think?
She should change her name to Wanda Whiner....what a spineless cry baby...what's her problem? Toddy the Brute not holding her little hand???

Old 01-13-2009, 12:29 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
He would have pulled an upset if he chose someone with a brain and who was less controversial AND if he had a consistent message with a better run campaign.
I'm an Independent and was leaning toward McCain before he chose Wailin' Palin. If he wanted the woman's vote, wanted an attractive woman for the male vote and wanted the intelligent voters vote, he should have picked Senator Olympia Snowe. She's got it all!! She's not the Bible thumping conservative ol' Walin' is which would have gotten him a hell of a lot more votes and, IMHO, the Presidency!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:33 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Bloggers are a fact of life in this day and age. Does Sarah think she is the only victim of bloggers? Every serious candidate has opposition and many unflattering things are said. If Ms. Palin can't stand the heat, she needs to get the f*** out of the kitchen!
I suspect most people are not aware of the Blogsphere and even less aware of how intense and natsty it can be. She was not in the national spotlight and there is not the evidence to suggest she was real tech aware and into the national political scene. She was rolled out so quickly and so directed it really was not fair to her.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,874 times
Quote:
Opinions can and should overflow it is what is sometimes stated as fact when it is not even close to that which MIGHT concern you.
True. Like with the whole, is she Trig's real mother thing? Before Bristol admitted to being pregnant I was curious about who Trig's mother was but I didn't accept the theory as fact and I believe that very few people did. But her experience or lack thereof is based on opinion completely, as is her intelligence so it's not like anyone can say she's completely qualified and a genius because that's just an opinion.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:39 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
But her experience or lack thereof is based on opinion completely, as is her intelligence so it's not like anyone can say she's completely qualified and a genius because that's just an opinion.
Not quite. Her experience is well documented. Her intelligence or lack there of can be an opinion because it is based only on her numerous interviews, speeches, and inability to 'shut up already'!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:43 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
I suspect most people are not aware of the Blogsphere and even less aware of how intense and natsty it can be. She was not in the national spotlight and there is not the evidence to suggest she was real tech aware and into the national political scene. She was rolled out so quickly and so directed it really was not fair to her.
...and McCain couldn't warn her about it, because gosh darn it he doesn't he doesn't know how to use a computer. He thought Sarah would be teaching him, because during that 10-minute vetting she told him she knew how to sell a plane on E-Bay.

I wonder if she's ever thought: "If only that Obama had asked me to be a VP, then I coulda learned how to use a blackberry! Doggone it!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies